LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 234 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Sling TV & Cord Cutting

Offline  Re: Sling TV & Cord Cutting
Posted: February 25, 2019, 5:04 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
I HATE Hulu. Always glitches, delay can be bad, always freezing....I would never recommend it. I do not kid you, it makes me made daily. Never a good day with Hulu.

Everyone who I know that has it says the exact same thing. They put up wth it because it is so much cheaper than cable. To me, not worth the hassle.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 25, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
turborickey said:
MrTPlush said:
I HATE Hulu. Always glitches, delay can be bad, always freezing....I would never recommend it. I do not kid you, it makes me made daily. Never a good day with Hulu.

Everyone who I know that has it says the exact same thing. They put up wth it because it is so much cheaper than cable. To me, not worth the hassle.

I would rather have nothing than cable.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 25, 2019, 9:52 PM Post
You can add Philo for $16/month to pick up a bunch of channels Youtube TV doesn't have. When i have time, Im going to test them both for a week. First I have to choose a streaming device, and lots of different opinions on Reddit about the best way to go.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 26, 2019, 11:45 AM Post
I've had DirecTV Now for a while now. While it has its moments of frustration, it has worked out pretty well.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 26, 2019, 12:22 PM Post
Insert my occasional blurb about Playstation Vue here... [tongue]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 26, 2019, 7:02 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
Insert my occasional blurb about Playstation Vue here... [tongue]

I'll second Playstation Vue but some don't like the interface. I like it and that is all that matters.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2019, 8:33 AM Post
Sling has a new deal, $15 per month for 3 months for either the Orange package or Blue package, or $25 per month for both.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/sling-tv-is-on-sale-for-15-a-month-limited-time-offer/

Might be worth switching for 3 months, no MLB Network but savings is probably worth it.

The other caveat for Sling is they don't offer a local CBS station, need antenna for it. With March Madness upon us. CBS All Access is only $6 per month so that's an option I guess, still saving money.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2019, 9:38 AM Post
Based on all the reviews I've seen, not sure why I would try anything other than YouTube TV, and then add Philo if I want a bunch more channels. I could see if I was already using a different streaming service that I'm used to and fine with, why change. But starting fresh sure looks like YTTV is the way to go. (I couldn't deal with no MLB, and quirky using antenna for CBS- two channels I watch for sure.)

I also expect some mergers, etc. in this space by the end of the year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 27, 2019, 10:56 AM Post
Yeah not having MLB network for 3 months with Sling isn't going to be great, but once the promo price runs out I can rejoin YTTV and still have the summer thru playoffs to watch MLB coverage. If I miss some early season stuff I think I can survive it.

If I go with Sling Blue that's $15 (no ESPN either, gulp, but I wouldn't watch it except for live sports anyway and I don't think I'll miss anything), CBS All Access for $6 more if I want to watch March Madness, might not really need to I would only watch Badgers/Marquette related games.

So March $21, April & May $15 each = $51 + tax vs. YTTV $120 + tax. Kind of a no brainer for me I think.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 03, 2019, 4:42 PM Post
I switched to Hulu from Charter about 2 months ago and am loving it so far. About 1/3rd the cost and by and large I have every channel I want. It occasionally is glitchy but not very often. For me it is worth putting up with that for the price. Key is having a good internet connection and I bought the best ROKU player out there. Very happy so far

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 7:45 PM Post
Well we just got notified that YouTubeTV is going up in price. Currently at $39.99 but is going up $10 for everyone and an extra $5 for those of us using AppleTV. $54.99/mo is not that great of a price. But hey, now we’re going to get Discovery and HGTV so it all evens out in the end.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 7:51 PM Post
Point Beer Is Best said:
Well we just got notified that YouTubeTV is going up in price. Currently at $39.99 but is going up $10 for everyone and an extra $5 for those of us using AppleTV. $54.99/mo is not that great of a price. But hey, now we’re going to get Discovery and HGTV so it all evens out in the end.

Are those the only two channels theyre adding? Because $10 isnt bad if theyre adding a bunch of new channels.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 8:02 PM Post
It’s just the Discovery Network channels (Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, and MotorTrend) as well as OWN. None of which we watch.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 8:16 PM Post
The experience you have with any streaming service is highly dependent not just on the ISP but also the television. Hulu for example has compatibility issues with some Sharp models and another brand or two due to the built-in apps a lot of the TVs have. It runs seamlessly on one TV and bugs constantly on another. Sling runs remarkably better on my TV closer to my WiFi router. I have a first-gen Roku on a spare TV in a bedroom and things are very choppy sometimes on that old software.

I don't use streaming because it's cheaper than cable, I use it because the original programming is vastly better. Sling for local sports, the rest of it I could really take it or leave it. $25 Sling + $15 Internet + $9 Netflix is hard to beat. I'd get rid of it all before I got cable.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 8:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
Youtube TV still doesn't have Comedy Central, which is kind of lame. I was hoping that would be added with the price increase.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 11, 2019, 11:32 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I don't use streaming because it's cheaper than cable, I use it because the original programming is vastly better. Sling for local sports, the rest of it I could really take it or leave it. $25 Sling + $15 Internet + $15 Netflix is hard to beat. I'd get rid of it all before I got cable.

Fixed it for you [wink] Price of Netflix is going up, too. Probably in preparation for losing all Disney content soon.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 11, 2019, 12:04 PM Post
Netflix will turn into a thing I buy for like a month a year and binge the things I want to watch. Or I'll find a way to stream it on other sites. 95% of the content they have is garbage.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 11, 2019, 2:37 PM Post
How are you getting internet for 15 a month?

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 11, 2019, 5:24 PM Post
The internet is going to be needed regardless of any streaming service so the cost is not included.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 11, 2019, 6:21 PM Post
Samurai Bucky said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I don't use streaming because it's cheaper than cable, I use it because the original programming is vastly better. Sling for local sports, the rest of it I could really take it or leave it. $25 Sling + $15 Internet + $15 Netflix is hard to beat. I'd get rid of it all before I got cable.

Fixed it for you [wink] Price of Netflix is going up, too. Probably in preparation for losing all Disney content soon.

$9 is the increased price from $8 for long timers. It isn't $15 across the board unless you have 4k/multiple screens.

The Disney service is going to cheap too. Rumor is $5-8.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 234 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply