LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's NOT bugging you? (2013 – ?)

Offline  What's NOT bugging you? (2013 – ?)

Posted: February 14, 2013, 2:48 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
It's Valentine's Day, and no one in the hawing household cares, and that is fine with both of us. I feel fortunate to be on the same wavelength as the SO on this.

Lest you get overly jealous, the SO's birthday was less than a month ago and mine is in about a week and a half, meaning it'll be this time next week or later before the SO begins to ask if I'd like anything for my birthday.

-----
Continued from:

viewtopic.php?p=818581#p818581

Original Lead:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=2351

Last edited by 1992casey on September 06, 2013, 3:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split topic to improve board performance

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's NOT bugging you?

Posted: March 01, 2013, 7:46 PM Post
Just made my own fish fry. Used fresh cod and a beer batter using Leinie's Canoe Paddler beer and some Penzy's Foward seasoning. Once I figured out how to fry it properly, it turned out better than any fish fry cod I have ever had at a restaurant. Best part was it cost me less to feed my wife and I plus leftovers than one fish fry would cost at our favorite place.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 01, 2013, 9:58 PM Post
hawing said:
It's Valentine's Day, and no one in the hawing household cares, and that is fine with both of us. I feel fortunate to be on the same wavelength as the SO on this.

Lest you get overly jealous, the SO's birthday was less than a month ago and mine is in about a week and a half, meaning it'll be this time next week or later before the SO begins to ask if I'd like anything for my birthday.

What did your SO get you? Its not listed here in the What's NOT bugging you thread. [tongue]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 02, 2013, 1:24 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
How nice of you to ask. As I expected, by the Saturday before my Monday birthday, the SO hadn't even begun thinking of anything yet. Thus we followed the plan we first implemented in 2012: visiting a variety of stores where I usually find things I like, and his purchasing pretty much whatever I pointed to. It's fun for me and not stressful for SO.
This year we changed it up a bit by hitting the outlet mall in Oshkosh, which used to be our go-to mall when I lived in Green Bay and SO in Madison. I still like that mall, and I'm not a major shopper by any means.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: March 03, 2013, 8:39 AM Post
Global Moderator
NeedMoreFans said:
Just made my own fish fry. Used fresh cod and a beer batter using Leinie's Canoe Paddler beer and some Penzy's Foward seasoning. Once I figured out how to fry it properly, it turned out better than any fish fry cod I have ever had at a restaurant. Best part was it cost me less to feed my wife and I plus leftovers than one fish fry would cost at our favorite place.

I made a fish fry that day too! I had some bluegill fillets in the freezer and used the family recipe. Really hit the spot! I only have one more ziplock of fillets left from WI so I will need to get back soon to get a few more. Glad your fry turned out well!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 22, 2013, 4:15 PM Post
Badger hockey!! If only their roundball counterparts could peak at the right time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2013, 7:33 AM Post
The wonder of modern television and the internet.

Last night I got home from work and had the house to myself (very rare). Turned on the TV and ran across an old Rolling Stones concert on Paladia. Left it on as I was doing some chores around the house. As I glanced at the TV at one point I noticed Jagger wearing a t-shirt and the front of it was blurred out. I became curious about why it was blurred out. I hit the guide which told me that this was a concert in Fort Worth, Texas in 1978. I then went to the internet and typed in "Mick Jagger t-shirt, Fort Worth, Texas concert 1978" and was able to find links and pictures including a blog where there was a discussion of the topic. I won't get into what was on it because I don't want to turn this in to some political discussion, but I had to stop and think about how A) How cool it was that there was a 1978 Rolling Stone concert on TV at 5pm, B) How cool it was that I was able to hit a button to tell me when and where the concert took place and C) How cool it was that I was able to instantly get trivial information about this concert on the internet. None of this would have been available 20 or 30 years ago.

Now...I could easily post something in "What's bugging you" about modern TV and the internet, but in this instance I was very happy with these two modern "conveniences".

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2013, 1:28 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
As an aside, Palladia is one helluva channel. I love turning that on as background for chores, etc., too.

"The key is identifying the moment. The worst is when you try to do it halfway: when you think you can compete and you also think you're trying to rebuild. Then you're stuck in no-man's-land. You either do it or you don't." -- Billy Beane

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2013, 10:07 AM Post
This commercial.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2013, 4:59 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
After being long-term unemployed (for far longer than I like to admit), getting a job last month & getting promoted today... that's definitely not bugging me.

"The key is identifying the moment. The worst is when you try to do it halfway: when you think you can compete and you also think you're trying to rebuild. Then you're stuck in no-man's-land. You either do it or you don't." -- Billy Beane

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 20, 2013, 8:31 PM Post
Great news, TLB!!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: May 21, 2013, 9:16 PM Post
TooLiveBrew said:
After being long-term unemployed (for far longer than I like to admit), getting a job last month & getting promoted today... that's definitely not bugging me.

Congratulations. I would have a really really hard time being unemployed.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 22, 2013, 12:56 PM Post
All the H8 to front row amy for selling a single ticket next to her for $350. I also think she has deleted her fb acct!!!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re:

Posted: May 22, 2013, 1:00 PM Post
pepsimax23 said:
All the H8 to front row amy for selling a single ticket next to her for $350. I also think she has deleted her fb acct!!!

Did you read this somewhere? Just wondering.

If she can get $350 for a single ticket, more power to her!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 22, 2013, 7:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
Patrick425 said:
pepsimax23 said:

Did you read this somewhere? Just wondering.

If she can get $350 for a single ticket, more power to her!

I hadn't heard anything about this, but yeah, I agree.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 11, 2013, 7:25 AM Post
Global Moderator
The Brewer's win streak.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 11, 2013, 7:50 AM Post
pepsimax23 said:

agreed, but she is back...

she has a need for attention, I knew she wouldn't be gone for long. Same old crap, posting pics, then feeling all bad when people call her on her attention craving...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2013, 9:27 PM Post
Global Moderator
Three gorings today at Pamplona! That's a good day.

One is an American who lost his spleen (a fine effort), and two Spaniards, one of whom nearly lost his man parts and did lose his shorts (close to perfect, but not quite). The other guy seems to get it in the trapezius, which seems an unlikely place to take a horn.

Another victim pictured in the story below is a woman, and if this is an equal opportunity message board, I guess I should celebrate her taking one in the keester. Kudos to the bull for treating her like one of the boys.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/a ... -1.1397139

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2013, 11:35 PM Post
way to go TLB!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 13, 2013, 6:40 AM Post

Crazy Old Man
Jim's take on bullfighting and associated activities most definitely does not bug me. Nope, not in the least.

Edit: This will really make his day...

http://www.charter.net/news/read/catego ... un_crus-ap

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply