LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 44 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Fantasy Camp

Offline  Re: Brewers Fantasy Camp

Posted: February 09, 2016, 6:08 AM Post
Well, did you accomplish your 3 goals? The line in the trainers room was getting pretty lengthy.

Hope you enjoyed the week.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 09, 2016, 7:28 AM Post
Also, were you mentioned at all in the articles that the Journal Sentinal was doing during fantasy camp?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 09, 2016, 5:06 PM Post
Outlander said:
Also, were you mentioned at all in the articles that the Journal Sentinal was doing during fantasy camp?

I played on the same team as Gary D'Amato (JS writer who did the daily chronicle) and luckily kept my name out of the newspaper. It's a great experience!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 10, 2016, 1:20 PM Post
I had an amazing time at my first fantasy camp and accomplished some of my goals to boot.

1. I did not get injured and avoided the training room, which quite honestly, was packed during the end of camp.

2. I got at least one hit everyday except one. A few days I had multiple hits, so my hit average was well over one per day.

3. I chickened out and did not do any head first slides. I was looking for the right chance/opportunity to do so, but it never presented itself.

I was not mentioned in any of the Journal Sentinel articles but did talk to Gary D'Amato everyday.

In addition, I swung at the first pitch once (just because I could) and also cracked a bat.

If anybody is considering doing this, by all means go for it. I was skeptical at first but the week flies by. Lots of great guys and great memories. I look forward to going back in the near future.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 10, 2016, 1:04 PM Post
That's great guys! Thanks for sharing your stories!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 29, 2016, 8:56 AM Post
Anyone headed to AZ for Fantasy Camp 2017?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 16, 2018, 8:19 AM Post
Anyone headed down to AZ later this week for Fantasy Camp? Nice to see some new (younger) coaches this year with it being primarily made up of guys from the 2008 team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 16, 2018, 8:49 PM Post
I'd love to do it, but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on myself when I can take the whole family to Disney for a week.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 16, 2018, 11:24 PM Post
I really hope to do this someday if I can rationalize such a steep price. It’s definitely worth the money for all the unforgettable memories. Especially this year with some many more recent Brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2018, 9:32 AM Post
Seeing pictures of Cory Hart with a gray beard and Prince at Fantasy Camp is nice but for some reason it is depressing. Maybe because I always thought they'd be the group that brought a trophy to Milwaukee or it makes me feel older. I don't know. Great to have them with the Brewers though, even just for this.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 28, 2018, 4:35 PM Post
They were a great addition this year (Corey was there last year too). With those guys, Jason Kendall, Bill Hall, Tim Dillard and Ben Sheets, it made for a fun week.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 20, 2019, 1:50 PM Post
Bringing this to the top.

Anyone here go to the camp in 2018? I will be at the 2020 camp and I am trying to make sure I am fully prepared.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 9:02 AM Post
This sounds amazing. Only way I could swing it though would be through a GoFundMe. Too many other upcoming expenses that are priorities.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 1:20 PM Post
I have done camp in 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018. It is going to be a bigger group in 2020 with the expanded facilities. It is a great time. The quality of baseball can be described as mediocre at best, but the whole experience is an absolute blast.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 1:42 PM Post
I realize I'm responding to a post that's like two years old, but I don't find this really hard to rationalize. It's personally not really my thing, but if you love actually playing that much, I can't imagine anything better than getting to do so in a real facility with a bunch of actual old players from your favorite team. For $4700 or whatever and everything that's included it sounds like an extremely reasonable deal, and it's better than late Jan/early Feb in Milwaukee. Sure it's expensive, but plausible for something that sounds like it could be a helluva lot of fun for the right person.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 2:38 PM Post
Just for fun I went and looked, and 2020 sold out in June.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 2:50 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
I realize I'm responding to a post that's like two years old, but I don't find this really hard to rationalize. It's personally not really my thing, but if you love actually playing that much, I can't imagine anything better than getting to do so in a real facility with a bunch of actual old players from your favorite team. For $4700 or whatever and everything that's included it sounds like an extremely reasonable deal, and it's better than late Jan/early Feb in Milwaukee. Sure it's expensive, but plausible for something that sounds like it could be a helluva lot of fun for the right person.

I mean once you take out all the airfare, travel, hotel, food, and memorabilia you aren't paying a ton for the "experience". They could easily up this cost considering the demand it gets and always sells out. It is nice they keep the price reasonable.

However being sticklers about the flights etc. is pretty lame. It would not be that hard to discount someone if they find their own airfare.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 2:55 PM Post
Global Moderator
I wonder how many people throw out their arms within three hours of the plane landing? That would be me for sure.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 21, 2019, 2:57 PM Post
If you want to book your own flight and hotel, you can do so and you get a break on the overall camp rate. Although it isnt to the full amount. There are always bad arms and legs by the end of Day 1 and the trainers rooms has a line out the door like black Friday on the last couple days of camp.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 26, 2019, 12:35 PM Post
I live in Phoenix, so I opted out of the airfare. Its not a huge credit, but its not terrible.

My biggest worry is hurting myself bad in the first day or two.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 44 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply