LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next  [ 934 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Prospective trade deadline targets?

Offline  Re: Prospective trade deadline targets?
Posted: July 29, 2021, 3:44 PM Post
NO to Hosmer, we have Rowdy, I'd rather give the at bats to Rowdy that take on Hosmer's salary.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 29, 2021, 4:03 PM Post
I'm still trying to figure out why anybody would even want Hosmer. And that includes the Padres 4 years ago. His fWAR is basically zero since he went to SD. He isn't a very good defender either.

And you can get all of that for only $60+ million.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 29, 2021, 4:23 PM Post
Ender Inciarte was released by the Braves so he’s freely available if the Brewers really wanted him.

https://twitter.com/braves/status/14208 ... 05697?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 29, 2021, 10:35 PM Post
Pretty amazing I feel great about the Brewers and would maybe only consider a RP. I don't see a point in SPs when you have 6 capable to share the load. You have your 2 RPs to end games. I suppose the RP you pickup replaces Sanchez/Topa future. Cousins has yet to give up a run and the Ks are piling up out there. Tellez has already been a boon for 1b. Whatever trade Id make for a non-pitcher would have to be removing JBJ for maybe a speedy PH making more than he should. Swapping contracts. It'll be interesting how well Escobar fits in the lineup. But feeling a mix of #5 or 4 between Garcia and Narvaez. Probably ahead of Garcia and behind Narvaez.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 12:40 AM Post
Since everybody and their brother is leaving DC, why not Joe Ross (2021 WAR--1.1 with 1.191 WHIP and 9.3 SO/9)?

He is sporting a .624OPS in away games. He will be more expensive and the current market may seem pricy given what LA gave up but it is a thought.

I honestly feel that at this point, a starter and Houser to the 'pen, would be good enough for a team that has DevWill back now, Topa readying himself, and Sanchez, Gustave, and Cousins ready to shuttle up and down. Sure a lefty would be ideal...why not start here?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 5:35 AM Post
ebmackenzie said:
Since everybody and their brother is leaving DC, why not Joe Ross (2021 WAR--1.1 with 1.191 WHIP and 9.3 SO/9)?

He is sporting a .624OPS in away games. He will be more expensive and the current market may seem pricy given what LA gave up but it is a thought.

I honestly feel that at this point, a starter and Houser to the 'pen, would be good enough for a team that has DevWill back now, Topa readying himself, and Sanchez, Gustave, and Cousins ready to shuttle up and down. Sure a lefty would be ideal...why not start here?

What about Josh Harrison from the Nats? .296/.366/.434. Would give the Brewers more of those redundancies they love as he has played all the positions but catcher in the major league, and hits LHP better than right handed. Free agent to be.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 5:42 AM Post
Iglesias and TWatson from LAA could be had if LAA thought they could not jump the others for a wildcard spot. As nice as that would be, I still hope for a quality starter.
From ESPN:

Note that five of the past eight World Series winners made a significant addition to their rotation at the trade deadline:

2018 Red Sox: Nathan Eovaldi
2017 Astros: Justin Verlander
2015 Royals: Johnny Cueto
2014 Giants: Jake Peavy
2013 Red Sox: Jake Peavy

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 6:50 AM Post
I had a dream this morning that the Brewers traded Cain, Mitchell, Turang, and Ashby for Mike Trout.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 7:01 AM Post
It’d be interesting to see what Tyrone Taylor is worth to some teams. Sell high maybe?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 7:03 AM Post
Happy deadline day!

I will be extremely disappointed if the Brewers stand pat and don't make any additional moves. Very difficult to watch the Dodgers and Padres get exponentially better while the Brewers make a marginal trade. I understand the economics of baseball stacks the odds in favor of the Dodgers/Padres but if there was ever a year for the Brewers to empty their farm system for some big name additions this is it, IMO.

Last edited by BadgerFan on July 30, 2021, 7:05 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 7:04 AM Post
brewtank34 said:
I had a dream this morning that the Brewers traded Cain, Mitchell, Turang, and Ashby for Mike Trout.

No way am I giving up Mitchell and Turang! We need to keep our farm system stocked! [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 7:08 AM Post
BadgerFan said:
Happy deadline day!

I will be extremely disappointed if the Brewers stand pat and don't make any additional moves. Very difficult to watch the Dodgers and Padres get exponentially better while the Brewers make a marginal trade. I understand the economics of baseball stacks the odds in their favor but if there was ever a year for the Brewers to empty their farm system for some big name additions this is it, IMO.

Who are you benching for those "big names", though? Escobar is already going to cut into Urias's playing time. You benching Tellez after the week he's had? Taylor? Yelich when he comes back? Sometimes the grass isn't always greener.

I could perhaps see a move for one of the bigger name starting pitchers, but even that has a hint of redundancy with how Houser, Lauer and Anderson hae pitched on top of our big 3. The team could use a pen arm, but other than that, I'm just not sure where they can go to get a major improvement through "emptying their farm system".

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 7:19 AM Post
Yeah I agree. Our offense is set. I don't see a big trade there. Adames, Tellez and Escobar were all pretty much our "trade deadline" deals. They were just spread out over the course of two months or so. In the small chance we do make a blockbuster deal, it will be for a starting pitcher like Berrios.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 7:27 AM Post
Global Moderator
Yeah. I’m expecting a reliever or two, but if there’s somehow a big deal today, it seems like it would be for a SP.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 7:45 AM Post
wibadgers23 said:
Yeah I agree. Our offense is set. I don't see a big trade there. Adames, Tellez and Escobar were all pretty much our "trade deadline" deals. They were just spread out over the course of two months or so. In the small chance we do make a blockbuster deal, it will be for a starting pitcher like Berrios.

Agreed, they're pretty much full on offense when Yelich, Voglebach and Jace are back.

My prediction is also a couple relievers:

I'll go with Paul Fry and Kennedy as adds. Though Stearns might fool me and pull something big off.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 8:14 AM Post
"they're pretty much full on offense when Yelich, Vogelbach and Jace are back"

I don't see where there's room for both Vogelbach and Jace. They aren't sending down a red hot Taylor so they can keep both those guys. They coould use Vogelbach in a deal for a reliever. That he started his rehab last night is probably not a coincidence.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 8:16 AM Post
Global Moderator
I do wonder if we’ll see some minor deals to move a guy like Vogelbach out today. If nothing else, it would be great to get even a lottery ticket for Shaw.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 8:30 AM Post
I had the same thought. I really do not see a spot for Shaw on the team. Time to trade him and maybe Vogey an some of the upcoming rule 5 guys for something - if they can.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 8:38 AM Post
Totally fine with moving on from Shaw. Don’t really see a spot for him on this team this anymore.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2021, 8:42 AM Post
Figure out what the Cubs want for both Kimbrel and Bryant and get it done.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next  [ 934 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply