LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next  [ 162 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Jackie Bradley Jr.

Offline  Jackie Bradley Jr.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:51 AM Post
https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/status/1363909034999439371

This would be...odd? I understand upgrading the D and having Cain, Wong, Arcia and JBJ would be an unreal defensive team. But leads one to believe that Avisail would be jettisoned ASAP.

Last edited by Warning Track Power on February 22, 2021, 11:53 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:51 AM Post
Global Moderator
Brewers are in the mix for Jackie Bradley Jr. according to Robert Murray...

Sources: Brewers in the mix for free-agent outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr.

I advocated for Bradley as a trade candidate last August (with Cain opting out). Even with Cain back in the mix I'd be interested in the Brewers adding Bradley. The confusing part would be why they are adding so many potential outfielders right now. Are they potentially contemplating moving on from Garcia or Cain in the near future?

Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:52 AM Post
According to Robert Murray, Brewers are "in the mix" for Jackie Bradley Jr. https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/stat ... 39371?s=20

Offline  Re: Jackie Bradley Jr.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:52 AM Post
Very odd. I’m guessing this is one of those Stearns checking in on everybody situations.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:53 AM Post
This is odd to say the least.

I actually saw someone mention the Brewers interest in Bradley last week on a facebook page. The source was something I had never heard of before, so I dismissed it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:54 AM Post
Typically these "in the mix" reports don't come out unless the Brewers are dead serious. I guess Bradley is the best bat left on the market, and would probably be the best 4th OFer in MLB.

But this also makes me think that perhaps something is going on with Cain either being traded or opting out/retiring.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:57 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Typically these "in the mix" reports don't come out unless the Brewers are dead serious. I guess Bradley is the best bat left on the market, and would probably be the best 4th OFer in MLB.

But this also makes me think that perhaps something is going on with Cain either being traded or opting out/retiring.

Oh man, don’t say that. Was really looking forward to having Cain back but I guess this is a possibility we have to accept.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:59 AM Post
This could mean that Lorenzo Cain is thinking about opting out again. Ian Desmond just opted out yesterday.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:59 AM Post
JBJ has an OPS+ of 105 against RHP and 88 against LHP. Would be a 4th OF who could get plenty of time spelling Cain and Garcia against righties?

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:00 PM Post
wibadgers23 said:

Oh man, don’t say that. Was really looking forward to having Cain back but I guess this is a possibility we have to accept.

Agreed. I love Cain. The energy and attitude he brings to this team is unmatched. But JBJ is an excellent MLB CF, so unless they are moving on from Garcia, this makes little sense.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:01 PM Post
How about targeting a player that can actually hit. It just makes no sense to me to keep looking at players that add nothing to the offense.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:03 PM Post
brewers888 said:
How about targeting a player that can actually hit. It just makes no sense to me to keep looking at players that add nothing to the offense.

You continue to say this. Who? Who do you want them to target?

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:04 PM Post
Garcia is almost guaranteed to be gone next season and we don't have any outfielders knocking on the door.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:04 PM Post
brewers888 said:

This is a weird thing to say after he posted a 118 OPS+ a year ago. Granted that it was a condensed season but he produced...

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:06 PM Post
Bnowell4evr said:
This could mean that Lorenzo Cain is thinking about opting out again. Ian Desmond just opted out yesterday.

If Cain opts out, we have a big hole and a lot more money to work with.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:07 PM Post
https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/ ... 87457?s=20

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:07 PM Post
brewers888 said:

You continue to say this. Who? Who do you want them to target?

I don't see any free agents left worth targeting but I sure don't see any reason to sign another defensive first player.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:10 PM Post
I wonder if there's a real possibility of getting JBJ on a two/three-year contract. He could be a bridge player in case Cain declines any this season or is contemplating opting out for 2021/retiring after 2021. It would lock down CF until Mitchell or some other prospect might be ready for the majors.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:11 PM Post
Biggest needs this off-season were unarguably 1B and 3B, so what does Stearns go after? A 2B, a high end reliever and a CF. The guy just continues to zag when everyone is thinking zig.

Last edited by Ron Robinson's Beard on February 22, 2021, 12:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:12 PM Post
I see this mostly as Garcia being gone post-2021, Cain in the last year of his contract, being 36 and likely needing to move off of CF, an absence of OF prospects knocking on the door and the Brewers becoming a pitching and defense team (the BREWERS!).

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next  [ 162 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply