LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next  [ 530 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Justin Turner

Offline  Re: Justin Turner

Posted: January 28, 2021, 8:59 AM Post
I can agree with that 100%. I don't think it's the end of the world if there isn't a big splash coming (I think we'll be competitive within the division as-is even if we're not a World Series threat), but we're definitely all starved for something exciting to happen.

Posted: January 28, 2021, 10:57 AM Post
Statcast loves Turner. Guy is consistently in top 10% for expected BA and k%. Basically outside of being slow he's top 20% across the board sans exit velo. Put him ahead or behind Yelich. Take advantage of that BA. 3b solved big time.

Posted: January 28, 2021, 10:59 AM Post
I’d be comfortable going 3 years at $39 million. I think we could find a way to fit in $13 million per year.

Posted: January 28, 2021, 11:11 AM Post
Yeah, I'm starting to get more and more behind the idea of a Brewers "overpay" here. Yeah, it would suck if we have to go 3 years on him (as I'm sure we might have some regret during that 3rd year), but he seems like a guy that should still be a really solid bat in our lineup over the next couple of years. As has already been discussed, I think the only way we get him to Milwaukee is if we offer him up an additional year from what LAD is offering him.

Posted: January 28, 2021, 11:13 AM Post
i would not mind Goryko coming back to the Crew

Posted: January 29, 2021, 8:01 PM Post
Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that the Braves are one of the teams to "check in" on Justin Turner.

Heyman had previously named the Brewers as one of two "mystery teams" in on Turner, and it would appear that the Braves are the other club. However, Heyman notes that the Dodgers are still viewed as a "heavy favorite" for the third baseman. He's seeking a four-year contract.

RELATED: Atlanta Braves
SOURCE: Jon Heyman on Twitter
Jan 29, 2021, 5:30 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: January 29, 2021, 8:04 PM Post
Give him 3 years and a $5 million option for a fourth, or something like that. We need some offense!

Posted: January 29, 2021, 9:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
I would be ecstatic to see the Brewers sign Turner, but I just can’t fully wrap my head around him not re-signing in Los Angeles at this stage of his career. I thought maybe there was a small chance the Dodgers would make a run at Arenado or Bryant, but obviously that boat just took on water. I can’t bring myself to get my hopes up for this possibility as much as I want to.

Posted: January 29, 2021, 11:24 PM Post
With the move the Cards just made, I think it pretty much cements Turner returning to the Dodgers.

Unless MA thinks we now have to overpay to try and keep up with St. Louis, and we sign Turner tomorrow... *sigh*

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: January 29, 2021, 11:50 PM Post
This move by the Cards has gotten me sick.

Posted: January 30, 2021, 7:07 AM Post
Only way we have a chance at Turner now is if the Dodgers trade for Bryant and that just doesn’t seem likely at this point. Turner seems destined to end up back in LA.

Posted: January 30, 2021, 10:01 AM Post
Maybe LA would look at Bryant as a 1yr deal who would cost just a few mil more than Turner(if Cubs didn't send any cash) Theres also the fact that Bryant has a big year they QO him and certainly somebody will bite and pay him. That or Bryant accepts at 18? Mil the following season. Kody Hoese a 1st rd pick is lurking. Don't know what progress he made in 2020 but his timeline was for 2022 prior. Not sure LA wants to block a top prospect of theirs with any contract longer than 2yrs. Turner slhas to feel this is his last chance at a big contract(thus 4yr ask) Just having a 3yr offer may be what wins Turner.

Essentially remember weve had a big signing each of last 3 seasons. Only last year the signing was Yelich's extension. I'm still holding out for that 1 big signing this offseason.

Posted: January 30, 2021, 10:24 AM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
Maybe LA would look at Bryant as a 1yr deal who would cost just a few mil more than Turner(if Cubs didn't send any cash) Theres also the fact that Bryant has a big year they QO him and certainly somebody will bite and pay him. That or Bryant accepts at 18? Mil the following season. Kody Hoese a 1st rd pick is lurking. Don't know what progress he made in 2020 but his timeline was for 2022 prior. Not sure LA wants to block a top prospect of theirs with any contract longer than 2yrs. Turner slhas to feel this is his last chance at a big contract(thus 4yr ask) Just having a 3yr offer may be what wins Turner.

Essentially remember weve had a big signing each of last 3 seasons. Only last year the signing was Yelich's extension. I'm still holding out for that 1 big signing this offseason.

But they have to give up prospects to get him, maybe the dont want to do that.

They can easily just resign Turner.

Posted: January 30, 2021, 10:36 AM Post
BestInTheWorld said:
brewcrewdue80 said:

But they have to give up prospects to get him, maybe the dont want to do that.

They can easily just resign Turner.

All the Dodgers would likely have to do is pretty much take on Bryant's contract. He isn't going to be worth much in prospects.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Posted: January 30, 2021, 2:15 PM Post
Dodgers have lots of flexibility on their roster. If they don't want to give Turner a third year, or whatever else their limit is, they can look somewhere else. Wouldn't be shocked for example if they signed Ozuna, moved Bellinger to 1B and Muncy to 3B.

At the end of the day though, we need to overpay to get him to come here most likely

Posted: January 30, 2021, 2:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
SRB said:
Dodgers have lots of flexibility on their roster. If they don't want to give Turner a third year, or whatever else their limit is, they can look somewhere else. Wouldn't be shocked for example if they signed Ozuna, moved Bellinger to 1B and Muncy to 3B.

At the end of the day though, we need to overpay to get him to come here most likely

The Dodgers also have some potentially good future third baseman waiting in the wings like Edwin Rios and Kody Hoese.

Posted: January 30, 2021, 2:24 PM Post
I think the Dodgers are trying to get someone on a 1-year deal or at most a 2-year deal since they will need to figure out if they want to sign Seager next year or someone else like Lindor or Correa. They could just move Muncy to 3B and that would be the cheaper option which would allow them to sign one of Lindor, Correa or Seager next year in FA. Bryant also makes sense here as it would just be a 1-year deal which would fall in line with their thinking of signing one of Lindor, Correa or Seager next off season. Before the Arenado trade I would put the Brewers chances at 30% of signing Turner and after the Arenado trade I would put it at about a 5% chance of happening now.

Posted: January 30, 2021, 2:59 PM Post
Hope this isnt true but dude on Twitter said Turner to Braves for 3 yrs, $33 mil.

If they get him for that, I’ll be super pissed.

Posted: January 30, 2021, 3:02 PM Post
BestInTheWorld said:
Hope this isnt true but dude on Twitter said Turner to Braves for 3 yrs, $33 mil.

You mean the guy with 1 follower?

https://twitter.com/matthew_port15/stat ... 20674?s=21

Posted: January 30, 2021, 4:08 PM Post
markedman5 said:
BestInTheWorld said:

You mean the guy with 1 follower?

https://twitter.com/matthew_port15/stat ... 20674?s=21

Correct, I asked him who his source was.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next  [ 530 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply