LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 157 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Ryan Braun

Offline  Re: Ryan Braun

Posted: May 19, 2021, 3:39 PM Post
sveumrules said:
Saw this little Braun nugget over at MLBTR...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/05/ ... azier.html

Notably, Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times reported this week that Team USA also reached out to Ryan Braun about a possible match. Braun, who has also received interest from Team Israel, tells Shaikin that suiting back up for any team “doesn’t make sense for me,” adding that he “couldn’t imagine being happier or enjoying life more” than he is right now while spending time with his family.

Nice to hear him say that but it's too bad he didn't get to play in front of a packed Mill...erm...American Family Field one last time before calling it quits.

Posted: May 24, 2021, 12:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
ThisIsMyCrew said:
Brew4U said:
He’s done until he’s not. Anyone that leaves a window open for return has not closed the door mentally. I don’t think there’s a strong chance of return like originally I did but if the situation is right, I could still see a swan song finish.

I remember a certain Packers QB being “done” multiple times. Guys change their minds. We shall see.

Of course Favre did that in the offseason and never missed an actual game because of it.

I think there is a chance of a late season return to the Brewers:
1) A token good-bye game (I actually kind of hope they do this at a minimum).
2) A end of season bat depending our 1B/OF situation. This gets harder as it probably would require a week or so playing live games at a minor league venue...which I'm doubting he will want to do.

Posted: June 04, 2021, 1:55 AM Post
If we ever needed a Braun at 1B, it is this year.

Posted: June 04, 2021, 4:33 PM Post
I doubt we see Braun in a brewer uniform playing for the Brewers.

Posted: June 06, 2021, 3:55 PM Post
I think it is likely he is in a Brewers uniform again.... more than just cuz.

Really, He hasn’t retired yet..... this is a BIG one. If he was truly done, he is having a press conference and a big, big show to highlight accomplishments and a brilliant career. Also, the Brewers are in 1st place. That also helps because he loves the playoffs and would really kick himself hard if he missed out on any of that. Last, they are in need of a guy that can start 3 or 4 times a week at 1B (and LF). And the bar is LOW at 1st base. He could be bad and be an upgrade there.

Expecting him after the All Star Break...

Really, why not?

Posted: June 06, 2021, 6:16 PM Post
I doubt it but would be really excited to see #8 back.

Posted: June 06, 2021, 9:00 PM Post
Global Moderator
I put it at about 5 percent that he actually comes back in the 2nd half.

I won't say zero because almost nothing is absolute but he really sounds like he's enjoying not playing baseball.

Posted: June 07, 2021, 11:00 PM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:

I won't say zero because almost nothing is absolute but he really sounds like he's enjoying not playing baseball.

He enjoys it so much that he hasn't even retired yet! Hopefully the guy stays in shape. He definitely likes the bright lights of the playoff type atmosphere and I agree with others that it's just too early and not fun enough/too much of a grind and too long of a season to sign up now. Once late July and August rolls around I think he comes back for the playoff push. I hope...unless we pick up some other help first cuz we desperately need it and at positions where it should be pretty easy to get.

Posted: June 08, 2021, 8:06 PM Post
It will be a real thrill if he comes back.

Posted: June 08, 2021, 8:10 PM Post
Oxy said:
RoCoBrewfan said:

He enjoys it so much that he hasn't even retired yet! Hopefully the guy stays in shape. He definitely likes the bright lights of the playoff type atmosphere and I agree with others that it's just too early and not fun enough/too much of a grind and too long of a season to sign up now. Once late July and August rolls around I think he comes back for the playoff push. I hope...unless we pick up some other help first cuz we desperately need it and at positions where it should be pretty easy to get.

Some guys just would prefer to keep things open and unofficial. Retirement has a finality to it that maybe he just isn't interested in right now. I don't think it necessarily means anything that he hasn't retired and the longer he is gone the less likely I think it is that he's just going to step right in and be an effective bat.

Posted: June 08, 2021, 11:10 PM Post
His wife posted a gif on Instagram of him taking BP...with the line, I still got it or something.

Posted: June 09, 2021, 4:15 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
His wife posted a gif on Instagram of him taking BP...with the line, I still got it or something.

I don’t see that on her page.

Posted: June 09, 2021, 4:28 AM Post
Brew4U said:
stoutdude04 said:

It’s on her story. But spoiler, it wasn’t serious BP or anything. Just hitting balls with Attanasio son (they do the California Strong thing together).

Posted: June 09, 2021, 4:52 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
Brew4U said:
stoutdude04 said:

It’s on her story. But spoiler, it wasn’t serious BP or anything. Just hitting balls with Attanasio son (they do the California Strong thing together).

Ah, got it. I see it now.

Posted: June 10, 2021, 8:53 AM Post
Sign him to play 1b, 3b and be the hitting coach. Maybe he can fix yelich and JBJ.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Posted: June 10, 2021, 11:17 AM Post
phnxcrew said:
Sign him to play 1b, 3b and be the hitting coach. Maybe he can fix yelich and JBJ.

So you want them to watch more first pitch fastballs down the middle of the plate and then flail at low and away sliders?

Posted: June 11, 2021, 2:34 PM Post
nate82 said:
phnxcrew said:

So you want them to watch more first pitch fastballs down the middle of the plate and then flail at low and away sliders?

My post was slightly comical, of
Course. However, if that’s what you take away from one of the best if not the best hitters the brewers have had (especially for a career brewer) I’m not sure what to say.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Posted: June 14, 2021, 4:05 AM Post
Turns out, Braun was training for his home run derby he just competed in. Hit 11 dingers on 12 swings. He’s ready…

Posted: June 14, 2021, 6:52 AM Post
There was no team that Braun tormented more than the Cubs and I think he loved that. With the NL Central looking like a two team race between the Brewers and the Cubs, one has to wonder if his competitive juices are starting to kick in.

Posted: June 14, 2021, 7:34 AM Post
I love a good what if, but nothing points to Ryan Braun having even the slightest interest in coming back. Seems like he is pretty happy and okay never picking up a bat ever again for pro ball. Ryan Braun considered the Olympics, but opted not to because he wanted to stay with family. The Olympics for baseball start at the end of July. Seems like he is going to be staying at home all summer.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 157 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply