LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next  [ 530 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Justin Turner

Online  Justin Turner

Posted: January 26, 2021, 3:38 PM Post
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/13 ... 1996584976

Offline  Re: Justin Turner

Posted: January 26, 2021, 3:42 PM Post
I don't mind getting Turner on a 1 year deal, but I can't imagine that it would beat out what the Dodgers and Jays are offering.

Online  Justin Turner

Posted: January 26, 2021, 3:42 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brewers are one of the "mystery teams" among Justin Turner's final four options according to Jon Heyman:

The Brewers are one of two mystery teams showing interest in Justin Turner. Dodgers, Jays and one more mystery contender are in the derby. Turner will only consider contenders but has a final 4.

Offline  Re: Filling Out the Roster

Posted: January 26, 2021, 3:44 PM Post
Even if none of these ultimately come to fruition, it's nice to be "in the conversation". At least we know they are trying. If the Brewers are in Turner's final 4, it likely means they've made him a competitive offer.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Posted: January 26, 2021, 3:47 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Even if none of these ultimately come to fruition, it's nice to be "in the conversation". At least we know they are trying. If the Brewers are in Turner's final 4, it likely means they've made him a competitive offer.

Aside from Yelich's extension, things are becoming more interesting than last year for sure.

Online  Re: Justin Turner

Posted: January 26, 2021, 3:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
So to recap the current Turner suitors being reported:

Dodgers
Blue Jays
Brewers
Mystery Team

My guess for the other mystery team would be the Braves. They've seemed a little hesitant to turn the full-time 3B role over to Austin Riley.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 3:52 PM Post
Damn, I would love him on a 1 or 2 yr deal!

Last edited by BestInTheWorld on January 26, 2021, 3:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 3:52 PM Post
Eye Black said:
So to recap the current Turner suitors being reported:

Dodgers
Blue Jays
Brewers
Mystery Team

My guess for the other mystery team would be the Braves. They've seemed a little hesitant to turn the full-time 3B role over to Austin Riley.

The unfortunate thing is that we know we'd have to overpay to get JT, if we are competing with three other teams for his services. I'd love to get him on a 1 year deal, but it feels pretty unlikely that would get it done.

Online  Re: Filling Out the Roster

Posted: January 26, 2021, 3:54 PM Post
Global Moderator

I agree that being in the conversation is a positive sign. I also remain a little cautious about what exactly it means since it was speculated that the Brewers were in the Darvish bidding during his previous free agency, but reports following his signing indicated the Brewers weren't at all close to the dollar figure and years the Cubs ultimately handed Darvish.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 3:58 PM Post

I think we've known they're trying. We just haven't had any sense of what they were trying. And I think that's what's had many folks so frustrated.

Brewers scoops have hardly leaked this year, whereas in the past there have been more "the Brewers are checking in on ____ ...." morsels floating out there for us to chew on.

Of course nothing's guaranteed to come of this, but overall I find this & the Semien scoop quite encouraging. I'm not sure who the ideal options would be, but we could do a whole lot worse than Justin Turner and at least for the pessimists out there it's now "known" that Stearns isn't presently in the mode of dredging for leftovers at the bottom of the dumpster.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 4:03 PM Post
I think they know they HAVE to get a bat at at least one of the corner IF positions. Turner fits the bill on a short term deal only. If he's willing to play a 1 or 2 year deal, MA might be willing to pay out a bit, the rub will come if he will only accept a 3 or 4 year deal. At that point, we SHOULD be out of it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: January 26, 2021, 4:05 PM Post
MNBrew said:

I think we've known they're trying. We just haven't had any sense of what they were trying. And I think that's what's had many folks so frustrated.

Brewers scoops have hardly leaked this year, whereas in the past there have been more "the Brewers are checking in on ____ ...." morsels floating out there for us to chew on.

Of course nothing's guaranteed to come of this, but overall I find this & the Semien scoop quite encouraging. I'm not sure who the ideal options would be, but we could do a whole lot worse than Justin Turner and at least for the pessimists out there it's now "known" that Stearns isn't presently in the mode of dredging for leftovers at the bottom of the dumpster.

And we know now that Mark A has been brought in to talk to at least one free agent, so it seems pretty clear that DS has been actively trying to work his magic to bring in a relatively big F/A or two. I doubt he gets Mark A involved if it's not at least a pretty big name that we are trying to lure. My guess is that Mark met with either Semien or Turner (or both) in recent weeks.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 4:19 PM Post
High contact rate. High walk rate. Low strikeouts. 20 homer 30 double potential. Wow would he look good behind yelich!!

Posted: January 26, 2021, 4:30 PM Post
Global Moderator
Turner and Semien would be fantastic additions for 2021.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 4:32 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:

No way we get both of these guys, right?? Just can't imagine that would happen, but I guess we can dream. If we did get both, then I'm guessing we'd try to trade Arcia. We'd still need to find a 1B on top of those moves.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 4:36 PM Post
Imagine getting both, then trading Hader for some other pieces, a 1B or maybe a starting pitcher?

Man, it takes only rumors to get me thinking differently...lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: January 26, 2021, 4:45 PM Post
Global Moderator
madtownhawk said:
PeaveyFury said:

No way we get both of these guys, right?? Just can't imagine that would happen, but I guess we can dream. If we did get both, then I'm guessing we'd try to trade Arcia. We'd still need to find a 1B on top of those moves.

Only Mark A. can answer for sure, obviously, but it's probably 'either or', and I'm ok with either. Both would make us legit contenders again.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 5:21 PM Post
Cant wait to be disappointed when we dont land Turner either.

God this sucks.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 5:24 PM Post
Yeah I’m sure Turner going back to the Dodgers will be announced soon.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 5:26 PM Post
https://twitter.com/byrobertmurray/stat ... 19554?s=21

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next  [ 530 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply