Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

DJ LeMahieu

Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu

Posted: January 12, 2021, 7:36 PM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
BestInTheWorld said:
brewmann04 said:
I would be stunned if DJ was in a brewer lineup

Agreed, not a chance he will sign with us... Payroll is supposedly dropping again but we're gonna give DJL $20-$25 mil a year... Yea not happening.

No doubt it's unreasonable. But so is DJ asking 20plus mil a season at his age and history. Take 2020 away and who pays him that kind of money? 12mil a yr for 2 seasons with the Yankees that produced his best ever stats. How's his stats going to be elsewhere? 17mil a season seems reasonable while still being questionable. 20-25 is just insane when nearly all baseball teams are reducing payrolls.

The thought on Stearns swooping in would come on this scenario: Hader is traded saving approx 6.5-7mil. Signs Lemahieu to a 3-51 deal with a 4th yr 20 option.

Simply a move where he's saved money and jumps on a player who will improve the team. Only thing is I'm not sure he'd solve 3b defensively. Obviously 2b is his calling. So then you go to 1b with him.

Think of Milws future payroll. That scenario trading Hader drops 10mil or more moving to 2022. Garcia not having his option picked up saves 10 more. Cains contract ends though Im not sure which year with opting out. Narvaez is gone after 2022. So theres money that will be shed to afford that deal.[/quote

What you're forgetting is someone has to replace all the people you mentioned. You can't assume the replacements will be minor leaguers making minimum MLB wages. And you are assuming Lemahieu is still doing very well at age 40. IMO I'd never even think of Lemahieu.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 12, 2021, 7:50 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:

No doubt it's unreasonable. But so is DJ asking 20plus mil a season at his age and history. Take 2020 away and who pays him that kind of money? 12mil a yr for 2 seasons with the Yankees that produced his best ever stats. How's his stats going to be elsewhere? 17mil a season seems reasonable while still being questionable. 20-25 is just insane when nearly all baseball teams are reducing payrolls.

The thought on Stearns swooping in would come on this scenario: Hader is traded saving approx 6.5-7mil. Signs Lemahieu to a 3-51 deal with a 4th yr 20 option.

Simply a move where he's saved money and jumps on a player who will improve the team. Only thing is I'm not sure he'd solve 3b defensively. Obviously 2b is his calling. So then you go to 1b with him.

Think of Milws future payroll. That scenario trading Hader drops 10mil or more moving to 2022. Garcia not having his option picked up saves 10 more. Cains contract ends though Im not sure which year with opting out. Narvaez is gone after 2022. So theres money that will be shed to afford that deal.

What you're forgetting is someone has to replace all the people you mentioned. You can't assume the replacements will be minor leaguers making minimum MLB wages. And you are assuming Lemahieu is still doing very well at age 40. IMO I'd never even think of Lemahieu.

Next year is Cain's last year - no opt out.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 12, 2021, 8:44 PM Post
Brewers Numbers said:
wntrtxn21 said:

Think of Milws future payroll. That scenario trading Hader drops 10mil or more moving to 2022. Garcia not having his option picked up saves 10 more. Cains contract ends though Im not sure which year with opting out. Narvaez is gone after 2022. So theres money that will be shed to afford that deal.

Next year is Cain's last year - no opt out.

What I mean was opting out of 2020. So when you say next year that is after 2022season?

To bolded- I said a contract of 3yrs with an option. Hes 32 for over half the season. So the option year would only take him to age 35 finishing age 36.
I have 0% faith in the idea, but it is about the only work around I can come up with to see it happening.
Youre right as players leave they need to be replaced. Garcia-imo can be for under 6mil a year. Cain you hope on Mitchell ascending quickly. Catcher no worries. Arcia is a Urias and Turang shared duty. Plus you'd expect the headliner from Hader trade playing somewhere.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 12, 2021, 11:56 PM Post
My mistake, I did misread that. 2022 is the last year on Cain's contract. Him opting out of 2020 did nothing to affect his contract, length, or the years covered.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2021, 9:07 AM Post
LeMahieu is reportedly close to returning to Yankees. What would it take to get Miguel Andujar?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2021, 9:15 AM Post
Sounds like 5 or 6 yr deal, jesus... Better hope he ages well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2021, 11:37 AM Post
$90m/6 years is the number I see being reported. $15m per year should be very good value over the next couple years at least. And it's not a crippling number to a team like the Yankees on the back end. I suspect it's a matter of DJ wanting a certain total dollar amount. Yankees probably didn't want to go beyond 4 years, but stretching it to 6 makes the AAV low enough that it makes sense. A lower AAV in the most productive years helps them put a better team out alongside him.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply