LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 44 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Fantasy Camp

Offline  Brewers Fantasy Camp

Posted: December 03, 2011, 1:38 AM Post
Has anyone gone to or is anyone going to Brewers Fantasy Camp? I am trying to get a headstart on what baseball related gear to bring. I figured that I should buy some stuff for me while out doing some holiday shopping. Any advice?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Brewers Fantasy Camp

Posted: December 05, 2011, 5:51 AM Post
Hey cbus

I went last year and it was a total BLAST! The coaches were great, the other campers were really fun and just being out there playing baseball was awesome. How often do you get to hang out for a week with a bunch of people that love baseball and the Brewers that much at our age?!? I'm planning on returning next year for sure.

As far as stuff to bring, they do cover most of the things and there is daily laundry service for the baseball clothes (they'll have sharpies to put your locker number on your clothes and it will be hanging up the next day when you arrive). What i would suggest are:

1) Baseball sliders. They give you a pair of stretchy undergarments, but the sliders give you a little more padding.
2) Glove - obviously
3) Cleats - I would highly suggest getting these broken in before you get there...the shoes and your feet. You'll be on your feet in these a good 8 hours a day.
4) Sunglasses - The angle on the sun on a few of the fields is brutal. Especially in the outfield.
5) Undershirts - They give you a couple, but I might bring one long sleeve warmer one. The ones they gave were the dry fit types. We ran into some really cold weather on a couple days.
6) Jock and supporter - don't be a hero here...if you are playing anywhere besides outfield, you are going to want one. You just never know where that ball is going after all these years.
7) Shower shoes - not mandatory, but I like them for the locker room.
8) Pads or braces depending on your body. I wore some knee pads for my bum knees.
9) Money - If you forget or want anything, just bring some cash and the clubbies will get it for you at a reasonable price. When it got freezing cold last year, a bunch of us bought those warm winter Brewer jackets that were life savers.

The other items are optional...some guys bring their own bats, but they have plenty. You get a hat, uni (home and away tops), batting gloves, a few undergarments, socks, belt, a smaller bag for clothes (not big enough if you bring a bat, but fine otherwise) and they have helmets.

I got everything on eastbay. Sometimes the stock at the local stores is limited.

Have a great time...ping me if you have any other questions.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Brewers Fantasy Camp (Is anyone going???)

Posted: January 18, 2012, 4:07 AM Post
A little less than 2 weeks away. Now that winter has officially shown its ugly face, the timing could not be better to show off my inferior baseball prowess.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brewers Fantasy Camp

Posted: December 03, 2012, 7:12 PM Post
Anyone going in 2013?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 26, 2013, 7:21 AM Post
Any one in 2014? They will be providing everyone with the Gold colored jerseys this time around.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2014, 10:35 AM Post
Anyone in 2015. I really want to do this soon.

For anybody that has been, I live in Utah and really need nothing to do with their stock flight arrangements from Milwaukee. Does anybody know if the cost will be reduced if the flight is not needed?

For anybody that has been...what hotel do they use?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2014, 10:58 PM Post
Global Moderator
I have asked in the past about flights since I live in Arizona . They do not give you any special sort of deal. In fact I asked if they would pay for my flight back to Milwaukee in the summer instead ( for the reunion) and they said no.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2014, 10:00 AM Post
Does the MVP get a Spring Training Invite to be in the mix at 1B?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2014, 11:20 AM Post
Point Beer Is Best said:
Does the MVP get a Spring Training Invite to be in the mix at 1B?

I'm pretty sure that's how Lyle got his Spring Training invite.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2014, 11:51 AM Post
How much does it cost to do this? Sounds awesome!!!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2014, 7:27 PM Post
$4,100

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 14, 2014, 8:23 PM Post
Highly jealous of you guys who have gone or are going this next spring. One of these years this is coming off the bucket list.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2014, 7:56 AM Post
I'm waiting for Sveum to do the next Brewers fantasy camp. I'd love to be sitting in the bar listening to the story of Yount hitting him in the ear on their hunting trip.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 04, 2016, 1:32 PM Post
Anyone headed to AZ for Brewers Camp in 2016? Just a few short weeks away!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2016, 7:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm waiting until Russell Branyan and/or Ben Sheets will be there. Would love for Russ to hit a moonshot off of me & would get a real kick out of striking out Sheeter, assuming he wasn't too afraid to get in the box of course.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2016, 12:22 PM Post
Ben Sheets is one former player that myself and other campers continue to ask for as a coach participant. That would be a great get.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2016, 11:52 AM Post
Sheets is pretty busy coaching his son's travel team. Seaver Sheets is 13 years old and one of the best pitchers in the country for his age. Just a pure guess but once Seaver grows up, there'll be a better chance of Ben attending Fantasy Camp.

A buddy of mine has gone many times and loved it

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2016, 7:59 PM Post
This will be my first year attending - starting to get equally nervous and excited. Not really sure what to expect, but here is my "to do list" while I am out there.

1. Not get injured
2. Get at least one hit a day
3. Execute one head first slide

Hopefully I am not the worst one out there. If so, I apologize ahead of time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 10, 2016, 6:34 AM Post
You will have a blast. There is a very wide arrange of talent. This will be my 4th Fantasy Camp and each one has been special for different reasons. Just stay healthy!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2016, 2:23 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
3and2Fastball said:
Sheets is pretty busy coaching his son's travel team. Seaver Sheets is 13 years old and one of the best pitchers in the country for his age.

Aw, man, I remember when Ben Sheets' kids were born. [sad]

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 44 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply