LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Trading a pitcher

Offline  Re: Trading a pitcher

Posted: October 13, 2021, 12:15 PM Post
PlayerHader said:
Curious what names in particular from that list of teams (Mets, Sox x2, Yanks, Phils) catch your eye. Phillies were a team I thought about, but I wasn't sure which pre-arb/arb bats they had that made sense.

For the Phillies I think you start with Bohm and you would need at least one or two more after him. Bohm probably should be a 1B and if you stick him there I think you get enough offensive output there.

For the Mets if you can steal Alonso that is where I would start otherwise there is not much there.

For the Yankees it wouldn't be someone that helps now as I would target Dominguez.

The Red Sox something like Duran, Dalbec and another piece should be good.

The White Sox I think you try and steal Vaughn if possible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 12:37 PM Post
nate82 said:
For the Mets if you can steal Alonso that is where I would start otherwise there is not much there.

God I would hate rooting for that tool...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 3:55 PM Post
nate82 said:
PlayerHader said:
Curious what names in particular from that list of teams (Mets, Sox x2, Yanks, Phils) catch your eye. Phillies were a team I thought about, but I wasn't sure which pre-arb/arb bats they had that made sense.

For the Phillies I think you start with Bohm and you would need at least one or two more after him. Bohm probably should be a 1B and if you stick him there I think you get enough offensive output there.

For the Yankees it wouldn't be someone that helps now as I would target Dominguez.

The Red Sox something like Duran, Dalbec and another piece should be good.

The White Sox I think you try and steal Vaughn if possible.

The only player mentioned that could help the Brewers in their small window of opportunity is Alonso. I doubt the Mets would let him go. Dalbec sucks with his 35% whiff rate and the rest have too much to prove or are too far away to be of any help.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Trading a pitcher

Posted: October 13, 2021, 5:10 PM Post
I think Yoan Moncada might be available from the White Sox. They have Jake Burger in the wings and some questions in their rotation. Moncada wasn't bad this year but far from the dynamic player he was in 2019 and he's owed close to 60 million the next 3 years.

Speaking of Vaughn, he'd be a nice get. So would Gavin Sheets if you could also get Burger.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 5:35 PM Post
Looking at some of these trade options , my question is are we trading to get better and to win a WS? If that's the case I'm certainly not trading anybody to a NL contender. Keep all our pitchers and spend some cash on a free agent or two . Preferably on guys with career ave over .275 and can give professional at bat

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 6:34 PM Post
I'd be looking to trade Hader now. After 2022 I'd be looking to trade one of Burnes or Woodruff, whoever brought back the better return. And then after 2023, I'd trade the other one. I'd pretty much have to be blown away to trade either Burnes or Woodruff at this time. I'm willing to roll the dice with a Hader-less bullpen, taking the ~10 million dollars saved from dealing him and then adding some more dollars in...try to get a couple good bats to help the offense and then try to win it with Burnes/Woodruff/Peralta plus an offense that wouldn't necessarily be great but would hopefully be a little more consistent.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 7:32 PM Post
I would have been all for a Hader trade but after the Williams incident and Adames trade I don’t see how it’s possible. Either trade a SP or Williams I guess.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply