LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

valuable trade chips

Offline  valuable trade chips

Posted: July 27, 2021, 10:44 PM Post
Just trying to think of what we could piece together for trades. I'd hate to trade Taylor, but I also see him as blocked for playing time in the short-term and being chased by Mitchell and Frelick in the long-run. I'd hate to part with our lefty pitching depth, but Ashby could be the basis of the return for a strong player.

For big trade only:
Turang
Ashby
Taylor
Hiura
Lauer
Houser
Feliciano
Gray

Smaller trade:
File
Torres-Costa

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: valuable trade chips

Posted: July 28, 2021, 5:40 AM Post
DHonks said:
Just trying to think of what we could piece together for trades. I'd hate to trade Taylor, but I also see him as blocked for playing time in the short-term and being chased by Mitchell and Frelick in the long-run. I'd hate to part with our lefty pitching depth, but Ashby could be the basis of the return for a strong player.

For big trade only:
Turang
Ashby
Taylor
Hiura
Lauer
Houser
Feliciano
Gray

Smaller trade:
File
Torres-Costa

It seems this list is fairly subjective. Take Hiura for example, he’s been one of the worst hitters in MLB this year, and a complete flop overall since his rookie season. With legitimate questions if he can hit major league pitching he’s not going to have much value.

Joe Gray is in High A, he’s years away from the major leagues which will limit his value.

Torres-Costa is going to be 27 years old and a few months from being a 6 year minor league free agent. I suppose he could be a throw in and get a cup of coffee in the major leagues this year, but his value is nil.

After having no starting pitching depth for over a generation I don’t think the front office would be keen to dismantle it to plug other holes on the roster. If the Brewers could get Josh Donaldson and have Minnesota pick up significant cash, then it might be worth considering moving one of Lauer or Houser, but even then it doesn’t make a ton of sense for Minnesota

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 28, 2021, 6:07 AM Post
Global Moderator
This might not be exact spirit of the question, but some of the most likely to get moved are prospects that currently have Rule 5 eligibility:

Payton Henry
Antonio Pinero
Thomas Jankins
Zack Brown
Gabriel Garcia
Lucas Erceg
Braden Webb
Pablo Abreu

In addition to those Rule 5 eligible players, I believe these players will also be Rule 5 eligible if not added to the 40-man roster this offseason (feel free to correct me if any of these are incorrect):

Reese Olson
Tristen Lutz
Korry Howell
Noah Zavolas
Carlos Rodriguez
Je’Von Ward
Max Lazar
Victor Castaneda
Caden Lemons (Injured)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 28, 2021, 6:16 AM Post
Mitchell is the only guy I would probably not trade under just about an circumstance. The rest, all depends on the player we are getting. Of course, what is a big trade? And does the list change based on a big rental trade or a big controllable player trade?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 28, 2021, 9:46 AM Post
You guys did great with my vague late night post. My thought was—after reading the Turang thread— to think about what it would take to part with him. I also wanted to think about our other highly marketable assets. Too often our fans will say we gave up on someone when in actuality we traded a valuable asset that other teams desired. I don’t want to trade Mitchell or Small. I’d rather not trade Turang (lefty bat, OBP skills, defense, premium position). I wonder if teams are as interested in Taylor as I am right now. He plays good defense, hustles, and seems to spray hard hit balls all over the field without excessive launch angle. I would think a rebuilding club would salivate over him. With Lauer, he’s a lefty with decent velocity but no premier outpitch. He could be a valuable trade chip as well.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: valuable trade chips

Posted: July 28, 2021, 11:32 AM Post
Just my opinion but I think our MiLB pitching depth is pretty awful past Ashby/Small. So I don’t want to trade pitchers in general. We have a lot of position players though who could be traded. Either Turang headlining a bigger trade or some combination of top 20 guys for lesser trades probably to bolster bullpen.

There are a few players on the market who I would give anyone for though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 28, 2021, 12:40 PM Post
I agree rather trade positions players than pitching especially our two young studs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 28, 2021, 8:02 PM Post
You forgot to list Cooper Hummel!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2021, 4:50 PM Post
Not much value, but it likely makes sense to consider Vogelbach to be a trade candidate.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2021, 8:22 AM Post
NYChez said:
Not much value, but it likely makes sense to consider Vogelbach to be a trade candidate.

Vogelbach has 3 more years of control. I could see the Rangers having interest as part of a deal for Ian Kennedy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2021, 8:26 AM Post
He may have control, but he is into arbitration now. Not sure Vogelbach is really worth anything.

If you want to spend a few million on some fringe MLB player the world is full of them.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2021, 1:38 PM Post
Less than 30 minutes left, and prices are looking absolutely bonkers. What if San Diego calls and whips out the carte blanche for Hader? I mean, you can’t deal Hader now under any circumstances if you’re Stearns, but with the going rate for relievers today…

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals and Cubs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2021, 1:41 PM Post
Harvey'sWBs said:
Less than 30 minutes left, and prices are looking absolutely bonkers. What if San Diego calls and whips out the carte blanche for Hader? I mean, you can’t deal Hader now under any circumstances if you’re Stearns, but with the going rate for relievers today…

That would be amazing. I would be open to it. As long as there is another couple trades on the horizon as a domino effect to bring in quality bullpen arms, I would do it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 31, 2021, 7:17 PM Post
ClosetBrewerFan said:
You forgot to list Cooper Hummel!

As it turns out...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 13, 2021, 12:28 PM Post
Brew4U mentioned in the major league forum that he wished the Brewers had Escobar on a Wong type deal. I do wonder if the Brewers would consider trading Wong in order to relieve some salary to use at 3B for Escobar or somebody else and playing Urias at 2b which is probably his best position and where he is most valuable. With the way Urias is playing he also has significant trade value at this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 15, 2021, 9:36 AM Post
I really don't have any interest in trading Wong. Everyone is available for the right price but he is just a great fit for this team in everything he does, and he's controlled for 2 more years at a reasonable cost.

We finally have a solidified infield for the next couple years and after watching us trot out guys like Arcia and Shaw and Robertson for the longest time it's certainly welcome. It would take one of those offers you just can't refuse to move either of Wong or Urias.

I've accepted that Escobar probably won't be back, but if we can keep him, great. Keep them all. As we saw in April and May your depth can go south in a hurry, they'll find ABs for all of them.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 15, 2021, 12:52 PM Post
Outlander said:
Brew4U mentioned in the major league forum that he wished the Brewers had Escobar on a Wong type deal. I do wonder if the Brewers would consider trading Wong in order to relieve some salary to use at 3B for Escobar or somebody else and playing Urias at 2b which is probably his best position and where he is most valuable. With the way Urias is playing he also has significant trade value at this point.

Wong is one of the most valuable players in baseball at his contract. Why on earth would we trade him. Escobar is a nice piece but you don’t trade away a better player that’s controllable for a lesser player.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 15, 2021, 12:55 PM Post
titletownking said:
Outlander said:

Wong is one of the most valuable players in baseball at his contract.

Look, I'm all about keeping Wong but why do we have to say things that are obviously total embellishments to make our points?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 15, 2021, 1:12 PM Post
adambr2 said:
titletownking said:
Outlander said:

Wong is one of the most valuable players in baseball at his contract.

Look, I'm all about keeping Wong but why do we have to say things that are obviously total embellishments to make our points?

What is the embellishment? Find a better 2nd baseman anywhere near his contract. Tremendous glove, hitting for good pop and average. I just don’t understand what you’d be accomplishing here. This team won a lot of games with Wong as the 2nd baseman in the lead off hole and it will be fine without Escobar.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 15, 2021, 1:21 PM Post
Lol what? Albies? Semien? India? (Albies' contract alone blows Wong out of the water as far as best 2B values go)

And you didn't say one of the best 2B at his contract, you said "one of the most valuable players in baseball at his contract",which yes, is a total embellishment.

More valuable players for their contract just on Wong's own team: Adames, Urias, Narvaez, Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta

Again I'm not suggesting we trade Wong. I wouldn't either. Just challenging your statement on him.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply