LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next  [ 612 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16

Author Message
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 11, 2018, 8:02 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7161
I told my wife I didn't care if she took my last name just please don't hyphenate it. She took mine and even after 4 years my brain still doesn't recognize her as having the same last name as me, she still has her maiden name in my brain for some reason.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 11, 2018, 8:30 AM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Posts: 14936
GAME05 said:
It's not about the husband owning the wife, but about two individuals coming together as one and therefore sharing the same name.

I decided when I was 18 that I was going to keep my surname if I ever married. I like my birth name and saw/still see no reason to give it up.
As long as the persons involved in a union are in agreement on how they do surnames, it's not super important to me how they do it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 11, 2018, 2:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2832
I'm certainly far more traditional in that if my hypothetical fiancee didn't want to take my name, it would upset me quite a bit.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 11, 2018, 3:25 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 17473
If I ever get married I would be tempted to take my wife's last name so I would get less of the "How do you pronounce/spell your last name?"

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 12, 2018, 9:38 AM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 5233
hawing said:
GAME05 said:
It's not about the husband owning the wife, but about two individuals coming together as one and therefore sharing the same name.

I decided when I was 18 that I was going to keep my surname if I ever married. I like my birth name and saw/still see no reason to give it up.
As long as the persons involved in a union are in agreement on how they do surnames, it's not super important to me how they do it.


I was thinking of using it as an opportunity to move up in the alphabet ;-)
Although a complication in the scientific field is that it is confusing when the same person publishes papers with two different surnames...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 12, 2018, 10:45 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5061
nodakfan17 said:
wallus said:
Hyphenated last names are stupid.

What happens when a child with a hyphenated last name grows up and marries another child with a hyphenated last name? Would their offspring have four last names?

We must know each other somehow because I have been saying this for decades.

There is a simple solution - don't get married.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 14, 2018, 7:23 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4631
LouisEly said:
nodakfan17 said:
wallus said:
Hyphenated last names are stupid.

What happens when a child with a hyphenated last name grows up and marries another child with a hyphenated last name? Would their offspring have four last names?

We must know each other somehow because I have been saying this for decades.

There is a simple solution - don't get married.


Or marry a cousin. No name change then!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 14, 2018, 10:18 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 197
Tried hummus today for the first time. I liked it. It wasn't a "I've been missing this my whole life?" experience but I did like it more than I expected. I've always thought it looked kind of gross. Kinda nutty, kinda salty, no texture issue... not bad at all.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 15, 2018, 2:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 793
Location: Hartland, WI
Chili's got hacked-baby-hacked-baby-hacked.

Ok - I'm better now [laughing]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 15, 2018, 5:46 PM Post
Posts: 817
I don't remember the last thing I drank that wasn't coffee, water, or beer.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 15, 2018, 10:34 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6078
jerichoholicninja said:
I told my wife I didn't care if she took my last name just please don't hyphenate it. She took mine and even after 4 years my brain still doesn't recognize her as having the same last name as me, she still has her maiden name in my brain for some reason.

I did the same thing. I said to my wife - my preference would be that you keep your last name or take mine, which ever you want.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 16, 2018, 9:26 AM Post
Posts: 6734
stalton said:
I don't remember the last thing I drank that wasn't coffee, water, or beer.


Wait, you mean there ARE other beverages?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 16, 2018, 7:22 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5061
FVBrewerFan said:
stalton said:
I don't remember the last thing I drank that wasn't coffee, water, or beer.


Wait, you mean there ARE other beverages?

Whiskey and vodka. I heard there's this tequila stuff down in Mexico too.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 16, 2018, 7:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 854
LouisEly said:
FVBrewerFan said:
stalton said:
I don't remember the last thing I drank that wasn't coffee, water, or beer.


Wait, you mean there ARE other beverages?

Whiskey and vodka. I heard there's this tequila stuff down in Mexico too.


I miss the drunk thread


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 17, 2018, 8:35 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2207
Greg35 - drink a 12 pack tonight and bring it back!!!!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 21, 2018, 10:49 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4656
In my office in Milwaukee this morning, heard a bunch of sirens. Wasn't sure what it was about. Apparently it was related to this. What was this guy thinking??

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/man-tackled-by-milwaukee-police-after-grabbing-suspicious-package


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 21, 2018, 11:28 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7161
Patrick425 said:
In my office in Milwaukee this morning, heard a bunch of sirens. Wasn't sure what it was about. Apparently it was related to this. What was this guy thinking??

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/man-tackled-by-milwaukee-police-after-grabbing-suspicious-package


He seemed upset after he dumped the bag out. That's probably the weirdest part of the whole situation.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 21, 2018, 12:38 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1454
He was upset there was nothing of value to take.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 21, 2018, 12:38 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4656
I feel like he was trying to prove to the cops that nothing was in the bag. So, perhaps he was the owner and he told the cops that, but they still had to take precautions and said sorry we are still blowing it up. So he took matter in to his own hands. Or, just some angry, random guy that was ticked off that the road was closed.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: May 21, 2018, 1:24 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 906
I feel like it was his and the cops wouldnt believe him so he dumped it out to prove it. Probably just pissed he had to dump his stuff on the wet groind since it looked like some notebooks in there.

That was a pretty decent form tackle by the cop there, packers should give him a call.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next  [ 612 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OnaBadger58, turborickey and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test