LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

valuable trade chips

Offline  Re: valuable trade chips

Posted: August 15, 2021, 1:48 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Lol what? Albies? Semien? India? (Albies' contract alone blows Wong out of the water as far as best 2B values go)

And you didn't say one of the best 2B at his contract, you said "one of the most valuable players in baseball at his contract",which yes, is a total embellishment.

More valuable players for their contract just on Wong's own team: Adames, Urias, Narvaez, Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta

Again I'm not suggesting we trade Wong. I wouldn't either. Just challenging your statement on him.

I meant 2nd base and that doesn’t dispute the facts. he’s been extremely productive at the lead off spot giving you gold glove defense. Making less than 10 million per year. Which is something Semien sure isn’t doing. Yes I’d love Semien but he hardly fits into our payroll making almost 20 million. Albies signed an extension and is actually a very comparable player to Wong. Both with wRC+ around 115 and Wong has the superior glove. India is a rookie performing well, but not too long so was Hiura. Guys will adjust to him. My point, your the only person I’ve seen suggest trading Wong or saying the team should think about. Whatever round about way you suggested it. It makes zero sense.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: valuable trade chips

Posted: August 15, 2021, 2:04 PM Post
titletownking said:
adambr2 said:
Lol what? Albies? Semien? India? (Albies' contract alone blows Wong out of the water as far as best 2B values go)

And you didn't say one of the best 2B at his contract, you said "one of the most valuable players in baseball at his contract",which yes, is a total embellishment.

More valuable players for their contract just on Wong's own team: Adames, Urias, Narvaez, Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta

Again I'm not suggesting we trade Wong. I wouldn't either. Just challenging your statement on him.

My point, your the only person I’ve seen suggest trading Wong or saying the team should think about. Whatever round about way you suggested it. It makes zero sense.

Its hard to take your point seriously when you quite obviously haven't really been reading my responses very thoroughly or you are just completely strawmanning your way through this conversation. How many more different ways can I say "I don't want to trade Kolten Wong at all, I just disagree that he's one of the most valuable players for the money in baseball."?

Literal word for word quotes from me in this thread:

"I really don't have any interest in trading Wong"

"He is just a great fit for this team"

"I'm all about keeping Wong"

"I'm not suggesting we trade Wong"

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: valuable trade chips

Posted: August 15, 2021, 2:21 PM Post
adambr2 said:
titletownking said:
adambr2 said:

My point, your the only person I’ve seen suggest trading Wong or saying the team should think about. Whatever round about way you suggested it. It makes zero sense.

Its hard to take your point seriously when you quite obviously haven't really been reading my responses very thoroughly or you are just completely strawmanning your way through this conversation. How many more different ways can I say "I don't want to trade Kolten Wong at all, I just disagree that he's one of the most valuable players for the money in baseball."?

Literal word for word quotes from me in this thread:

"I really don't have any interest in trading Wong"

"He is just a great fit for this team"

"I'm all about keeping Wong"

"I'm not suggesting we trade Wong"

I actually mixed up your original post and outlanders so my apologies for that. Again, I’ve stated multiple times I meant 2nd base and you continue to hammer that best value in baseball rhetoric. Strictly for 2nd baseman, he’s among the best value in baseball. Again, apologies for the original post mixup. Usually on my laptop but on the mobile today and aging eyes combined with smaller screen….

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: valuable trade chips

Posted: August 15, 2021, 2:26 PM Post
That's fine. If you misspoke you misspoke. If you are saying he's one of the most valuable 2B for the money that's an entirely different argument and not one that I would take exception to. I continued to reply because you questioned numerous times why I would want to trade Wong when I clearly didn't.

Wong is great. I'm glad we have him. The 3rd year option is nice too. I want him back. I want Escobar back too, if possible.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply