LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Eddie Rosario

Offline  Re: Eddie Rosario

Posted: January 29, 2021, 2:52 PM Post
Eye Black said:
BestInTheWorld said:
I would rather sign C.J. Cron... Replaces Rosario's power and ACTUALLY plays 1B.

The biggest issue with Cron is you can't afford to have two dudes that can only play 1B, especially if there isn't a DH. If you sign Cron then you probably need to say goodbye to Vogelbach.

Fine with me, release Vogelbach, his contract isnt guaranteed anyway.

Posted: January 29, 2021, 3:19 PM Post
I get that Vogelbach isn't an All-Star everyday first baseman, but he's been consistently good against RHP the past three years and only costs $1.4M this year (and is controlled through 2024). Considering the DH is likely to be in play during that time period, I'm surprised so many people are anxious to drop him.

With that said, this offseason's plans definitely hinge on if/how you want to use him on the team, so it definitely explains a lot of the difference in opinions on here. For me, knowing we have a restricted budget, I think holding onto him and finding someone that can spell him against lefties and play other positions on other days could be a cost effective way to cover a that part of the roster.

2020 vs RHP:

2019 vs RHP:

2018 vs RHP:

Posted: January 29, 2021, 3:21 PM Post
For me its the low average and strikeouts, we have plenty others that do that already... Don't need another one of those in the lineup.

Posted: January 29, 2021, 3:21 PM Post
Global Moderator
MrAllen said:
BestInTheWorld said:
I would rather sign C.J. Cron... Replaces Rosario's power and ACTUALLY plays 1B.

Cron does look like a nice fit for 1B, especially against lefties, but he would only play 1B and if Vogelbach continues to mash righties, he'd only be a part time player, at which point you would have two guys that can only play first taking up roster spots. I can definitely see the appeal of someone like Rosario who could play first against lefties and then also cover outfield positions against righties. It would open up a ton of flexibility. And if 1st base doesn't work out, hopefully they have a Gyorko/Cabrera-type signing as well that will act as insurance.

Agreed, this is a much more eloquent and nuanced way to explain it than I did.

Posted: January 29, 2021, 3:28 PM Post
BestInTheWorld said:
For me its the low average and strikeouts, we have plenty others that do that already... Don't need another one of those in the lineup.

[wink] I get your viewpoint and it's not invalid, but I'll take him for the price point and hopefully add a couple less-strikeout-y guys around him.

Posted: January 29, 2021, 3:29 PM Post
Just out of curiosity had Rosario been a free agent after the season, where do you think he would have ranked amongst the top free agents? Top 20? Top 25? Lower? He obviously wasn’t on any of the rankings since he was non-tendered.

Posted: January 29, 2021, 3:34 PM Post
MrAllen said:
BestInTheWorld said:

[wink] I get your viewpoint and it's not invalid, but I'll take him for the price point and hopefully add a couple less-strikeout-y guys around him.

Haha love it, yes he does get on base.

Posted: January 29, 2021, 3:36 PM Post
wibadgers23 said:
Just out of curiosity had Rosario been a free agent after the season, where do you think he would have ranked amongst the top free agents? Top 20? Top 25? Lower? He obviously wasn’t on any of the rankings since he was non-tendered.

Going by projected WAR (https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resour ... nt-tracker), he'd be 34-40ish. Below La Stella and Cesar Hernandez, equal to Kike Hernandez, Molina, Ramos, and JBJ, and better than Nelson Cruz, Brett Gardner, and Maikel Franco.

Posted: January 29, 2021, 3:46 PM Post
So Rosario at 1B and Gyorko at 3B? Can't imagine that if we sign Rosario we would sign Turner as well.

Cain
Yelich
Hiura
Rosario
Gyorko
Garcia
Narvaez
Urias/Arcia

I don't hate it, just don't know what to think.

Posted: January 29, 2021, 4:45 PM Post
Again, all this Rosario to 1B speculation...

Anybody seen anything besides fan-speak as to whether he would even want to play 1B? If that is what we want him for, and I'm not convinced of that, maybe he'd prefer to play someplace else where he won't have to learn a new position. Asking him to play 1B might just steer him away from us if he would rather not do so.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: January 29, 2021, 5:42 PM Post
turborickey said:
Again, all this Rosario to 1B speculation...

Anybody seen anything besides fan-speak as to whether he would even want to play 1B? If that is what we want him for, and I'm not convinced of that, maybe he'd prefer to play someplace else where he won't have to learn a new position. Asking him to play 1B might just steer him away from us if he would rather not do so.

I think just what that dude posted on Twitter as far as I know.

Posted: January 29, 2021, 7:29 PM Post
https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/statu ... 87008?s=21

Posted: January 29, 2021, 7:33 PM Post
Well this is boring

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply