LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 14 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Harold Ramirez

Offline  Harold Ramirez

Posted: February 17, 2021, 12:22 PM Post
He was DFA’d today by the Marlins. If the brewers are taking fliers on outfielders this is a good one to get and bonus is that he has an option remaining.

Online  Re: Harold Ramirez

Posted: February 17, 2021, 1:18 PM Post
He’s better than the guy we traded for a couple days ago [laughing] I get it though, Fisher is a lefty bat. Ramirez performed at every stop along the way in the minors and showed very well in 2019 in 400 at bats. He’s certainly worth a flier.

Maybe he can move to first or third base?

Offline  Re: Harold Ramirez

Posted: February 17, 2021, 1:42 PM Post
i think they are pretty similar players, only difference is that Rameriz did have a solid month in 2019 of great production. Both excelled in the minors and are looking to find their footings in MLB. I think the brewers can spare the spot on the 40 and if nothing else he is a starting corner OF in Nashville.

Posted: February 17, 2021, 2:56 PM Post
A little bit change of pace from some of the others, doesn't walk much but also doesn't strike out like so many others on the Brewers. With the option, certainly would rather have him than McKinney and if Garcia got hurt would be more confident in Ramirez than any other outfielder the Brewers currently have. Another former Blue Jay.

Posted: February 17, 2021, 3:14 PM Post
With two righty bats in the regular starting lineup, I think they are convinced that the 4th OFer needs to be a lefty bat. That's why I doubt they are interested in Ramirez. I think the main competition is going to be between Fisher and McKinney, with Ray as an extreme outside shot. That does not bode well for Taylor and Lopes.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Posted: February 17, 2021, 5:16 PM Post
Seems odd he was dfa. His 2019 was promising. Improving monthly as a rookie. I'd take him over Fisher in an instant. How does Miami keep guys like Brinson and Harrison but dfa Ramirez? Garcia is only guaranteed this season. So R/L shouldn't matter. Guy has options and he has a place/reason to play in 2022 in Milw.

Posted: February 17, 2021, 6:42 PM Post
Something does seem a bit strange about his history. After trading for him in 2016, Toronto just left him in AA despite hitting .322 there in 2018. Then they released him after the season. Has a solid 2019, a lost 2020 in part due to catching COVID and then gets DFAd by Miami. Heck he was a top 100 prospect in baseball with the Pirates and they moved him for the immortal Drew Hutchison. Seems like three teams have already decided to move on from him for little or nothing in return.

Posted: February 17, 2021, 8:23 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
With two righty bats in the regular starting lineup, I think they are convinced that the 4th OFer needs to be a lefty bat. That's why I doubt they are interested in Ramirez. I think the main competition is going to be between Fisher and McKinney, with Ray as an extreme outside shot. That does not bode well for Taylor and Lopes.

A lefty bat would make sense for the reasons you stated. I’ve been thinking that Brett Gardner would make sense for the right price.

Posted: February 17, 2021, 11:47 PM Post
Simba2020 said:
Something does seem a bit strange about his history. After trading for him in 2016, Toronto just left him in AA despite hitting .322 there in 2018. Then they released him after the season. Has a solid 2019, a lost 2020 in part due to catching COVID and then gets DFAd by Miami. Heck he was a top 100 prospect in baseball with the Pirates and they moved him for the immortal Drew Hutchison. Seems like three teams have already decided to move on from him for little or nothing in return.

I was going to add a question to his character. 3 teams shows promise, in his prime aged years have wanted to move on from him. I had to look back to find top 30 scouting seems he had an ACL injury among a couple other nuances and it sapped his upside. Speed, CF. Sounds like he's only fit for LF with not having a strong arm. I guess you look at him as only a LF without enough power to quantify it. 4th of with LF designation, I supposethat is replaceable with somebody that can flex to other positions.

Posted: February 18, 2021, 7:11 AM Post
Global Moderator
brewcrewdue80 said:
Simba2020 said:

I was going to add a question to his character. 3 teams shows promise, in his prime aged years have wanted to move on from him. I had to look back to find top 30 scouting seems he had an ACL injury among a couple other nuances and it sapped his upside. Speed, CF. Sounds like he's only fit for LF with not having a strong arm. I guess you look at him as only a LF without enough power to quantify it. 4th of with LF designation, I supposethat is replaceable with somebody that can flex to other positions.

His BA scouting report from 2017 mentions injuries and concerns surrounding his conditioning:

Ramirez has not been durable as a pro, and a left knee injury ended his season in early August. He still has yet to play 100 games in a season. Conditioning has never been a strong suit, but Ramirez is in a new organization and has a chance to change his reputation in 2017.

Posted: February 18, 2021, 9:29 AM Post

Why wouldn't they go with 5 outfielders? Taylor made a nice impression last year. Assuming Shaw makes the team, they have plenty of LH bats. They don't need both backup OF to hit LH.

Posted: February 18, 2021, 9:37 AM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:

Why wouldn't they go with 5 outfielders? Taylor made a nice impression last year. Assuming Shaw makes the team, they have plenty of LH bats. They don't need both backup OF to hit LH.

It depends if they want to go with 6 or 7 infielders. Hiura, Wong and Urias are probably locks. Robertson and Arcia are probable as well. So it comes down to whether they want to keep Shaw, Vogelbach, or both. If they keep both, that only leaves room for 4 OFers on the 26-man roster, assuming they go with 13 pitchers to start.

Also, Taylor is a right-handed bat.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Posted: February 24, 2021, 4:56 PM Post
Indians picked up Ramirez off waivers.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/02/ ... hreys.html

Posted: February 24, 2021, 5:42 PM Post
Lock it down...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

[ 14 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply