LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 4 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brandon Lowe

Offline  Brandon Lowe

Posted: April 01, 2021, 8:07 PM Post
Forgive me if this was previously posted but draysbay.com on SBNation has a TB to MKE proposal (titled: Four Brandon Lowe trades that could make sense for the Rays)

BLowe to MKE for
Urias, Feliciano, and Devin Williams.

I think that it is the BP trade analyzer that has it as Brewers getting 81.3 value and TB getting 59.0 value.

Do they not understand control, winning now, upcoming ending contracts, or how Devin has started to ascend??
What would be a more reasonable value that I could send back to my TBR friends?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brandon Lowe

Posted: April 01, 2021, 8:22 PM Post
Why are the Rays looking to trade him? They just signed Lowe to a pretty team friendly deal so unless they are getting a great return it makes zero sense for them to trade him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 02, 2021, 8:10 AM Post
Yeah, it doesn't seem like the Rays would be looking to trade Lowe right now. They probably will when he has a year or two left and is still only making $10.5-11.5M per, but not now when they have him under control for 6 more years.

On the other side, this is the unfortunate thing about our biggest trade assets being relievers, you're just never going to get the value for them you think you should get (unless you're the Yankees and you have a time machine). Also, as good as he's been, Williams still only has 40 IP in the big leagues so far. If he continues to show he's elite, his trade value could sky rocket in a year. Similarly, if Urias breaks out this year, his value could increase tremendously. But as of now, even though all three players have potential, that's a reliever with 40 MLB IP, an infielder who hasn't hit much in the majors yet, and a prospect. I'd love to acquire Lowe, but those guys have way too much potential and not nearly enough value yet to part with.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 02, 2021, 8:16 AM Post
It's an old article and probably wouldn't make a lot of sense for the Brewers right now with Wong here and four outfielders already getting paid a bunch. If this was offered back in November I would probably take it.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 4 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply