LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next  [ 510 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: April 17, 2017, 2:27 PM Post
Whoops, somehow misread it as the classic bidding just $1. My bad.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: April 17, 2017, 2:44 PM Post
Koreana is closing in September. There is no longer a reason to live.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 17, 2017, 9:31 PM Post
Jimbo said:
Which leads to this, Monday is a special day in Boston, so it will be the one day per year I'll wear my retro Red Sox cap.

And the sideline reporter for today's Boston Marathon.....Trenni Kusnierek.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 19, 2017, 12:07 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
If i ever get on the show and get to guess last I plan on saying some other small number, like $11 or $17.

Don't remember when it was, I think Barker was still doing the show, but I saw a dude bid 69 dollars one time.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 20, 2017, 12:00 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Does anyone else automatically root against Price is Right contestants who screw over other players by bidding one dollar over their bid?

Yes. Those people deserve a nice punch in the throat. Even worse are the people who don't pay attention and then ask what the previous bids were and then bid a dollar over.

Why they continue to do that baffles me. Giving people a card to write down their bid would be a far better solution than this and yes I know there's a small chance that two people could bid the same thing. The last person bidding always has the advantage barring a perfect bid. It especially sucks for the last contestant up on the stage and then they have to bid first leaving them the possibility of being bid a dollar over and completely ruining their (likely) already sucky experience of only getting one chance to bid and likely losing.

Also, Plinko sucks. I could be amazing at the first part of that game winning all 5 chips and still walk away with $0. Meanwhile, some idiot could play Punch a Bunch or something, get everything wrong except the free punch they give you and walk out with $10,000 or whatever the high number is for that game.

While we're on game shows. I despise Wheel of Fortune. Those contestants are even worse than Price is Right. Really? You need to piss away $250 to buy a vowel when you can easily fill it in by thinking just a little bit about where the consonants are and what words could possibly be formed from those consonants? Oh, you have 3 L's, 4 R's and almost no money but you want to solve? Get bent, you wanker.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 20, 2017, 6:58 AM Post
Also, Plinko sucks.

I know you're upset, so I'm going to pretend I didn't see that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 20, 2017, 11:44 AM Post
trwi7 said:

Also, Plinko sucks. I could be amazing at the first part of that game winning all 5 chips and still walk away with $0. Meanwhile, some idiot could play Punch a Bunch or something, get everything wrong except the free punch they give you and walk out with $10,000 or whatever the high number is for that game.

I used to think it was unfair to certain contestants that some games are luckier than others. Then after attending a taping, one realizes everyone is there for fun and it's just entertainment.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 20, 2017, 12:25 PM Post
trwi7 said:
adambr2 said:
Does anyone else automatically root against Price is Right contestants who screw over other players by bidding one dollar over their bid?

Yes. Those people deserve a nice punch in the throat. Even worse are the people who don't pay attention and then ask what the previous bids were and then bid a dollar over.

Why they continue to do that baffles me. Giving people a card to write down their bid would be a far better solution than this and yes I know there's a small chance that two people could bid the same thing. The last person bidding always has the advantage barring a perfect bid. It especially sucks for the last contestant up on the stage and then they have to bid first leaving them the possibility of being bid a dollar over and completely ruining their (likely) already sucky experience of only getting one chance to bid and likely losing.

You can hate the rules for being unfair, but I have no issue with anyone ever biding a dollar over another person. Why hate someone for using solid strategy? The last bidder has exactly four good bids, $1 over one of the other three players or $1 if you think everyone overbid. Biding anything else is stupid and just lessening your chances for winning. If I were ever on the show I'd be betting $1 over someone else every single time. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, I'm doing everything I can to get up on stage.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2017, 8:10 AM Post
I met someone who went on a few episodes of Wheel of Fortune. At the end of the show the winners sit down with a prize consultant who helps you figure out what the tax is going to be on the gift prizes. They pretty much tell you to decline the trips and similar luxury gifts because they'll cost so much.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2017, 12:53 PM Post
Best of the Best is one of the finest martial arts movies featuring irrelevant siblings of movie stars ever made.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2017, 2:00 PM Post
trwi7 said:
While we're on game shows. I despise Wheel of Fortune. Those contestants are even worse than Price is Right. Really? You need to piss away $250 to buy a vowel when you can easily fill it in by thinking just a little bit about where the consonants are and what words could possibly be formed from those consonants? Oh, you have 3 L's, 4 R's and almost no money but you want to solve? Get bent, you wanker.

One thing I've noticed about Wheel of Fortune is the formula they use for casting their contestants: It's an attractive lady, a normal lady, and a man. If it isn't 100% of the time, it must be 99%.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2017, 3:50 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
I'm listening to high school playoff baseball on the radio (the Monroe stations cover quite a bit of regional prep sports) and my nephew's team has walk-up music for its players, including (I'm told by a reliable source) my nephew. [ohwell]

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 01, 2017, 7:31 AM Post
Yeah, we do walk up music for our guys, too. Kind of a fun perk of making it to varsity.

Edit: and posting this reminds me I should change the avatar pic, since my boy will be a senior next year. Guess I don't post much.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 01, 2017, 8:41 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Well...in a text conversation with said nephew after their *regional championship* game, I asked what his music is. He picked Written in the Stars, which you might remember as the anthem of the 2011 postseason. That gave me some auntly feelings, because he attended a couple of the 2011 postseason games with us, was a fan of the song at the time, and we fist-bumped every time it was played during those games. [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2017, 8:22 AM Post
Don't know where else to put this. My mom has been in the hospital with lung surgery and I've burned through most of my sick time. I do have FMLA for my mom so there's no worry about my job but it's to the point now where I'd be on unpaid time off. I'm not sure what's the best approach here. I need the money but I'm just a nervous wreck even just waiting in the hospital.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2017, 8:13 PM Post
Global Moderator
stalton said:
Don't know where else to put this. My mom has been in the hospital with lung surgery and I've burned through most of my sick time. I do have FMLA for my mom so there's no worry about my job but it's to the point now where I'd be on unpaid time off. I'm not sure what's the best approach here. I need the money but I'm just a nervous wreck even just waiting in the hospital.

Best wishes to your mom on her recovery. And best wishes to you in managing the stress.

Are you needed to make decisions, assist in her care, or otherwise be there for daily activities? I trust that she's getting good treatment. Maybe you can stop by the hospital in the evenings or cut out early some days...

When my now-deceased mom was hospitalized following her stroke, it was a tough decision on when to go, how long to stay, etc. Glad my sisters were here to do a lot of the daily life stuff.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 14, 2017, 2:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
You can check with the hospital also to see if they have support systems available for you. For my youngest, my wife was managing a lot of doctor visits and trying to coordinate different doctors at one time. The hospital assigned my son a patient care advocate (or concierge?) that did all of that for her. That might not be the biggest of your concerns, but every little bit helps.

Love your mom, but take care of yourself too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 16, 2017, 10:49 AM Post
hawing said:
Well...in a text conversation with said nephew after their *regional championship* game, I asked what his music is. He picked Written in the Stars, which you might remember as the anthem of the 2011 postseason. That gave me some auntly feelings, because he attended a couple of the 2011 postseason games with us, was a fan of the song at the time, and we fist-bumped every time it was played during those games. [smile]

My son never had walk up music when he played varsity (although he and his teammates would lobby hard for it every year - even if it was just for senior night or for the season end DH they played at Whitewater every year). However, he now plays for land o' lakes and they have walk up music (well, we played the first game, then got a job that interferes with most of the games they play on Saturdays). As a 19 year old, the walk up music he has chosen is Jimi Henrdrix' 'All along the watchtower' and Zepplin's 'Kashmir'. Ahhh....I have taught him well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 17, 2017, 12:24 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Those are quality walk-up music choices!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 17, 2017, 12:35 PM Post
No joke, I've thought about what I would choose as a walk-up song if I was a major league player and Kashmir and All Along the Watchtower are always my top two choices.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next  [ 510 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply