LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 157 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Ryan Braun

Offline  Re: Ryan Braun
Posted: August 10, 2021, 9:09 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Maybe if September rosters were still at 40 they could make room in September and see what happens. With only 28 now, I just can't see it.

At 40 i think it 100% would make sense. Even giving him 10-15 PH appearances in September along with his clubhouse presence would be worth it. But with only 2 extra guys coming up it's not smart. I 100% want 2 pitchers in September to help manage the workload for the big 3 which gives us a 13 position/15 pitcher split. Give me Ashby and Lindblom, both guys currently starting so can provide plenty of innings.

Posted: August 10, 2021, 9:12 AM Post
Pointless conversation but:

Even if roster were still 40 I doubt he would return. No way Braun would come back for 15 PAs and then get left off the postseason roster. What would even be the point for him? So unless he was promised a 26 man spot he would most certainly stay home.

Posted: August 10, 2021, 10:46 AM Post
Am I the only one who hasn't really even noticed he wasn't on the team this year? There hasn't been one time where I thought "Hey, where's Braun?" or "This would be a spot where it would nice to have Ryan back."

Posted: August 10, 2021, 11:30 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
Pointless conversation but:

Even if roster were still 40 I doubt he would return. No way Braun would come back for 15 PAs and then get left off the postseason roster. What would even be the point for him? So unless he was promised a 26 man spot he would most certainly stay home.

Well presumably the points would be:

1) The final send-off, and

2) Possibly play his way onto the postseason roster if he's hitting well, since postseason rosters are a little different than regular season 26 man rosters situationally.

But as you say, probably a moot point.

Posted: August 11, 2021, 7:36 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
adambr2 said:
Maybe if September rosters were still at 40 they could make room in September and see what happens. With only 28 now, I just can't see it.

At 40 i think it 100% would make sense. Even giving him 10-15 PH appearances in September along with his clubhouse presence would be worth it. But with only 2 extra guys coming up it's not smart. I 100% want 2 pitchers in September to help manage the workload for the big 3 which gives us a 13 position/15 pitcher split. Give me Ashby and Lindblom, both guys currently starting so can provide plenty of innings.

Lindblom?

Lindblom?

Lindblom?

Am I seeing that correctly?

Hard pass on that guy, I've seen enogh...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: August 11, 2021, 7:37 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Am I the only one who hasn't really even noticed he wasn't on the team this year? There hasn't been one time where I thought "Hey, where's Braun?" or "This would be a spot where it would nice to have Ryan back."

Sadly, that is exactly how I felt when Yelich was out...

Online  Re: Ryan Braun
Posted: August 31, 2021, 7:39 AM Post
I am starting to think this actually might not happen..

Posted: August 31, 2021, 7:52 AM Post
Next year!

Posted: August 31, 2021, 8:03 AM Post
OldHeidelberg said:
I am starting to think this actually might not happen..

Yeah, it's not and probably never really was. Given that he hasn't played baseball all year and wouldn't be a sure thing, I don't think we could spare the roster space if we wanted to.

Posted: August 31, 2021, 10:42 AM Post
I'm sad as a fan, that he didn't get a proper send-off.

Posted: August 31, 2021, 12:09 PM Post
We certainly could have used his bat against lefties and in retrospect with Yelich missing time and Hiura's collapse at the plate there were plenty of starts for him. But I think the Brewers weren't going to spend a few million on a player that needs so much rest and Braun wasn't playing for league minimum. And considering how well the season has gone tough to argue he would have made it much better, maybe having an .800 OPS Braun well rested for the playoffs would be nice but that would be far from a sure thing.

He played his whole career with the Brewers which is pretty cool, they will find the right time to honor him next year.

Posted: August 31, 2021, 1:01 PM Post
I think if Tyrone Taylor didn't become a thing this year, we might've seen a push for Braun. Taylor basically came on the scene and has provided what Braun would've with better defense.

Posted: August 31, 2021, 9:30 PM Post
If Axford can be added in 2021, so can Braun….. that one allows the nevers to happen.

Posted: September 01, 2021, 5:17 AM Post
Global Moderator
Ashford had been pitching in the minor leagues, and was game ready. Braun has been at most, swinging at a ball on a tee and doing CrossFit

Even after pitching in AAA, we can see that throwing ax Orson's a great idea. Getting braun up to game speed at this point and probably doesn't have a lot of utility

Posted: September 08, 2021, 9:59 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I'd love to see Braun throw out the first pitch in the NLDS. A nice, slow lollipop toss.

Posted: September 14, 2021, 8:22 AM Post
Can he take an awkward route to the mound before throwing his lollipop?

Posted: September 14, 2021, 10:06 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Aaannnd the Braun saga comes to an end. Locking.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 157 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply