LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

DJ LeMahieu

Author Message
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#21

Posted: November 19, 2020, 3:10 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6202
BF.net contemplating the offseason:

Image


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#22

Posted: November 19, 2020, 3:31 PM Post
Posts: 1960
I also enjoy posters will no inside knowledge telling us that we won't sign certain free agents in Trade Rumors threads.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#23

Posted: November 19, 2020, 6:07 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12176
CheezWizHed said:
BF.net contemplating the offseason:

Image


with good reason...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#24

Posted: November 19, 2020, 7:20 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12176
Ken Davidoff of the New York Post reports that DJ LeMahieu wants to stay in the New York area.

Davidoff also mentions that the Blue Jays are interested in LeMahieu, but are at a "geographical" disadvantage. He also writes that the most likely scenario is that the MVP finalist re-signs with the Yankees, and that it's unknown how much interest the Mets have in him at this point. After hitting .364 with a 1.011 OPS over 50 games in 2020, LeMahieu shouldn't be lacking in suitors, but for now it appears to be a three-team race for the 32-year-old.

RELATED: New York Mets, Toronto Blue Jays
SOURCE: New York Post
Nov 19, 2020, 7:23 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#25

Posted: December 04, 2020, 12:55 PM Post
Posts: 922
Holy ****... DJ is asking for 5 yrs, $100 mil.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#26

Posted: December 05, 2020, 11:47 AM Post
Posts: 4033
sveumrules said:
Do people honestly believe the Brewers won't sign a single free agent?
.


Yes.

Certainly not a significant free agent. I predict our payroll will be below $100 million to start the season. Possibly closer to $85-90 million.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#27

Posted: December 05, 2020, 1:03 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1359
Location: Baltimore, MD
3and2Fastball said:
sveumrules said:
Do people honestly believe the Brewers won't sign a single free agent?
.


Yes.

Certainly not a significant free agent. I predict our payroll will be below $100 million to start the season. Possibly closer to $85-90 million.

They probably won't be spending $10M+ on a FA, but they could certainly obtain a decent, Carlos Santana-level, player or two and stay under $90M still. The good thing is that they already have bodies for the roster, so they really don't need to stretch whatever budget remains across more than a couple players.

I don't think anyone's going to look at the roster we end up with and think it's competing for a World Series, but I think they'll definitely be competing for a 4th straight playoff appearance, which should be pretty fun/unbelievable for anyone that lived through the 90's and 00's with this team.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#28

Posted: December 05, 2020, 1:38 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10074
3and2Fastball said:
sveumrules said:
Do people honestly believe the Brewers won't sign a single free agent?
.


Yes.

Certainly not a significant free agent. I predict our payroll will be below $100 million to start the season. Possibly closer to $85-90 million.


That's basically the assumption that has been made since day one of the offseason, so I don't think there's anything that should be surprising about that number. But, to reach $90million, they'd have between $7-17 million to spend to reach that amount depending on how deferred money is factored, and more if they trade Hader. They're really not in a salary crunch at this point now that the arby stuff is mostly settled.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#29

Posted: December 05, 2020, 8:00 PM Post
Posts: 14064
Do you guys think we have never outbid a bigger market on a free agent? I am sure we have done it countless times.

That being said I doubt we have much of a chance getting DJ. Hefty price tag for us to swallow this offseason.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#30

Posted: December 06, 2020, 10:50 PM Post
Posts: 2836
MrTPlush said:
Do you guys think we have never outbid a bigger market on a free agent? I am sure we have done it countless times.

That being said I doubt we have much of a chance getting DJ. Hefty price tag for us to swallow this offseason.

Well, there was that time we got Eric Gagne... . . . Um, never mind, we're not supposed to speak of that incident any longer.

Seriously, though, I'd love to get DJ. He's the type of bat we could really use. But if he doesn't want to leave NY, it wouldn't matter what we offered.

I'd love to have hitters like Jeff Cirillo, Fernando Vina, Mark Loretta, and Dave Nilsson on this team -- not huge power guys, but HITTERS with a good eye and consistently far better results than the K-heavy tendencies that are far too prevalent today.

Does anyone else remember the crazy tennis ball machine Cirillo & Loretta would use for batting practice that would pitch balls 120-140 mph with lots of numbers on them? That lasted for at least a couple years. They used it to train their eyes better and, while seemingly potentially gimmicky, those guys got results!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#31

Posted: January 11, 2021, 10:06 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12176
Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports reports that free agent second baseman DJ LeMahieu has told his representatives to begin negotiations with other clubs.

The assumption all along has been that LeMahieu would be back with New York, albeit at a much higher AAV than the number he received from the Yankees in 2019 and 2020. Thus far, however, the Yankees have been unwilling to offer a contract to his liking, with Brown reporting that the infielder wants more than Josh Donaldson's four-year, $92 million and at least as much as the $110 million that J.D. Martinez received from the Red Sox. One of the top hitters for average over the past few years -- and he's provided a good amount of pop with New York as well -- LeMahieu is understandably frustrated, and Brown notes he's asked teams that have previously shown interest like the Blue Jays, Mets, Dodgers along with the Cardinals, Red Sox and Red Sox; among others. It doesn't sound like he or any other big name free agent is going to be signing a contract anytime soon. We're frustrated too.

RELATED: New York Mets, Toronto Blue Jays, Los Angeles Dodgers
SOURCE: Yahoo Sports
Jan 10, 2021, 8:21 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#32

Posted: January 11, 2021, 10:47 AM Post
Posts: 12509
Everyone has to remember that no team in baseball relies more on it's gate revenue than the Brewers so they took a huge hit in 2020. I'm sure management would like to be able to get involved with some of the better FA out there, but the fact is they can't and the best they can do is to target a couple guys that can provide some upgrade at positions of most need, and hope they get rebound seasons from the guys who struggled last year. Thankfully the division as a whole has mostly taken steps back. We're a couple weeks away from guys taking contracts in the $4-6 million range and that's where Brewers can get involved. If they do play well in the first half and crowds do come back, perhaps they can make a rental deal to bolster their roster for the stretch.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#33

Posted: January 11, 2021, 10:48 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6261
Location: Phoenix, AZ
turborickey said:
Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports reports that free agent second baseman DJ LeMahieu has told his representatives to begin negotiations with other clubs.

The assumption all along has been that LeMahieu would be back with New York, albeit at a much higher AAV than the number he received from the Yankees in 2019 and 2020. Thus far, however, the Yankees have been unwilling to offer a contract to his liking, with Brown reporting that the infielder wants more than Josh Donaldson's four-year, $92 million and at least as much as the $110 million that J.D. Martinez received from the Red Sox. One of the top hitters for average over the past few years -- and he's provided a good amount of pop with New York as well -- LeMahieu is understandably frustrated, and Brown notes he's asked teams that have previously shown interest like the Blue Jays, Mets, Dodgers along with the Cardinals, Red Sox and Red Sox; among others. It doesn't sound like he or any other big name free agent is going to be signing a contract anytime soon. We're frustrated too.

RELATED: New York Mets, Toronto Blue Jays, Los Angeles Dodgers
SOURCE: Yahoo Sports
Jan 10, 2021, 8:21 PM ET


If Doug Melvin were the GM he would have already received a 5-year $100m contract!

Half sarcastic comment there FYI.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#34

Posted: January 11, 2021, 5:57 PM Post
Posts: 5227
nate82 said:
turborickey said:
Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports reports that free agent second baseman DJ LeMahieu has told his representatives to begin negotiations with other clubs.

The assumption all along has been that LeMahieu would be back with New York, albeit at a much higher AAV than the number he received from the Yankees in 2019 and 2020. Thus far, however, the Yankees have been unwilling to offer a contract to his liking, with Brown reporting that the infielder wants more than Josh Donaldson's four-year, $92 million and at least as much as the $110 million that J.D. Martinez received from the Red Sox. One of the top hitters for average over the past few years -- and he's provided a good amount of pop with New York as well -- LeMahieu is understandably frustrated, and Brown notes he's asked teams that have previously shown interest like the Blue Jays, Mets, Dodgers along with the Cardinals, Red Sox and Red Sox; among others. It doesn't sound like he or any other big name free agent is going to be signing a contract anytime soon. We're frustrated too.

RELATED: New York Mets, Toronto Blue Jays, Los Angeles Dodgers
SOURCE: Yahoo Sports
Jan 10, 2021, 8:21 PM ET


If Doug Melvin were the GM he would have already received a 5-year $100m contract!

Half sarcastic comment there FYI.


What a move if Stearns swooped in and signed him. Though I will say with the notion wants more than Donaldson and at least JD Martinez money at 110, sounds to me he should be prepared for 4-90. He's 32 has only 3 seasons with an OPS+ above 94. And his personal best was last years 60game campaign sprint. Josh Donaldson has only had a career filled OPS+ seasons higher than Lemahieu's career bests prior to 2020. Defensively Donaldson has been a plus defender at 3b while Lemahieu just at 2b. It should be laughed at by comparison asking for more than Donaldson's contract. Having compared the 2 now statistically, Lemahieu at best deserves a 4-76mil contract and an apology to Donaldson.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#35

Posted: January 11, 2021, 6:17 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6261
Location: Phoenix, AZ
brewcrewdue80 said:

What a move if Stearns swooped in and signed him. Though I will say with the notion wants more than Donaldson and at least JD Martinez money at 110, sounds to me he should be prepared for 4-90. He's 32 has only 3 seasons with an OPS+ above 94. And his personal best was last years 60game campaign sprint. Josh Donaldson has only had a career filled OPS+ seasons higher than Lemahieu's career bests prior to 2020. Defensively Donaldson has been a plus defender at 3b while Lemahieu just at 2b. It should be laughed at by comparison asking for more than Donaldson's contract. Having compared the 2 now statistically, Lemahieu at best deserves a 4-76mil contract and an apology to Donaldson.


Realistically I think LeMahieu should be looking at more of a Aramis Ramirez type of money when he signed with the Brewers in 2011 but I don't think he will sign for that.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#36

Posted: January 11, 2021, 6:38 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10315
I would be stunned if DJ was in a brewer lineup


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#37

Posted: January 11, 2021, 7:45 PM Post
Posts: 1223
DJ won't be a Brewer, though it would be fun to see the reactions if it did happen.

I saw some data a while back on his spray chart, and where he hit his HRs. Basically he benefited immensely from that short porch in Yankee Stadium. He's still a very good hitter without the extra power provided by that, but not the kind of guy you want to pay $20m to at 37. Wouldn't surprise me if that played into it, DJ quite naturally wants to get paid based on his numbers the last two years (And he cut his strikeout rate a ton too this year, so it's not as if he didn't also get better in some ways), but perhaps teams don't fully buy into it. In addition to the usual aging concerns.

I'd still expect to see him back with the Yankees.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#38

Posted: January 12, 2021, 7:51 AM Post
Posts: 922
brewmann04 said:
I would be stunned if DJ was in a brewer lineup


Agreed, not a chance he will sign with us... Payroll is supposedly dropping again but we're gonna give DJL $20-$25 mil a year... Yea not happening.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#39

Posted: January 12, 2021, 11:25 AM Post
Posts: 86
For a team ( all small market teams) that basically depends on gate revenue to compete there just is no to very tiny room to add payroll. Until we get fans back in seats on a consistent basis, the divide between the spending may be the largest we have seen in modern baseball. You see it in what the big spenders are offering in the forum of prospects back ,to the very limited action for free agents. We know the great divide in revenue is never going to be addressed in the upcoming negotiations between the union and owners. It is what it is . And the upper Midwest teams in particular will just have to buckle down and ride out the strom.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu
#40

Posted: January 12, 2021, 1:54 PM Post
Posts: 5227
BestInTheWorld said:
brewmann04 said:
I would be stunned if DJ was in a brewer lineup


Agreed, not a chance he will sign with us... Payroll is supposedly dropping again but we're gonna give DJL $20-$25 mil a year... Yea not happening.


No doubt it's unreasonable. But so is DJ asking 20plus mil a season at his age and history. Take 2020 away and who pays him that kind of money? 12mil a yr for 2 seasons with the Yankees that produced his best ever stats. How's his stats going to be elsewhere? 17mil a season seems reasonable while still being questionable. 20-25 is just insane when nearly all baseball teams are reducing payrolls.

The thought on Stearns swooping in would come on this scenario: Hader is traded saving approx 6.5-7mil. Signs Lemahieu to a 3-51 deal with a 4th yr 20 option.

Simply a move where he's saved money and jumps on a player who will improve the team. Only thing is I'm not sure he'd solve 3b defensively. Obviously 2b is his calling. So then you go to 1b with him.

Think of Milws future payroll. That scenario trading Hader drops 10mil or more moving to 2022. Garcia not having his option picked up saves 10 more. Cains contract ends though Im not sure which year with opting out. Narvaez is gone after 2022. So theres money that will be shed to afford that deal.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Oxy and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test