LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  [ 366 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

job-seeker contacts/advice

Offline  Re: job-seeker contacts/advice
Posted: December 07, 2019, 7:53 AM Post
Just interviewed to work at a different park. Professionally, everything is there: Good working atmosphere, chance to learn the Boss' role to take that job in a few years, more relaxed pace, get along with the boss really well, all that stuff. But toured the Ranger residence and wow that house is SMALL. Not sure the square footage, but my current one is about three times as big. My last one-bedroom apartment was about the same size--it's basically a tiny dining area and a living room the size of a not-master bedroom, with three small bedrooms attached.

Initially I didn't have a single hesitation about taking the job. Suddenly the house is a big one, though probably I wouldn't be living in it much more than 2-4 years until a promotion (more $) at a different park or becoming the boss at that one (more $ plus I could swap houses) opens up.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: job-seeker contacts/advice
Posted: December 08, 2019, 2:02 PM Post
GAME05 said:
Just interviewed to work at a different park. Professionally, everything is there: Good working atmosphere, chance to learn the Boss' role to take that job in a few years, more relaxed pace, get along with the boss really well, all that stuff. But toured the Ranger residence and wow that house is SMALL. Not sure the square footage, but my current one is about three times as big. My last one-bedroom apartment was about the same size--it's basically a tiny dining area and a living room the size of a not-master bedroom, with three small bedrooms attached.

Initially I didn't have a single hesitation about taking the job. Suddenly the house is a big one, though probably I wouldn't be living in it much more than 2-4 years until a promotion (more $) at a different park or becoming the boss at that one (more $ plus I could swap houses) opens up.

Assuming you don't have kids or a significant other then I would take the smaller house with the job that has better possibility of advancement but that is me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 11, 2019, 4:06 PM Post
Thanks. My big boss found out I interviewed today and apparently thought it would be a good move.

I suppose the only reason I'd hesitated is that I was hoping my next park could be something of a retirement park, where I could stay where I was should I decide not to become a Superintendent, and the size of the house isn't one I'd want to stay at another 15 years. But I suppose most likely is I'd get bored and want to move somewhere else in time, either way.

At this point I'll take the job if I'm offered it. I don't totally know if I want to be a Superintendent yet, but at the least I'd like to put myself in position to get that promotion should I eventually decide that's what I want to do. Tiny house, yeah, but it's looking like a 2-4 year stint there, which isn't any crazy amount of time. And yeah, no wife or kids, so I'm sure I can manage.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 26, 2020, 10:23 AM Post
Movers come tomorrow. It seems like once you start pulling everything out of the cabinets, that's when the mice and roaches start coming out. Stupid cats just stared at the mouse. Still a lot of loose junk, but I'll have to come back and clean, anyway, and I can grab it with my 5' truck.

Got a surprise new boss, but I hear she'll be good. Also retires in about a year.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: job-seeker contacts/advice
Posted: February 26, 2020, 9:22 PM Post
GAME05 said:
Movers come tomorrow. It seems like once you start pulling everything out of the cabinets, that's when the mice and roaches start coming out. Stupid cats just stared at the mouse. Still a lot of loose junk, but I'll have to come back and clean, anyway, and I can grab it with my 5' truck.

Got a surprise new boss, but I hear she'll be good. Also retires in about a year.

Cats are the spawn of the devil!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2020, 7:56 AM Post
Cats are currently locked in an empty room with food and water and a toilet. They HATE their cage and it requires leather gloves and long sleeves to get them in there with a lot of fighting. When people come they hide and even I can't find them. Hence the empty room.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  [ 366 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply