LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
 [ 14 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Harold Ramirez

Author Message
Offline  Harold Ramirez
#1

Posted: February 17, 2021, 12:22 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5569
He was DFA’d today by the Marlins. If the brewers are taking fliers on outfielders this is a good one to get and bonus is that he has an option remaining.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Harold Ramirez
#2

Posted: February 17, 2021, 1:18 PM Post
Posts: 1430
Location: Washburn, WI
He’s better than the guy we traded for a couple days ago [laughing] I get it though, Fisher is a lefty bat. Ramirez performed at every stop along the way in the minors and showed very well in 2019 in 400 at bats. He’s certainly worth a flier.

Maybe he can move to first or third base?


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez
#3

Posted: February 17, 2021, 1:42 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5569
i think they are pretty similar players, only difference is that Rameriz did have a solid month in 2019 of great production. Both excelled in the minors and are looking to find their footings in MLB. I think the brewers can spare the spot on the 40 and if nothing else he is a starting corner OF in Nashville.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez
#4

Posted: February 17, 2021, 2:56 PM Post
Posts: 3200
A little bit change of pace from some of the others, doesn't walk much but also doesn't strike out like so many others on the Brewers. With the option, certainly would rather have him than McKinney and if Garcia got hurt would be more confident in Ramirez than any other outfielder the Brewers currently have. Another former Blue Jay.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Harold Ramirez
#5

Posted: February 17, 2021, 3:14 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2435
With two righty bats in the regular starting lineup, I think they are convinced that the 4th OFer needs to be a lefty bat. That's why I doubt they are interested in Ramirez. I think the main competition is going to be between Fisher and McKinney, with Ray as an extreme outside shot. That does not bode well for Taylor and Lopes.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez
#6

Posted: February 17, 2021, 5:16 PM Post
Posts: 5360
Seems odd he was dfa. His 2019 was promising. Improving monthly as a rookie. I'd take him over Fisher in an instant. How does Miami keep guys like Brinson and Harrison but dfa Ramirez? Garcia is only guaranteed this season. So R/L shouldn't matter. Guy has options and he has a place/reason to play in 2022 in Milw.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez
#7

Posted: February 17, 2021, 6:42 PM Post
Posts: 70
Something does seem a bit strange about his history. After trading for him in 2016, Toronto just left him in AA despite hitting .322 there in 2018. Then they released him after the season. Has a solid 2019, a lost 2020 in part due to catching COVID and then gets DFAd by Miami. Heck he was a top 100 prospect in baseball with the Pirates and they moved him for the immortal Drew Hutchison. Seems like three teams have already decided to move on from him for little or nothing in return.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez
#8

Posted: February 17, 2021, 8:23 PM Post
Posts: 690
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
With two righty bats in the regular starting lineup, I think they are convinced that the 4th OFer needs to be a lefty bat. That's why I doubt they are interested in Ramirez. I think the main competition is going to be between Fisher and McKinney, with Ray as an extreme outside shot. That does not bode well for Taylor and Lopes.

A lefty bat would make sense for the reasons you stated. I’ve been thinking that Brett Gardner would make sense for the right price.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez
#9

Posted: February 17, 2021, 11:47 PM Post
Posts: 5360
Simba2020 said:
Something does seem a bit strange about his history. After trading for him in 2016, Toronto just left him in AA despite hitting .322 there in 2018. Then they released him after the season. Has a solid 2019, a lost 2020 in part due to catching COVID and then gets DFAd by Miami. Heck he was a top 100 prospect in baseball with the Pirates and they moved him for the immortal Drew Hutchison. Seems like three teams have already decided to move on from him for little or nothing in return.


I was going to add a question to his character. 3 teams shows promise, in his prime aged years have wanted to move on from him. I had to look back to find top 30 scouting seems he had an ACL injury among a couple other nuances and it sapped his upside. Speed, CF. Sounds like he's only fit for LF with not having a strong arm. I guess you look at him as only a LF without enough power to quantify it. 4th of with LF designation, I supposethat is replaceable with somebody that can flex to other positions.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez
#10

Posted: February 18, 2021, 7:11 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8983
brewcrewdue80 said:
Simba2020 said:
Something does seem a bit strange about his history. After trading for him in 2016, Toronto just left him in AA despite hitting .322 there in 2018. Then they released him after the season. Has a solid 2019, a lost 2020 in part due to catching COVID and then gets DFAd by Miami. Heck he was a top 100 prospect in baseball with the Pirates and they moved him for the immortal Drew Hutchison. Seems like three teams have already decided to move on from him for little or nothing in return.


I was going to add a question to his character. 3 teams shows promise, in his prime aged years have wanted to move on from him. I had to look back to find top 30 scouting seems he had an ACL injury among a couple other nuances and it sapped his upside. Speed, CF. Sounds like he's only fit for LF with not having a strong arm. I guess you look at him as only a LF without enough power to quantify it. 4th of with LF designation, I supposethat is replaceable with somebody that can flex to other positions.

His BA scouting report from 2017 mentions injuries and concerns surrounding his conditioning:

Ramirez has not been durable as a pro, and a left knee injury ended his season in early August. He still has yet to play 100 games in a season. Conditioning has never been a strong suit, but Ramirez is in a new organization and has a chance to change his reputation in 2017.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez
#11

Posted: February 18, 2021, 9:29 AM Post
Posts: 12601
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
With two righty bats in the regular starting lineup, I think they are convinced that the 4th OFer needs to be a lefty bat. That's why I doubt they are interested in Ramirez. I think the main competition is going to be between Fisher and McKinney, with Ray as an extreme outside shot. That does not bode well for Taylor and Lopes.


Why wouldn't they go with 5 outfielders? Taylor made a nice impression last year. Assuming Shaw makes the team, they have plenty of LH bats. They don't need both backup OF to hit LH.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Harold Ramirez
#12

Posted: February 18, 2021, 9:37 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2435
JohnBriggs12 said:
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
With two righty bats in the regular starting lineup, I think they are convinced that the 4th OFer needs to be a lefty bat. That's why I doubt they are interested in Ramirez. I think the main competition is going to be between Fisher and McKinney, with Ray as an extreme outside shot. That does not bode well for Taylor and Lopes.


Why wouldn't they go with 5 outfielders? Taylor made a nice impression last year. Assuming Shaw makes the team, they have plenty of LH bats. They don't need both backup OF to hit LH.


It depends if they want to go with 6 or 7 infielders. Hiura, Wong and Urias are probably locks. Robertson and Arcia are probable as well. So it comes down to whether they want to keep Shaw, Vogelbach, or both. If they keep both, that only leaves room for 4 OFers on the 26-man roster, assuming they go with 13 pitchers to start.

Also, Taylor is a right-handed bat.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez
#13

Posted: February 24, 2021, 4:56 PM Post
Posts: 3200
Indians picked up Ramirez off waivers.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/02/ ... hreys.html


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez
#14

Posted: February 24, 2021, 5:42 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12411
Lock it down...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 14 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brooks_quichenick and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test