LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next  [ 162 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Jackie Bradley Jr.

Offline  Re: Jackie Bradley Jr.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:28 PM Post
brewers888 said:
BestInTheWorld said:
brewers888 said:
How about targeting a player that can actually hit. It just makes no sense to me to keep looking at players that add nothing to the offense.

You really think Yelich, Hiura, Garcia and Narvaez are gonna be the terrible hitters they were in 2020?

Our lineup has it in them to be very good this year.

I expect Yelich and Hiura to be much better and don't expect much from either Garcia or Narvaez. You really have to be wearing some Brewers tinted glasses to see this offense being good.

You do realize Garcia is a career .746 OPS 103 OPS+ hitter, who plays good D... What's not to like about that?

Narvaez is a very good OBP guy, he's not the hitter he was in 2020.

Sure, I have Brewers tinted glasses then... Either way, this offense can be very good in 2021.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:28 PM Post
brewers888 said:
PeaveyFury said:
brewers888 said:
I don't see any free agents worth signing at this point. The only way to improve the offense would be through a trade with Hader probably being the piece we use to get a legitimate bat.

Like who?

I would like to see Stearns make a blockbuster offer to the A's for Matt Chapman.

LOL so would everyone

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:42 PM Post
I doubt that Chapman is a realistic option but I would aim high. Either way I think this team desperately needs one if not two legitimate bats.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:42 PM Post
MLB Trade Rumors predicted 2 years and 16 million for Bradley. I wouldn't have a problem with that. Then I would bring Braun back (if he wants to of course) and release Vogelbach.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:43 PM Post
Global Moderator
brewers888 said:
I doubt that Chapman is a realistic option but I would aim high.

So basically, you'll aim unrealistically high, not complete a trade as a result, and need to sign a guy like Bradley anyway?

How about suggesting a move that's actually feasible?

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:47 PM Post
brewers888 said:
I doubt that Chapman is a realistic option but I would aim high. Either way I think this team desperately needs one if not two legitimate bats.

I don't disagree with you. But they are somehow going to have to come from what is already available. The easiest solution is hoping that Garcia and Narvaez rebound. If that doesn't happen, the next hope (albeit much less likely) is probably Urias or Robertson becoming a legit threat with the bat, or Shaw somehow finding his 2017 form. If none of that happens, we better hope the team pitches well and can play defense, because the offense is going to again be inconsistent. It sort of appears that is the Brewers' thought as well.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Online  Re: Jackie Bradley Jr.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:49 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
How much defense do you need behind Burnes (13.3 K per 9), Woodruff (11.1), Williams (17.7) and Hader (14.7)? They accounted for just about 35% of the total innings.

Imagine those guys' numbers with a strong defense behind them? It really could be something special as if it isn't already.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:53 PM Post
One thing that gets forgotten is that a player has to want to come here. Although it is more fun to pick and choose any potential free agent, I am sure the realistic pool is smaller.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:56 PM Post
brewers888 said:
PeaveyFury said:
brewers888 said:
I don't see any free agents worth signing at this point. The only way to improve the offense would be through a trade with Hader probably being the piece we use to get a legitimate bat.

Like who?

I would like to see Stearns make a blockbuster offer to the A's for Matt Chapman.

They'd be better of to hire a team of scientists to re-animate Babe Ruth. Chapman is already fantastic and is under team control for 2 more years after 2021.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:57 PM Post
If the As put Chapman on the block there would be a bidding war that we couldn’t win.

Chapman is a pipe dream.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:00 PM Post
Global Moderator
markedman5 said:
If the As put Chapman on the block there would be a bidding war that we couldn’t win.

Chapman is a pipe dream.

It's like whoever said that they would only trade Hader for Tatis last year. It just means you're not trading Hader, then.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
JohnBriggs12 said:
How much defense do you need behind Burnes (13.3 K per 9), Woodruff (11.1), Williams (17.7) and Hader (14.7)? They accounted for just about 35% of the total innings.

Imagine those guys' numbers with a strong defense behind them? It really could be something special as if it isn't already.

True. Even for those 4 pitchers, about half of their outs are in the field (27 outs per 9).

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:18 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
brewers888 said:

So basically, you'll aim unrealistically high, not complete a trade as a result, and need to sign a guy like Bradley anyway?

I suggested signing Yoenis Cespedes if he looks good in his workout.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:22 PM Post
wallus said:
MLB Trade Rumors predicted 2 years and 16 million for Bradley. I wouldn't have a problem with that. Then I would bring Braun back (if he wants to of course) and release Vogelbach.

Do this and sign Gyorko for 3rd and I think we’d be set.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:24 PM Post
They signed Shaw...if they wanted Gyorko he’d already be signed and in camp.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:28 PM Post
I would personally rather see Bradley play on a daily basis than Garcia, but I'm probably in the minority on that. Curious how his power numbers would translate from the long porch in right at Fenway to the short porch at AFF. He's also had quite a bit of success in the postseason, which would be a bonus should we get back there this year.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:30 PM Post
With the type of player the Brewers are bringing in this offseason, Vogelbach is beginning to feel like a very square peg for a round hole. Wong, JBJ, Shaw, all very good defenders at their position. While you could make the argument about Hiura being a poor defender, an elite hitting prospect, even without a position, isn't going anywhere. If they bring back the DH, then maybe? But I have to think if the DH is brought back, Ryan Braun will be on the next plane to Maryvale.

Have to believe Big Dan is destined for a new team or for Triple AAA as depth.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:44 PM Post
Well it's been like 4 hours, JBJ isnt signing with us.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:44 PM Post
markedman5 said:
They signed Shaw...if they wanted Gyorko he’d already be signed and in camp.

Probably true, although they would have held off on him until after Turner made his decision. Either way, I’d like to see Gyorko back. Was one one the bright spots of the 2020 team.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
brewers888 said:
PeaveyFury said:
brewers888 said:

I suggested signing Yoenis Cespedes if he looks good in his workout.

Thanks, I did miss that. I do think it's a bit unfair to look at 2020 Brewer numbers and assuming that's a fair gauge of 2021 production, while at the same time thinking that signing a guy like Cespedes might fix the offense, when he has barely played baseball in three seasons. That seems a bit unreasonable to me and unfair to the players on the roster already who have a better track record of success than their 2020 numbers indicated.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next  [ 162 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply