LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 102 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

3B Trade Targets

Offline  Re: 3B Trade Targets

Posted: February 14, 2021, 5:37 PM Post
I would have been interested in Neuse for the Brewers. Maybe the FO wasn’t interested since they picked up Robertson as a right handed bat and they want a lefty hitter.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 3B Trade Targets

Posted: February 14, 2021, 5:58 PM Post
Austin Tatious said:
I would have been interested in Neuse for the Brewers. Maybe the FO wasn’t interested since they picked up Robertson as a right handed bat and they want a lefty hitter.

Idk they’ve missed out on plenty of good LHH 3B.

Just feels like they arent making any more moves.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 14, 2021, 8:26 PM Post
I wonder if the Dodgers would do this:

Brewers receive: Rios, C.Santana, Price and $10m
Dodgers get: Quero and the Brewers 2021 competitive balance pick.

Rios gives the Brewers a good 1B/3B now and Cristian Santana in 2019 did this in AA as a 22 year old .301/.320/.436. If it takes taking on Price's salary to get Rios and Santana sign me up because I think Santana could be a very special player at 3B for years to come.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 14, 2021, 8:45 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
If the Brewers can't get Rios, how about Mike Brosseau from the Rays. Projected .796 OPS and good power. The Rays have an abundance of infs. and he wouldn't be expensive to get. Young and controllable for years.

Trade our comp pick for him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 14, 2021, 8:59 PM Post
wallus said:
wntrtxn21 said:
If the Brewers can't get Rios, how about Mike Brosseau from the Rays. Projected .796 OPS and good power. The Rays have an abundance of infs. and he wouldn't be expensive to get. Young and controllable for years.

Why would the Dodgers give up a major league player for a Competitive Balance Draft Pick? They’re system is already the best in the game and they’re built to win now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 14, 2021, 9:05 PM Post
I think the poster meant the comp pick for Brosseau, not Rios?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 14, 2021, 10:13 PM Post
What realistic 3rd base prospects are still around

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 14, 2021, 11:19 PM Post
Urias is almost surely a much better prospect than Rios, even at 3B. I guess Urias/Rios > Arcia/Urias, but still I would not give up a lot for just another promising question mark.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 15, 2021, 12:21 AM Post
Jopal78! said:
wallus said:
wntrtxn21 said:

Why would the Dodgers give up a major league player for a Competitive Balance Draft Pick? They’re system is already the best in the game and they’re built to win now.

Because the Dodgers are not just building for now but also down the line. Friedman has said this a lot when they are making acquisitions. They are not just looking at this year but also 5, 10, 15 years down the road.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 15, 2021, 1:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
What about trading with the Astros for Aledmys Díaz?

He's a bench bats for the Astros, but can play around the diamond. He's a RHH with reverse splits. For his career Díaz has a batting line of .287 BA / .334 OBP / .487 SLG against RHP (that's over a sample of 1116 plate appearances against RHP).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 15, 2021, 2:20 PM Post
I would love to acquire Kyle Seager but damn I did not know this.......

He's owed:
2021 $18,500,000
2022 *$15,000,000 $15M Team Option Option may increase to $20m and buyout may range from $0 to $3m

Doubt M's would kick in any money.

But Wong/Cain/Yelich/Hiura/Seager/Garcia/Narvaez would be very nice!! Perfectly balanced lineup and bunch of power 3-7.

Since we more than likely won't be getting Seager, see if Shaw can revert back to his 17-18 seasons and call it good... Shaw/Robertson or Shaw/Urias gives us good production at 3B.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 15, 2021, 4:34 PM Post
I'm not sold that Shaw can return close to his 2017-18 form. With the way teams take away hits from lefty pull hitters, he could start pressing again pretty quickly. But he does make more sense than Gyorko. With Vogelbach relegated to part time , they need another LH power bat in the lineup

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 15, 2021, 6:57 PM Post
Eye Black said:

He's a bench bats for the Astros, but can play around the diamond. He's a RHH with reverse splits. For his career Díaz has a batting line of .287 BA / .334 OBP / .487 SLG against RHP (that's over a sample of 1116 plate appearances against RHP).

I've always felt he's a bit underrated and I think that would be a solid target. Obviously cost would determine whether the trade is feasible or not

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 15, 2021, 9:43 PM Post
Global Moderator
KeithStone53151 said:
Eye Black said:

I've always felt he's a bit underrated and I think that would be a solid target. Obviously cost would determine whether the trade is feasible or not

I had forgotten about the guy. Seems like a reasonable guy to look into.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 15, 2021, 10:20 PM Post
The rays always fart out infielders so they still have extra. With Lowe and Wendle as 2B/3B starters, I wonder if Mike Brosseau or Yandy Diaz are available for a decent price

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 15, 2021, 11:35 PM Post
Devinep said:
The rays always fart out infielders so they still have extra. With Lowe and Wendle as 2B/3B starters, I wonder if Mike Brosseau or Yandy Diaz are available for a decent price

Yandy Diaz would be a VERY GOOD target as well as a great guy to have on your side during a brawl...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 16, 2021, 7:43 AM Post
Devinep said:

Highly unlikely... Both are RHH of platoons... Yes they traded away Snell but Rays are still going after it, they arent blowing everything up.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 16, 2021, 7:56 AM Post
I think the most obvious target is Kyle Seager, but I also think that if the Brewers were truly interested in him, he would have been a Brewer last offseason, instead of the Gyorko/Sogard/Holt murder's row we ended up going with.

The modus operandi this year seems to be grabbing former top prospects in that 24-28-year-old range who haven't been able to find a firm footing in MLB quite yet. Maikel Franco certainly fits that description, as does Jeimer Candelario. One name I've seen a little on social media that I don't believe has been mention here, though, is Rafael Devers. I don't know what the cost would be, but he'd be a perfect fit for this lineup. Likely very wishful thinking, though.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 16, 2021, 8:25 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
I think the most obvious target is Kyle Seager, but I also think that if the Brewers were truly interested in him, he would have been a Brewer last offseason, instead of the Gyorko/Sogard/Holt murder's row we ended up going with.

The modus operandi this year seems to be grabbing former top prospects in that 24-28-year-old range who haven't been able to find a firm footing in MLB quite yet. Maikel Franco certainly fits that description, as does Jeimer Candelario. One name I've seen a little on social media that I don't believe has been mention here, though, is Rafael Devers. I don't know what the cost would be, but he'd be a perfect fit for this lineup. Likely very wishful thinking, though.

Yeah, Devers! A pre-arbitration eligible 23 year old starting 3B with a career OPS of .830. The Brewers should send Corbin Burnes, Devin Williams and a throw in lien Corey Ray and get him today.

If that fails I’d pivot to Candelario. They could probably get him for just Garett Mitchell and Ethan Small

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 16, 2021, 8:26 AM Post
I don't really think Franco fits with the rest, as the other players are guys who struggled with fairly limited playing time and then have been demoted and eventually let go. So they're more of a bet that the skill set they've shown in the minors could still translate to the majors; or at least it hasn't yet been proven that it can't. While Franco has almost 3k PAs to prove that he's a below average player.

I would assume Devers isn't being mentioned because it's hard to see why the Red Sox would even entertain the idea. He's 24, he put up a 5 rWAR/6 fWAR season in 2019 and the Red Sox only have Sale and Bogaerts on the books after 2022. So would seem like a prime extension candidate for them.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 102 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply