LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 168 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Any real talk or Rumors for the Crew

Offline  Re: Any real talk or Rumors for the Crew
Posted: February 03, 2021, 7:20 PM Post
Yes i agree the Stearns team is sure tight Lipped. I do expect a cheap 3rd baseman or cheap pitchers will still come.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2021, 1:49 PM Post
Have seen that we've shown interest in Folty recently.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2021, 1:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
BestInTheWorld said:

Links are always helpful/encouraged!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2021, 2:02 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
BestInTheWorld said:

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2021/2/4/22264134/milwaukee-brewers-free-agent-target-mike-foltynewicz

Article doesn't mention the Brewers as attending the workout, just a potential target.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2021, 2:06 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:
PeaveyFury said:
BestInTheWorld said:

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2021/2/4/22264134/milwaukee-brewers-free-agent-target-mike-foltynewicz

Article doesn't mention the Brewers as attending the workout, just a potential target.

Al's Cheesy Beef on Twitter mentioned it.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Any real talk or Rumors for the Crew
Posted: February 04, 2021, 2:13 PM Post
BestInTheWorld said:

Sounds like 100% guaranteed confirmation to me!

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2021, 2:15 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
BestInTheWorld said:

Sounds like 100% guaranteed confirmation to me!

I don't believe anything until I hear it from Al's Cheesy Beef.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2021, 2:20 PM Post
Global Moderator
Warning Track Power said:
PeaveyFury said:
BestInTheWorld said:

Thanks- I think that's an important distinction, as that article reads more like a 'the Brewers should pursue Folty' opinion piece rather than confirmation they actually are.

And I have no idea who Al's Cheesy Beef is, but you are correct that that twitter account notes Brewer interest. Doesn't seem anything close to reliable, though?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2021, 2:26 PM Post
Thanks- I think that's an important distinction, as that article reads more like a 'the Brewers should pursue Folty' opinion piece rather than confirmation they actually are.

And I have no idea who Al's Cheesy Beef is, but you are correct that that twitter account notes Brewer interest. Doesn't seem anything close to reliable, though?

Apparently he has some inside info, he's working to confirm who Folty signed with.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2021, 2:28 PM Post
Global Moderator
BestInTheWorld said:
Apparently he has some inside info, he's working to confirm who Folty signed with.

As most of us here can painfully attest, be very wary of random people online that claim to have inside info, as it's completely unverifiable and usually 100% garbage.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2021, 2:29 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
BestInTheWorld said:

As most of us here can painfully attest, be very wary of random people online that claim to have inside info, as it's completely unverifiable and usually 100% garbage.

Yep agreed, see what happens.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 04, 2021, 2:38 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
BestInTheWorld said:

See High Heat.

lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 06, 2021, 7:05 PM Post
In tonight's mlbtraderumors chat Matt called the Brewers and White Sox dark horses for Kris Bryant. However, he also said he'd be shocked if the Cubs traded with a cross town or league rival.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 06, 2021, 10:27 PM Post
Yes JU be shocked if he was trades to either team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 06, 2021, 11:28 PM Post
Global Moderator
PDCBalla said:
In tonight's mlbtraderumors chat Matt called the Brewers and White Sox dark horses for Kris Bryant. However, he also said he'd be shocked if the Cubs traded with a cross town or league rival.

I'd take Bryant and his salary and ride all the way to bank. The guy's going to be primed to for a huge year. Take the risk. No, I won't give up a ton for him. But I think he'd be a fascinating gamble. But it'll never happen. No way the Cubs trade him to a division rival.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 07, 2021, 5:37 AM Post
reillymcshane said:
PDCBalla said:

I'd take Bryant and his salary and ride all the way to bank. The guy's going to be primed to for a huge year. Take the risk. No, I won't give up a ton for him. But I think he'd be a fascinating gamble. But it'll never happen. No way the Cubs trade him to a division rival.

I can't imagine Arnold taking on $19.5M in any way, shape, or form. IMO they would be better off trading for a guy like Brosseau and spending on a SP.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 07, 2021, 11:12 AM Post
Let’s not give Arnold too much power.

He isn’t deciding how much salary they take on......that will still be Stearns and MA.

I know Arnold now has the GM title but let’s not kid ourselves about who the decision makers are.

With that being said I agree on both counts....I doubt seriously the Cubs would trade him here or that we would take on his salary.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 07, 2021, 2:05 PM Post
I will never understand why trading within the division is such a big taboo thing.

If it's your best deal and you really like the deal, why wouldn't you do it? If you're worried about helping your division rival, don't you believe they're also helping you if you're doing the deal in the first place?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 07, 2021, 2:43 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I will never understand why trading within the division is such a big taboo thing.

If it's your best deal and you really like the deal, why wouldn't you do it? If you're worried about helping your division rival, don't you believe they're also helping you if you're doing the deal in the first place?

I couldn’t agree more with this sentiment. Ultimately, you want to pay as little as possible (see Cardinals and Arenado) but most of the time, the deal will help and hurt at the same time (see Yelich trade which depleted the system despite most not turning out yet). If the Cardinals offered the best package for Hader, and it made sense for the Brewers long term, by all means trade him there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 07, 2021, 2:44 PM Post
adambr2 said:

I think it comes down to not wanting to have the trade blow up in their faces if the guy they trade away helps a rival take a division title or pennant from you......perhaps in multiple seasons.

Having to face a guy 19 games a season can really piss a fan base off if he turns into Yelich or Garrett Cole.

They know that trading for prospect packages is always iffy so why take the chance when you can get a comparable package without the headache of having the player come back to bite you.

Can’t say I blame them too much.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 168 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply