LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  [ 727 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–2018 (plus one)

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: December 26, 2018, 8:37 PM Post
On that same topic my sister's 20 year old cat is on its last life and I know she's going to be devastated. I'm not sure how much comfort I will be able to provide.

Offline  Re: Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2015–16
Posted: December 29, 2018, 2:07 PM Post
If there were a college bowl game at Lambeau Field this weekend, I would definitely pay to go and take my son. That being said, I think organizers would have a real tough time getting fan bases to travel to Green Bay in December.

Posted: December 29, 2018, 8:47 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
If there were a college bowl game at Lambeau Field this weekend, I would definitely pay to go and take my son. That being said, I think organizers would have a real tough time getting fan bases to travel to Green Bay in December.

Funny, I was thinking Lambeau would be a great place for a bowl game recently too. I don't think getting fans to travel would be tough as long as both teams come from cold climates.

Posted: December 30, 2018, 9:28 PM Post
Considering the expense of travel, why would anyone want to visit Green Bay in winter, especially when the bowl probably wouldn't be all that special of a game? A lot of people go to bowls just as an excuse for a get-out-of-winter vacation.

Posted: December 31, 2018, 3:20 AM Post
GAME05 said:
Considering the expense of travel, why would anyone want to visit Green Bay in winter, especially when the bowl probably wouldn't be all that special of a game? A lot of people go to bowls just as an excuse for a get-out-of-winter vacation.

It's like putting that bowl game in Detroit. Quick Lane or whatever it's called now. It's been there for 22 years with various names and typically has at least one Midwest team from either the Big Ten or the MAC and the last 10 years it's averaged 28,316 in attendance and Detroit is a bigger city than Green Bay and it's played indoors.

Lambeau is much better off hosting an opening week game like the Badgers against LSU a couple years ago or against Notre Dame like they will in 2020.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Posted: January 01, 2019, 9:26 AM Post
The "business reporter" for our local newspaper just copies and pastes Facebook posts from businesses and somehow this constitutes news. Seriously, she will write one or two sentences and then copy whole paragraphs from Facebook and this is actually published and printed without any mention of where the words came from. It's passed off as if she any did some actual reporting.

Posted: January 01, 2019, 7:24 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Is that plagiarism or just public relations disguised as journalism?

I'm just a little late, but for the sake of board performance, I'm starting a new Random Thoughts thread for the rest of 2019. All hail this four-year thread!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  [ 727 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply