LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 139 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

May 22nd NBA draft lottery

Offline  May 22nd NBA draft lottery

Posted: May 19, 2007, 7:21 AM Post
Besides the Brewers and Badgers, I'm a pretty fair weather Wisconsin sports fan and so I basically had no interest in the Bucks this year. That said, I'm looking forward to the lottery this week, because I think that if the Bucks land one of the top two picks they're a sure-fire playoff team next year. They probably would have made the playoffs if they didn't have any injuries this year.

So how would you rank the top two? I'd say:

1) Oden
2) Durant

I'm sure many disagree with me. I wouldn't let Bogut stop me from taking Oden either; take the best possible players and things will work out in the end.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 8:19 AM Post
1. Noah
2. Hibbert

1. Oden
2. Durant

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 8:28 AM Post
I'd go with Durant, but most would pick Oden. I think Greg may be a bit clumsy and very inconsistent his first couple years, but eventually be a top 5 C.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 9:03 AM Post
I'd be thrilled to get either one. I don't really think it matters, because even if one doesn't pan out it's not like people can argue that they both were not expected to be great.

But no, I would not let Bogut's presence stop me from taking Oden.

If they don't get in the top two, I'd like to see them take Horford or Brewer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 9:13 AM Post
Larry Krystowiak spoke at our high school baseball team's booster party last night and the question was asked who he would take with the 1st or 2nd pick. Without saying names, he said he'd take Oden first and Durant second. For Oden, he said he'd take a large center with a great defensive presence and for Durant he said he'd take a Kevin Garnett clone. Everyone got a kick out of using those comparisons.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 9:51 AM Post
so lets say they get number 1. what do you think they could trade Bogut for? You think they get another top 10 pick for him, then draft a guy like Julian Wright? After seeing Bogut and Maglore fail miserably, I just cant see Oden and Bogut playing together.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 12:37 PM Post
Why can't you see Bogut and Oden together? Thet are not alike at all. Oden is obviously a great defender, and his raw offensive skills keep him near the basket looking for putback dunks. Bogut isn't nearly the same defensive presence, and he can step back and make a jumper. They should be able to work well together.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 1:41 PM Post
I'd much rather have Durant than Oden. Oden will not dominate on 'D' in the NBA like he did at OSU. He's not going to be able to sit under the basket and use his size/strength advantage to intimidate the opposition. Plus, I don't like the way that he seems to play the game void of any emotion.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 2:07 PM Post
Thet are not alike at all

they are both centers. Bogut has already made it clear he has no intention of playing power forward, so unless Oden does, they cant play together

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 2:54 PM Post
If the Bucks draft Noah I am officially done with this team. There is no way I can root for a team when one of their player's looks like Michael Jackson. I want to cry every time I see his face.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 3:02 PM Post
Quote:
and he can step back and make a jumper.

He can? Because I haven't seen a consistent jump shot from him in two years. In fact most of his jumpers look pretty terrible, he has a really bad hitch in his release.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 3:31 PM Post
does anyone know when this is, is it halftime of the jazz-spurs game?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 3:58 PM Post
Quote:
does anyone know when this is, is it halftime of the jazz-spurs game?

I believe they do it before the playoff game starts. I'll be in the exact same spot wearing the exact same thing as I did during the 2005 draft.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 6:48 PM Post
1. Oden
2. Durant
3. Is where it gets hard. Horford, Brewer, and Wright (the UNC one) are all very intriguing.

If the Bucks get Oden, they should trade Bogut while he still has value. Oden and Bogut will not work well together, any better than Magloire and Bogut did. Bogut and Villanueva for Pau Gasol would be something I would explore as Pau would be a much better complement to Oden and he's still plenty young (26). Memphis has a long way to go, so they may be interested in a 2 for one deal. My dream lineup for next year is:

Mo
Redd
Patterson
Pau
Oden

6th man: Bobby

I think that team could win the East within 3 years (yes, I realize that Rube will be old by that time, but he'll probably still be ok at that point, much like Bowen is still ok).

Now, the Bucks getting the #1 pick is very unlikely and their chances of getting a top 3 pick is less than 50%. Still, we can dream for a couple more days.

Speaking of dreams, I had a dream the other day that the Wolves got the #1 pick, the Celtics got the #3, and the Bucks got the #5. I hope my dream proves to be inaccurate, although Garnett getting a true star player to play with would be interesting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 8:20 PM Post
Quote:
Mo
Redd
Patterson
Pau
Oden

Wow I hope Kohl doesn't go cheap again because if the Bucks did get the #1 pick and went with Oden and were able to trade for Gasol this lineup would be incredible.

We'd have to add more salary for Memphis (like picking up Skinner's option and sending him as well) to get the trade to work.

Then just spend the rest of the money on role players like Joe Smith, James Posey etc.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2007, 4:48 AM Post
I've never gotten the man-love for Gasol. I think that he's hugely overrated. Way too soft for my tastes. Kind of similar to Bogut in a lot of ways, actually, except he is a much better scorer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2007, 5:06 AM Post
Quote:
I've never gotten the man-love for Gasol.

Well, his career numbers are 19/9 with 3 assists and 2 blocks per game.

To even put Bogut in the same breath as Gasol is laughable because Pau is a good defender and a very good shotblocker. Also, he can shoot, unlike Bogut. He's also as good a passer.

Quote:
Kind of similar to Bogut in a lot of ways, actually, except he is a much better scorer.

Even if this was true (it's not), isn't it kind of like saying that Barry Bonds is kind of similar to Gabe Gross in a lot of ways except that Bonds is a much better hitter? In other words, it is a huge difference.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2007, 5:19 AM Post
Quote:
Even if this was true (it's not), isn't it kind of like saying that Barry Bonds is kind of similar to Gabe Gross in a lot of ways except that Bonds is a much better hitter? In other words, it is a huge difference.

Gasol has been in the league for seven years, while Bogut has been in the league for two years. Bogut will eventually become a better rebounder than Gasol. In my opinion, it's a stretch to say that Gasol is a "good defender". Gasol scores more because he has generally played on terrible teams without any big scoring threats. The Bucks have had Redd and the other guards jacking up shots left and right since Bogut has been here. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that the offense hasn't been run through him. Hopefully, that changes with Larry K. No way do I trade Bogut for Gasol...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2007, 6:14 AM Post
Quote:
Gasol scores more because he has generally played on terrible teams without any big scoring threats.

In his 6 years in the league he's been on 3 playoff teams. Those teams were the previous 3 years before this one. During those 3 years he averaged 18.6 points, 8 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.8 blocks.

Oden and Gasol would compliment eachother so well on the offensive and defensive end. Add to that how many open looks Williams and Redd would get due to Gasol demanding a double team on offense.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2007, 6:17 AM Post
Gasol would make me start watching bucks games again. Unfortunetly, that will never happen(i don't see Kohl spending that kind of money).

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 139 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply