LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 500 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: September 02, 2017, 11:52 PM Post
After moving into an interior office from the cubes, my phone battery now drains much quicker looking for LTE service. I have to move to 3g to save my phone from melting itself.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: September 08, 2017, 2:01 PM Post
Dog is man's best friend yet they find rabbit poop more interesting than humans. What does that say about humanity?

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2017, 8:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
Thurston Fluff said:
Dog is man's best friend yet they find rabbit poop more interesting than humans. What does that say about humanity?

That just a comment on you. My dog likes me better. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2017, 2:34 PM Post
That very well may be true. My dog is a sociopath. If I died she wouldn't even wait until she was hungry to start eating me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2017, 3:08 PM Post
I really like the Dr. Afterkings character.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2017, 4:36 PM Post
I haven't seen the movie It but I have sold a lot of red balloons because of it. Might have to go see it just to give a little back.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2017, 4:13 PM Post
While I'm still the guy who had nothing positive to say on these forums about the guy's Super Bowl halftime performance (Feb. 3, 2008 - hard to believe that was nearly a decade ago!), I do feel compelled to say this: Rest In Peace, Tom Petty.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2017, 7:13 AM Post
Global Moderator
Yes, so much great music created by Tom Petty. Bummed he passed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 04, 2017, 8:19 AM Post
I own every Tom Petty album he ever put out. A couple of weak ones, but in general, his body of work is tremendous.

As good as he was, I think he will always be under rated.

He will be missed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2017, 2:48 PM Post
Weed whip, scythe or cheap-o gas mower?

weed whip--faster than a scythe, but there's the possibility I'd have to go over the lawn again with my reel push mower.

scythe--I like the idea of hand tools for my small lawn to force me into modest exercise. But it's a slow process.

cheap-o mower: It'd be the fastest.

reel push mower--I just got one, but it doesn't work on the long grass.

I don't really care much about the look of my lawn and only mow it at the point I have to. I can use a zero-turn mower from work, but it's a pain in the rear to get it here and get it back with some on-duty/off-duty conflict and complications. So I guess if it were 105 degrees out some day I could just use it when I didn't want to do the hand work.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2017, 10:08 PM Post
GAME05 said:
Weed whip, scythe or cheap-o gas mower?

weed whip--faster than a scythe, but there's the possibility I'd have to go over the lawn again with my reel push mower.

scythe--I like the idea of hand tools for my small lawn to force me into modest exercise. But it's a slow process.

cheap-o mower: It'd be the fastest.

reel push mower--I just got one, but it doesn't work on the long grass.

I don't really care much about the look of my lawn and only mow it at the point I have to. I can use a zero-turn mower from work, but it's a pain in the rear to get it here and get it back with some on-duty/off-duty conflict and complications. So I guess if it were 105 degrees out some day I could just use it when I didn't want to do the hand work.

Buy a goat.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 09, 2017, 6:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
"Buy a goat."

Not that crazy an idea: http://www.dailyunion.com/news/jefferson/article_0d06a9a2-bb40-5748-aeda-8b9056835332.html

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 09, 2017, 1:51 PM Post
No hoofed animals allowed on state property. I decided to go with a scythe. I kept going back and forth but it's $150 for one cutsomed to my height. If I decide I don't use it and want a mower, it's not like $150 is some huge amount of money to absorb.

---------------

Different thing, I've decided to try and replace my daily energy drink. I'm in both a rush and a haze in the morning so I don't make coffee. The energy drinks really help, but they're sooooooo bad for you. I ordered some caffeine which'll dissolve in hot water, a multivitamin for the B12, and powdered vegetable drink for the magnesium and because it's vegetables. I'm going to add it to some green tea and stevia. I plan on waterbath canning it all to just grab one in the morning to replace the energy drink. I was hoping I would save some money with it, but the supplements make it about the same price.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 09, 2017, 2:23 PM Post
GAME05 said:
No hoofed animals allowed on state property.

So you live on state property? I only ask because of your comment stating that you don't really care about the look of your lawn. Depending on how close your neighbors are, type of neighborhood, etc., they may care. It's a property value thing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 09, 2017, 4:46 PM Post
You spend $150 on a scythe and you might not end up using it? Why didn't you just buy a $300 brand new lawnmower?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2017, 2:29 PM Post
I have no neighbors.

I like the idea of hand tools mostly to get me out moving around with some light, comfortable exercise.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2017, 3:14 PM Post
Different thing, I've decided to try and replace my daily energy drink. I'm in both a rush and a haze in the morning so I don't make coffee. The energy drinks really help, but they're sooooooo bad for you. I ordered some caffeine which'll dissolve in hot water, a multivitamin for the B12, and powdered vegetable drink for the magnesium and because it's vegetables. I'm going to add it to some green tea and stevia. I plan on waterbath canning it all to just grab one in the morning to replace the energy drink. I was hoping I would save some money with it, but the supplements make it about the same price.

If you're willing to put that much work into it you can just cold brew coffee and have coffee ready in about a minute in the morning. Cold brewing makes a coffee concentrate that you just add hot water to make a normal strength coffee. It has the additional advantage of being very low acid so, less gut gurgles. Without that acidity you can also up the caffeine content without making it bitter or too strong to drink. It's also what is used for cold coffee drinks so you can go that route as well. The actual brewing process is simple. You just soak the ground beans overnight and strain it the next day. I make it by the pound and put the rest in the fridge. Cold brewer systems are fairly cheap to buy but it is very simple to make one yourself. All it takes is a container with a hole in the bottom, a food grade plug for the hole and some coffee filters.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 11, 2017, 7:55 PM Post
Double beds in hotels seem sort of pointless. I'm 6'2" and somewhat large and my feet hang off the bed and don't have much space to roll over if my wife is with me. If I'm forking out $129+ for a hotel room, I want to be comfortable.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2017, 3:11 PM Post
NeedMoreFans said:
Double beds in hotels seem sort of pointless. I'm 6'2" and somewhat large and my feet hang off the bed and don't have much space to roll over if my wife is with me. If I'm forking out $129+ for a hotel room, I want to be comfortable.

Usually when there are double beds, there are two of them. Is there someone else (kids maybe?) in the other bed? My wife and I actually try to get rooms with double beds when we are staying somewhere so we each have our own space (we have been married for 24 years, neither of us feel that we really need to sleep in the same bed all the time, [laughing] ) ....although, neither of us are anywhere near 6'2" either.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 13, 2017, 3:32 PM Post
NeedMoreFans said:

I guess I am lucky all of the travelling I have done for work this year the only option has been king sized bed rooms.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 500 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply