LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Eddie Rosario

Offline  Eddie Rosario

Posted: January 26, 2021, 4:57 PM Post
https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/stat ... 52258?s=19

Offline  Re: Eddie Rosario

Posted: January 26, 2021, 5:01 PM Post
Would love this move. Couple it with Semien and the lineup is stretched significantly.

Cain-Yelich-Hiura-Rosario-Semien-Narvaez/Pina-1B-Urias with Woodruff and Burnes at the top and Williams and Hader at the back has potential.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 5:49 PM Post
Global Moderator
I think Rosario would unlock monster power numbers in Milwaukee. I really hope they do indeed sign him. I wouldn’t be shocked if he slugged >.525 at AmFam Field.

Online  Re: Eddie Rosario

Posted: January 26, 2021, 5:52 PM Post
Is he exclusively an OF? I wonder if he could play 1B? I agree, he could potentially put up big numbers at Am Fam.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 6:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
wibadgers23 said:
Is he exclusively an OF? I wonder if he could play 1B? I agree, he could potentially put up big numbers at Am Fam.

While he was coming up as a prospect he played a lot of second base, but has played almost exclusively outfield in the majors. I think he’d probably be able to play 1B, but not sure if he’d agree to sign if that was the primary plan.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 6:20 PM Post
I would prefer a guy like Rosario and Lastella over just one guy. Move Yelich to first, we just need guys that can hit.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 6:49 PM Post
wallus said:
I would prefer a guy like Rosario and Lastella over just one guy. Move Yelich to first, we just need guys that can hit.

The problem is money. Plus how do you know Yelich would agree to move to 1B? You'd be adding at least and estimated $14-16M. I guess until we know about the DH and Arnold actually admits to whay payroll is going to look like, it's all moot anyway.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 6:50 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
wallus said:

The problem is money. Plus how do you know Yelich would agree to move to 1B? You'd be adding at least and estimated $14-16M. I guess until we know about the DH and Arnold actually admits to whay payroll is going to look like, it's all moot anyway.

You don't. That's why this is in the rumor area.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 7:14 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
wallus said:

Why would we be reportedly talking to Semien and Turner if we have very little money to spend? What GM has ever publicly given a payroll number?

Yelich has given no indication he is a selfish player that wouldn't move to an easier position that he has experience with to help the team.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 8:21 PM Post
Totally forgot he was a free agent this offseason. Would LOVE to add his bat to the lineup and it wouldn’t break the bank. He just turned 29. How about a 3 year deal worth $30 million? Lock up his prime years, add a good lefty bat with pop to really help lengthen the lineup, and still have some funds available to play with. Maybe package Hader with Garcia and then go out and bring in Turner on top of it? A man can dream....

CF Cain
RF Yelich
3B Turner
LF Rosario
2B Hiura
C Narvaez
SS Arcia
1B Vogelbomb
P

Now THAT is an elite offense even if Yelich and Hiura only rebound half way to what they did in 2019.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 8:26 PM Post
RollieTime said:
Totally forgot he was a free agent this offseason. Would LOVE to add his bat to the lineup and it wouldn’t break the bank. He just turned 29. How about a 3 year deal worth $30 million? Lock up his prime years, add a good lefty bat with pop to really help lengthen the lineup, and still have some funds available to play with. Maybe package Hader with Garcia and then go out and bring in Turner on top of it? A man can dream....

CF Cain
RF Yelich
3B Turner
LF Rosario
2B Hiura
C Narvaez
SS Arcia
1B Vogelbomb
P

Now THAT is an elite offense even if Yelich and Hiura only rebound half way to what they did in 2019.

Where is Garcia? We benching a 10+ million player?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: January 26, 2021, 8:35 PM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:
RollieTime said:

CF Cain
RF Yelich
3B Turner
LF Rosario
2B Hiura
C Narvaez
SS Arcia
1B Vogelbomb
P

Where is Garcia? We benching a 10+ million player?

That was addressed in the post you’re quoting.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 8:43 PM Post
Global Moderator
The fact the Brewers have been reportedly interested in both Joc Pederson and Eddie Rosario makes me think they could be serious about adding a LHH slugging outfielder. Both have significant splits and are considerably better against RHP. Seems like a platoon partner might be preferred for Garcia. It makes sense because Garcia is much better against LHP. A platoon with Garcia and either Rosario or Pederson means the Brewers are likely getting an .825 OPS or better production out of that spot for the season.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 8:54 PM Post
That’s a pretty expensive platoon though ....especially for a team with a tight budget.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 9:05 PM Post
Global Moderator
markedman5 said:
That’s a pretty expensive platoon though for a team with a tight budget.

It’s also not a straight platoon though since they’ve shown a willingness to play Garcia in centerfield. They need to find ways to upgrade the offense, and using the outfield to do so presents more certainty than the majority of likely options at the corner infield spots.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 9:16 PM Post
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to start getting Yelich some time at 1B.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 9:25 PM Post
Maybe the brewers are looking to move Garcia.

Posted: January 26, 2021, 9:44 PM Post
brewmann04 said:

Unlikely.....you don’t trade a guy coming off a horrible year.......hard to get any value and in this environment you’d have to eat money to move him.

Posted: January 27, 2021, 12:24 AM Post
brewmann04 said:

I’m with you on that. With the Brewers showing interest in both Rosario and Ozuna, it leads me to believe that they very well could be shopping Garcia and I imagine that a significant piece would be moved with him whether that’s Hader or someone else.

Posted: January 27, 2021, 5:58 AM Post
With the rumors of us looking at multiple OF's, does anyone here feel that there may be some legitimacy to us potentially trading Cain and his contract along with Hader?

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply