LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 37 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

"It's only dog fighting"

Offline  "It's only dog fighting"

Posted: May 21, 2007, 12:42 PM Post
video.msn.com/v/us/fv/fox...y&msnhphma

A couple of really classy Washington Redskin players laughing it up about how everyone should leave Michael Vick alone because dog fighting is no big deal.I love NFL football,but there are quite a few big time scumbags playing in that league.

I would love to see Portis thrown in a dog fighting pit with about 5 of the crazed mistreated pitbulls that he feels are toys to be treated however any human wishes.

(added tag --1992)

Last edited by 1992casey on August 12, 2007, 1:35 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 12:46 PM Post
some people are just clueless..I heard those coments on rome is burning today and can't believe that he said that. I like how the reporter goes, you know its a felony right? and he just brushes it off like its nothing..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 12:49 PM Post
"Lock up a man doing positive things in the community, a positive role model? Over a dog fight? For nothing?"

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 12:52 PM Post
I'd love to see their Wonderlic scores. I'd be surprised if they hit double digits.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 12:52 PM Post
It's comments like this that allow me to realize that I live in a whole different world than these guys.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 1:07 PM Post
Wow. Simply a different world those idiots live in.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 1:26 PM Post
I saw that interview today,as well; that was unbelievable. I love how he completely disregarded the fact that that is a FELONY, let alone morally wrong on sooo many levels. I do like how the interviewer conducted it though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 1:31 PM Post
Yeah, she kept the dolts talking about it. I mean, whether or not they really feel that way is one thing, and one comment would have been bad enough. To go on for five minutes on the subject just shows they are clods.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 1:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
Agreed with all sentiments on this thread.

But now the critical question. . .

Will this make you stop watching the nation's favorite sport?
Will you not play roto football?
Will you simply stop caring about all that is the NFL?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 1:59 PM Post
Will this make you stop watching the nation's favorite sport?

Of course not,but i will be hoping Portis tears up a knee or blows out an achilles tendon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 2:02 PM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
I already care less about NFL football than I did 10 years ago. It's heading the way of the NBA for me. It's fallen behind college basketball and college football for a distant 4th in sports I pay attention to.

IT seems like every other day that one of these knuckleheads decides to blow his money on hookers and/or drugs or beats someone up.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 2:33 PM Post
Hey, its his property. If he wants to invite me over, and then murder me, thats fine, because he is a man and that is his property.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 2:56 PM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
You forgot that he has to do it "behind closed doors" - if he does its nobody's business but his own.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 3:00 PM Post
what's fun to watch is all these same football players trying to read apology speeches written for them by their agents after the fact of them opening their mouth and trying to get their foot out of it. We all know Portis is going to have some type of retraction speech later this week. it should be fun to listen to. .

I seen several of these NFL players reading speeches prepared for them and stumble over most of the words. Often times they will read a speech and have no clue what they have just said.

favre is one of the smarter football players. favre opens up his press conference by saying he doesn't want to create any waves. but dog gone it, we should have traded for randy moss. he wanted to be a packer and was willing to accept less money. it's a shame we didn't get that deal done. You didn't make any waves with that comment favre- just national and state headlines. I'm surprised TT is still alive after your remarks.

as portis said , Vick is a leading role model in his community. he serves beer and brats at his dog fights. most other people in town only serve little wienies and pigs feet. I wonder if he has a non-smoking section to watch his dog fights?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 3:48 PM Post
Global Moderator
The only explanation for this is that they're merely sticking up for Vick because they don't want the best sticky-icky supplier in the NFL to go down. Then they'd have to go back to buying from that shady Ricky Williams, who's known to short you a bit.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 4:09 PM Post
a hilarious comment made by dan patrick today.

when these guys are in front of a camera and a microphone, they must realize the things they say are recorded and the camera is turned on, don't they?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 7:17 PM Post
Back in the day, I knew several guys who fought dogs. It was disgusting then and it's disgusting now. At least in boxing or MMA (although I hate MMA) the humans have a choice and there are some rules to try to keep people relatively safe. The dogs have no choice and often get horrifically injured. One guy I knew was really into it and bred pits for fighting. It was odd to see the relationships he had with the dogs. On the one hand, he really loved them (not all trainers do, from what I understand). On the other, he made them fight and badly mistreated them in order to make them "mean". He was one of those guys that thought that feeding gunpowder to the dogs would make them mean and that surely can't be good for them. But when I would see him the day after a fight, he would be so happy and proud of the dog if it won and feel so badly for the dog if it lost. It's kind of the same thing that I've noticed in farmers. Farmers sometimes become real attached to their livestock but that doesn't stop them from sending them to the slaughterhouse. I don't think I could kill something I loved, or make something I loved fight for it's life. That's why I think that both of those things are herditary in a sense. I think you have to have grown up around dog fighting (or farming) to really be comfortable doing that, which I think is also the reason why dog fights are so persistent. If you've grown up around something, it will usually seem normal, even if the majority of people find it bizarre or abhorrent. I think that explains why some people can't see the big deal about dog fighting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 21, 2007, 11:56 PM Post
Let me qualify this by saying that i think dog fighting is disgusting. cockfighting ok, because with the loser everyone wins with dinner;) .

To piggy back the previous post. This could be the same argument for hunting. IF you dont grow up around it then you are going to have a different opinion.

(Edit: reconciled post with word filter; see my message at the top of page 2 --1992casey)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 22, 2007, 2:10 AM Post
Quote:
This could be the same argument for hunting. IF you dont grow up around it then you are going to have a different opinion.

In some ways yes, but I'm especially interested in the duality of loving an animal (whether it's a fighting dog or a prize cow or sheep) and then actively putting it in a stiuation where it will get killed.

Quote:
cockfighting ok, because with the loser everyone wins with dinner .

Roy Jones Jr. is a huge cockfighting advocate. He talks about it openly and seems to believe it is a legit sport, despite the fact that it is a felony in most states. He's a big trainer of fighting [roosters]. Here's a quote from him about it: ''I give my roosters the best of food. I give them the best of care. I give them everything they want before I ask them to sacrifice.'' That kind of turns my stomach, but so does the thought of a slaughterhouse, so who knows?

(Edit: dealt with some word filter issues; bracketed [roosters] replaces the 'banned' word; see my post at the top of page 2 --1992casey)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 22, 2007, 2:35 AM Post
Global Moderator
Yeah it's an interesting argument. On the face of it, Portis is a moron. But is dog fighting any worse than raising pigs (who are just about as intelligent as most dogs) for slaughter?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 37 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply