LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Creepy.

Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 30, 2007, 2:45 PM Post
My wife was cooking out on the deck last night & left the sliding door unlocked. Well sometime between 11pm last night & 6 am this morning someone came in , took her cell phone & purse. The good news is we are fine & most valuable stuff was left here its just creepy to think someone was in your house while you were sleeping.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Creepy.

Posted: May 30, 2007, 3:11 PM Post
glad that was all that happened. guess it'll be pretty hard to sleep the next few nights. do you have a motion light hooked up?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 30, 2007, 3:17 PM Post
That sucks for your wife, sorry to hear about that. People will walk off with anything not locked up (which is why I never live in ground floor apartments).

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 30, 2007, 3:47 PM Post
Wow, that is creepy. Glad to hear you're OK. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night I half expect to see a dark figure at the foot of the bed staring at my wife and I.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 30, 2007, 4:21 PM Post
About two years ago, we learned that someone down the street from us had left their garage door open a crack overnight, and someone broke in. We've been using our alarm system at night ever since. What happened to the days when you could leave your doors unlocked at night with no worries?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 30, 2007, 6:08 PM Post
I one time came home when I was 17 with my girlfriend. Went straight downstairs to my bedroom(keep your minds out of the gutter). Anyways, we heard something upstairs. I went up and noticed that our back door was open. I swore I had shut it. I went back and got my hockey stick, walked around and our front door which is locked about 10 ways, no exageration had 4 unlocked and the other 6 locked. I went into my sisters old bedroom and there was an old nasty sock in her bed and her sheets were messed up. Only my mom was home and was sleeping. To this day I am pretty sure a homeless person was just hanging out in my house. THAT was quite creepy, so I know what yer feeling.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 12:01 AM Post
While living in a ground floor apartment a few years ago, I caught a guy trying to use a slim jim to pop the lock on my deck door.

Tapping the Glock on the window tends to make your point. Never got hassled again.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 12:21 AM Post
Glad to hear you're ok.

Maybe Alderman McGee can help you track down the guy.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 12:22 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
What happened to the days when you could leave your doors unlocked at night with no worries?

I barely remember those days, and it's not like I live in an inner city.
With law enforcement in the family, I get constant reminders to keep doors (and windows) locked.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 12:34 AM Post
This is creepy....it's a complete sense of violation. You are fortunate the deviant/felon who entered your home didn't have higher aspirations in terms of his criminal makeup.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 2:31 AM Post
I know Madison has lots of problems with this in the summer months, but I always wondered how the crook went about doing this.

Do they just go door-to-door? You'd think someone (or their pet dogs) would hear them sooner than later.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 2:42 AM Post
I live in Brookfield, in a very safe neighborhood, but we still had an incident last November.

My wife parked her vehicle in our driveway next to our garage. On the right was a large hill with very thick brush that could not be navigated through quietly. On the left was a very sensitive motion detector light (which hits our bedroom window directly). One exterior wall away was our spastic dog ready to wreak havoc. The one night she left her purse in the car, someone managed to negotiate around the hill and light and select 3 credit cards to steal.

The next day, I got a call from someone asking if I had just spent 100 bucks at Walgreens. My first thought was... "jeez, how was my wife able to spend 100 bucks at friggin Walgreens before she got to work...." I said possibly. She then asked if we just spend 150 at pick'n'save and 200 at kmart. Okay, "no, shut the card down." The guy knew that he had dollar limits and had to spread out the purchases, but he didn't realize that he was running too quickly between the stores. Credit card company - 1, Vagabond loser - 0.

So, we figured that was that since we got our money back. I installed another motion light and we now lock our doors without fail.

Good news was, about 2 weeks later we got a call from the Brookfield police. They had a guy in possession of all our cards and he had hundreds of others. Turns out he was able to break into many houses in our neighborhood as well.

Very creepy, you can never be too careful.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 3:19 AM Post
Hey, my folks live in Whitefish freaking Bay, and they and a neighbor got broken into last week.

It just shows, no matter where you live, stuff can happen. Especially if you leave things unlocked. Haven't you ever seen the footlocker scene from Full Metal Jacket? Lock your stuff up, or R Lee Ermey will make you do pushups while eating a twinkie.

Protect yourself, because nobody else is going to do it for you.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 3:39 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Do they just go door-to-door? You'd think someone (or their pet dogs) would hear them sooner than later.

They probably do just that. Student neighborhoods are astonishingly easy pickings. Also, apartment complexes which either lack security doors or lack security doors with, well, real "security."
And not everyone has a dog.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 3:40 AM Post
I live in the Town of Lisbon in between Merton and Sussex. There kids who go around the neighborhood who go into unlocked cars at night a steal stuff.

Also a house down the road from me got broken into in the late afternoon/early evening hours one night. It was an older couple and they were out of town. One of my neighbors was taking care of the house, so he went in the morning to check on the house, and then he went back in the evening to get the mail and water the plants. Someone had broken in between that time. The house is on a busy road as well.

Last year we had someone throw a landscaping brick through my parents front bay window.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 3:59 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Here's a really egregious case from Madison earlier this year.

Link

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 4:04 AM Post
Perhaps I shouldn't be quite so frustrated when our labradoodle starts barking.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 4:05 AM Post
I definitely understand how it happens in student housing and apartments. Lots of different residents and lots of visitors to the point you can lose track of who's who.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 8:02 AM Post
About six months ago some guy impersonating a utilities worker came up to her house and tried to talk his way into the door. Her dog went crazy and the guy left. My mother called the utility company and they said they didn't have anybody scheduled to go to her house. So...that was pretty creepy.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Creepy.

Posted: May 31, 2007, 8:12 AM Post
Glad to hear that you are ok Bando...

Quote:
Tapping the Glock on the window tends to make your point. Never got hassled again.

I had a similar experience while living in La Crosse. A guy in a ski mask was trying to break in to my back door (I happened to see this while up in the middle of the night taking care of nature). It was hunting season so my 12 gauge was sitting by the front door. I loaded the gun, walked to the back of the house and slid the action on the gun. The guy froze, put his hands up and we chatted quietly until the police got there. He was 28 yrs old, had two priors for burglary and admitted that he had never been that scared in his whole life. He actually asked me not to shoot him about 10 times in the 3 minutes it took the cops to show...

Never had another problem at home :)

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply