LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  [ 717 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: November 13, 2018, 10:12 PM Post
You know you have to let the boss win right? If you really want to win though, mix in some ground pork (75% beef, 25% pork) and very fine crushed bacon (not much, dont overdo it.) You're welcome.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: November 14, 2018, 7:12 AM Post
I went with a few different kinds of chili powder. Shouldn't have added the ketchup as it added just a little bit of sugar I didn't want. But all in all it was good. Not bad for my first time making chili. Boss was just playing around, but visibly voted for himself and then gave me the opportunity to vote for him, but I'm not that much of a kiss-up.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: November 21, 2018, 9:51 PM Post
I love chili, and I make a pretty mean kettle of it a couple times a year. If I wanted to try to win a chili cookoff with it, I'd make the chili and then put the kettle in the fridge for a day or two, then warm it back up for the competition. I have no idea if that technique falls within the rules of chili cookoffery, but the flavors of chili really pop after a little refrigeration time to meld.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 24, 2018, 10:20 AM Post
I debated giving this its own thread:

Hasbro created a special edition of Monoply for Millenials.

Seems like we could joke about it for days (I’m an older Millennial, BTW). Players collect experiences, not real estate (because they can’t afford it). No jail, players just get sent to their safe space. And at the end of the game, everyone gets a participation trophy.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/monolopy-mill ... tml?bcmt=1

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 26, 2018, 8:28 PM Post
When and where did adding burger to things become a thing? Example: nothing burger.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: November 26, 2018, 10:15 PM Post
"nothing burger" came from a Project Veritas undercover video where the undercover journalist talked to a higher-up anchor of CNN about their coverage of president Trump, and the CNN anchor said that all the Russia-Trump stuff was a "big nothing burger". The Veritas video came out maybe four months ago when the Russia stuff had only recently hit and CNN was covering it pretty much 24/7.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 26, 2018, 11:15 PM Post
Maybe, I've heard people use burger for much longer than 4 months though. Guys playing call of duty have said I just got a 30 burger. 30 kills. That's been happening for over a year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 27, 2018, 5:12 AM Post
I recognize ‘50-burger’ from the context of blowout NFL games and when I searched the term, I found an Urban Dictionary entry from 2014.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... 0%20Burger

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2018, 11:28 AM Post
GAME05 said:
The Veritas video came out maybe four months ago when the Russia stuff had only recently hit and CNN was covering it pretty much 24/7.

Not that it matters, but that particular video came out almost a year and a half ago.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2018, 11:50 AM Post
This is from a story on JSonline today:

"Earlier that day, Wesley had found a bizarre "notice" taped to a front window of the home, where his father had lived until his death a few works earlier, in May 2017. The paper was riddled with spelling and grammar errors and virtually devoid of punctuation."

Ah, the irony.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2018, 4:47 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Copy editing reduces Gannett's profits! (Apologies to any Gannett fans out there, and they're certainly not the only ones skimping on that activity)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2018, 5:19 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
I debated giving this its own thread:

Hasbro created a special edition of Monoply for Millenials.

Seems like we could joke about it for days (I’m an older Millennial, BTW). Players collect experiences, not real estate (because they can’t afford it). No jail, players just get sent to their safe space. And at the end of the game, everyone gets a participation trophy.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/monolopy-mill ... tml?bcmt=1

If millennial jokes weren't stupid I would say if I was going to spend $19.82 on a piece of ****, I'd at least make sure it came from Whole Foods.

Instead of Income Tax is there an Income Tax and student loan space instead? Is the Go Directly to Jail chance card now Go Directly to Bed because you have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet?

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2018, 5:56 PM Post
Chance - Eat a Tide Pod & Get Stomach Pumped. Pay $100 [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2018, 6:07 PM Post
Instead of moving your own piece, each player sits there and demands that everyone else move their piece for them.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2018, 7:26 PM Post
Pass Go, Collect Avacado Toast

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 29, 2018, 8:06 PM Post
Instead of going to jail, they go to the campus crying closet.

I'm serious, that is a thing, google it and prepared to be degusted.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2018, 1:10 AM Post
GAME05 said:
"nothing burger" came from a Project Veritas undercover video where the undercover journalist talked to a higher-up anchor of CNN about their coverage of president Trump, and the CNN anchor said that all the Russia-Trump stuff was a "big nothing burger". The Veritas video came out maybe four months ago when the Russia stuff had only recently hit and CNN was covering it pretty much 24/7.

Not sure what its origin was before that, but Kevin O'Leary has been using the term "nothing burger" on Shark Tank for years.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  [ 717 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply