LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Josh Reddick

Offline  Josh Reddick

Posted: February 20, 2021, 11:26 AM Post
Left handed hitting outfielder Josh Reddick is still searching for work. Has a little pop and strikes out under 20% of the time. He shouldn’t break the bank. It would be nice to add another known quality bat to the roster and safety net if Garcia doesn’t bounce back.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Josh Reddick

Posted: February 20, 2021, 11:28 AM Post
I've been intrigued by him for awhile. Obviously his injury history is a concern, but if you are looking at him as a 4th OFer and insurance, I think it makes a lot of sense.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 20, 2021, 12:08 PM Post
.270/.330/.440/.769 slash line against RHP for his career.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 21, 2021, 2:59 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
I've been intrigued by him for awhile. Obviously his injury history is a concern, but if you are looking at him as a 4th OFer and insurance, I think it makes a lot of sense.

I guess it would depend on how big a cut he's willing to take. I can't see Stearns/Arnold offering anything more than $2M or so for a backup OF. I know the A's also have been talking about adding him as a starting OF.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 21, 2021, 5:25 PM Post
Brew4U said:

As you said, over his entire career.

But the last three seasons against RHP-
2018 = .231/.318/.351/.669
2019 = .266/.312/.386/.698
2020 = .236/.307/.358/.664

I wouldn't be targeting Reddick if I was looking for a guy to hit right handed pitching.

Reddick may not be a bad fit for the Brewers as they have very little outfield experience once they get past the three starters. Looking at the defense and baserunning, Reddick just doesn't look like a guy that can do anything that well anymore. Greatest asset is probably his experience. Do the Brewers really want to go with Billy McKinney and Tyrone Taylor as outfielders #4 and #5 next season? I'm not a big fan of adding Reddick but I wouldn't argue with people who would say the Brewers should pursue him. Probably would end up with something like a .310 OBP, .700 OPS and subpar defense (but not horrible defense). Maybe McKinney, Taylor, Fisher, Ray could do better, but that group could do a lot worse too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 21, 2021, 6:46 PM Post
I'm excited to see who wins our 4th OF competition this spring. I think whoever wins between Fisher and McKinney can be a younger / better version of Josh Reddick.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Josh Reddick

Posted: February 21, 2021, 6:58 PM Post
I'm hoping Taylor takes it, and is everything that a lot of used to think he would become...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 21, 2021, 7:34 PM Post
Reddick comes with baggage. He peaked the year Astros were cheating and he just turned 34. Why not see if they have something in either Fisher or McKinney who are 27 and 26 respectively?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 21, 2021, 7:57 PM Post
JosephC said:
Brew4U said:

As you said, over his entire career.

But the last three seasons against RHP-
2018 = .231/.318/.351/.669
2019 = .266/.312/.386/.698
2020 = .236/.307/.358/.664

I wouldn't be targeting Reddick if I was looking for a guy to hit right handed pitching.

Reddick may not be a bad fit for the Brewers as they have very little outfield experience once they get past the three starters. Looking at the defense and baserunning, Reddick just doesn't look like a guy that can do anything that well anymore. Greatest asset is probably his experience. Do the Brewers really want to go with Billy McKinney and Tyrone Taylor as outfielders #4 and #5 next season? I'm not a big fan of adding Reddick but I wouldn't argue with people who would say the Brewers should pursue him. Probably would end up with something like a .310 OBP, .700 OPS and subpar defense (but not horrible defense). Maybe McKinney, Taylor, Fisher, Ray could do better, but that group could do a lot worse too.

Good catch. Pass on this one.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Josh Reddick

Posted: February 21, 2021, 8:13 PM Post
He's just a guy, we have plenty of "just a guys" on the team. Save the money and put towards a #3 starting pitcher...(I would have said a 3B, but I have given up on that ever happening)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
 [ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply