LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 186 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)

Author Message
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 20, 2017, 9:36 AM Post
Posts: 4173
So it seems Kim there is a lot to wrap up in the last movie. Princess Leia obviously needs to die. I’m a little surprised they took Luke instead of her in this movie.

Also since Luke told Kylo that he was not the last Jedi I assume Rey is going to bring a new Jedi Order and that kid in the very last scene will be part of it? They already announced a whole new trilogy. I wonder if it will center around that boy. Daisy Ridley has announced that after the 9th movie she’s done.

And then what kind of galaxy is it going to be? By that I mean.....the Republic was blown to hell in TFA, the Resistance is all but gone, and the First Order took major losses too. Exactly who, if anyone, is going to be “in charge”? Luke mentions a rebellion. Does the rebellion just simply replace the resistance?

The last movie will be interesting.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 20, 2017, 10:12 AM Post
Posts: 4402
I was letdown with this movie in feelings with the whole Rose character intro til end. Every scene that involved her after the initial scene ruined the film.
Any scene involving Rey&Luke was must watch. Only the who are you? And tease that Kylo knew Rey parents to turn in to nothing. I'd have been interested in Luke learning who she was, the connect to her great power. With Kylo its half Skywalker blood line.

Chewy comic scenes I hated. Speaking of, how did Rey get on the Falcon after the Snoke scenes?

Luke/Kylo fight. Jedi mind trick to produce a light saber that fights Kylo's? Because if the dark side has such stronger power, why arent they murdering their jedi/rebellion counterparts via Luke's use/ability?

But man just so much angst with the Rose scenes beyond the first 2minutes. Thumbs down to the movie for producing her scenes.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 20, 2017, 11:11 AM Post
Posts: 1852
brewcrewdue80 said:
Chewy comic scenes I hated. Speaking of, how did Rey get on the Falcon after the Snoke scenes?



Snoke had an escape ship/pod. They mentioned that.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 20, 2017, 1:37 PM Post
Posts: 3677
I'm a hard core Star Wars fan and absolutely loved it. Thought it was awesome!!!!

Looking forward to seeing it for the 2nd time this weekend.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 20, 2017, 5:44 PM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Posts: 20430
I'm a hard core SW fan, and liked it but didn't love it on the first viewing. Felt the same way walking out of the theater as I did walking out of Rogue One (which I then absolutely loved on a second viewing).

After a second viewing of TLJ, I absolutely loved it, too. Yes there are some things I didn't love (I agree a bit about the casino sequence feeling 'off'), but overall I thought it was great.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 20, 2017, 9:20 PM Post
Posts: 3677
The casino sequence, and Rose in general, represents the common man's view of the First Order and of totalitarian rule. It gives added depth and meaning to the motivations for and the need for the Rebellion.

The Last Jedi gives us a greater insight into the powers of the FORCE. The Jedi, especially in the Prequels, had all sorts of rules and regulations as to how the Force could and could not be used... In this film we get glimpses into just how vast and powerful the Force is, without restrictions. I think it is a brilliant film on so many levels.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 21, 2017, 12:56 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1375
Location: Green Bay, WI
brewcrewdue80 said:
Luke/Kylo fight. Jedi mind trick to produce a light saber that fights Kylo's? Because if the dark side has such stronger power, why arent they murdering their jedi/rebellion counterparts via Luke's use/ability?


I was watching for this the second time I viewed it. Kylo & Luke never make physical contact, nor do their lightsabers. Luke avoids him every time.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 21, 2017, 1:22 PM Post
Posts: 2831
Probably the reason Luke made that Matrix style move to avoid Kylo's lightsaber since Kylo would realize Luke wasn't there once the lightsabers were supposed to make contact.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 21, 2017, 7:38 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10123
Outlander said:
Probably the reason Luke made that Matrix style move to avoid Kylo's lightsaber since Kylo would realize Luke wasn't there once the lightsabers were supposed to make contact.


I think we were supposed to maybe notice that Luke wasn't making red streaks with his feet and Kylo was.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 21, 2017, 8:56 PM Post
Posts: 4173
I have to admit I’m a little disappointed that we won’t see an actual Kylo-Luke lightsaber battle, considering Kylo destroyed the new Jedi order and all. I guess it makes sense becuase, really, it shouldn’t even be a contest as Luke would destroy him and it would make Kylo look pretty weak. I don’t know. It just seems to me like TLJ wasted a lot of opportunities that presented themselves in TFA.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 22, 2017, 10:35 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1375
Location: Green Bay, WI
homer said:
Outlander said:
Probably the reason Luke made that Matrix style move to avoid Kylo's lightsaber since Kylo would realize Luke wasn't there once the lightsabers were supposed to make contact.


I think we were supposed to maybe notice that Luke wasn't making red streaks with his feet and Kylo was.


That, and the fact it looked like Luke just got done shooting a "Just for Men" hair dye commercial.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 23, 2017, 3:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10312
Location: Wisconsin
Overall I really like The Last Jedi, would say it is my 5th favorite of all the Star Wars films. While there were some things I wasn't crazy about or question, I really enjoyed the story overall. Just really surprised Snoke is dead and we never found out his backstory and I don't believe Rey's parents really were nobody. I think Kylo was just saying that to trick her. See where that goes in Episode 9.

How can anyone not be romantic about that scene with Luke and R2D2 when R2 shows the Leia image. That was fantastic. And speaking of that, Luke was great throughout the movie.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 26, 2017, 9:23 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1375
Location: Green Bay, WI
It's literally someone's job now to decide what is "canon" - which is essentially everything since Disney purchased Lucasfilm (films, books, comic books), along with the Rebels & Clone Wars animated series - and to weave it all together. I guess expecting all of the questions to be answered within the films is probably too lofty.

Hopefully Snoke's backstory isn't relegated to some comic book, and maybe we'll get one (or more) Vader standalone movies between Episode III and Rogue One where he's hunting the last of the Jedi and Snoke is revealed to be a secret apprentice of Vader or Sidious.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: December 27, 2017, 10:06 PM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Posts: 20430
I just got back from seeing TLJ in 3D. I typically don't care for 3D, but I thought this was well done. No gimmicky feeling like you're on a theme park ride, or stuff popping out of the screen at you. It wasn't perfect, but overall I enjoyed it (& I wasn't really expecting to). I still wouldn't ever want to have my first viewing of a movie to be in 3D, but it was good.

So if you're a 3D pooh-pooer like me, & you liked TLJ, give it a chance. It was fun.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: January 05, 2018, 12:25 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 596
TooLiveBrew said:
I'm a hard core SW fan, and liked it but didn't love it on the first viewing. Felt the same way walking out of the theater as I did walking out of Rogue One (which I then absolutely loved on a second viewing).

After a second viewing of TLJ, I absolutely loved it, too. Yes there are some things I didn't love (I agree a bit about the casino sequence feeling 'off'), but overall I thought it was great.

+1

After seeing it a second time, I was able to notice a few other details. Of course, I had seen a number of YouTube videos between the viewings which helped, too.

I have read people arguing that the casino scene was support do point out social injustice. Perhaps I'm numb to it, but how would that be different than Indiana Jones, or many other movies.

I believe that Snoke is not dead. How did Rey and Kylo keep their force connection after Snoke died (gotta love the tongue sticking out after he was chopped in half).

Using the Yoda puppet was cool, as well.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: January 05, 2018, 1:27 PM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Posts: 20430
Samurai Bucky said:
TooLiveBrew said:
I'm a hard core SW fan, and liked it but didn't love it on the first viewing. Felt the same way walking out of the theater as I did walking out of Rogue One (which I then absolutely loved on a second viewing).

After a second viewing of TLJ, I absolutely loved it, too. Yes there are some things I didn't love (I agree a bit about the casino sequence feeling 'off'), but overall I thought it was great.
I believe that Snoke is not dead. How did Rey and Kylo keep their force connection after Snoke died (gotta love the tongue sticking out after he was chopped in half).

Great point on that Force connection.

Makes me wonder if maybe Snoke was someone's apprentice? And *that* Sith Lord was the one doing the Rey-Ren connection all along. There's also the moment where Snoke says he can see all of Ren's thoughts, but obviously doesn't see that Ren's rotating Anakin's lightsaber toward him.

That's probably not right, & they just killed Snoke, & that's that. But fun to speculate.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: January 07, 2018, 3:34 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6794
TooLiveBrew said:

Makes me wonder if maybe Snoke was someone's apprentice? And *that* Sith Lord was the one doing the Rey-Ren connection all along. There's also the moment where Snoke says he can see all of Ren's thoughts, but obviously doesn't see that Ren's rotating Anakin's lightsaber toward him.

That's probably not right, & they just killed Snoke, & that's that. But fun to speculate.



I don't do "fan theories" very much, but one that sticks out to me is this one. When Hux comes into the throne room, he asked Kylo Ren what happened, and Ren said that Rey had killed Snoke. Also, Snoke had said that he could see Ren's thoughts. My thought is that Rey was the one that killed Snoke with the lightsaber. Just a thought, and maybe I'm wrong, but it's possible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: January 09, 2018, 2:41 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5048
paul253 said:
I have to admit I’m a little disappointed that we won’t see an actual Kylo-Luke lightsaber battle, considering Kylo destroyed the new Jedi order and all.


That exposition would've been way better than the 30 minutes on Casino Free the Horses planet.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: January 09, 2018, 12:36 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 596
RoCoBrewfan said:

I don't do "fan theories" very much, but one that sticks out to me is this one. When Hux comes into the throne room, he asked Kylo Ren what happened, and Ren said that Rey had killed Snoke. Also, Snoke had said that he could see Ren's thoughts. My thought is that Rey was the one that killed Snoke with the lightsaber. Just a thought, and maybe I'm wrong, but it's possible.

Considered this, I have not. A good theory you have proposed.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Star Wars (SPOILERS LIVE HERE)
Posted: January 09, 2018, 2:03 PM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Posts: 20430
Baldkin said:
paul253 said:
I have to admit I’m a little disappointed that we won’t see an actual Kylo-Luke lightsaber battle, considering Kylo destroyed the new Jedi order and all.


That exposition would've been way better than the 30 minutes on Casino Free the Horses planet.

[laughing]

I'm definitely stealing that

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 186 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test