LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  [ 207 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Sling TV & Cord Cutting

Offline  Re: Sling TV & Cord Cutting
Posted: September 25, 2019, 8:04 PM Post
nate82 said:
Is cable TV now on its death bed with Apple launching a streaming service?

People still don't get all the channels or shows they want with any one streaming service and have to pick and choose. So while cable may be close to death its major flaws have just been shifted to another platform.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 10:55 AM Post
Disney+ will be the death knell to cable. They will eventually acquire so many properties that they'll be basically unstoppable. The only real competitor I see is Netflix continuing to create popular original content. It will take a couple of years, but I hope Netflix keeps it interesting. Disney+ is also the one least likely to price gouge because it can just keep it affordable and use it as leverage to get people to their movies and parks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 11:48 AM Post
I am in the southwest side of Milwaukee and still like getting some channels OTA. They are going to be going to 4K OTA in the next year or so. I have a flat antenna upstairs with a booster, but it doesn't pull in some channels (58 for example). I'm debating about getting a small external antenna and use the cables left behind from the dish. Any suggestions for small, external, non-powered antennas that I could mount to my dish?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 3:57 PM Post
I'm actually rooting against Disney, if they kill Netflix they would be very monopolistic or possibly worse having to shell out $5 for every channel I might want to randomly watch here or there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 5:41 PM Post
My wife and I bought a house in Thiensville and we are now trying to decide what internet/tv deal to do. What a pain. Just seems like every option has crappy cons to it.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2019, 6:46 AM Post
Global Moderator
I'm not that worried about Disney+. They'll never have a show on it like Game of Thrones or any one of HBO's big hits for adults. Chernobyl was by all accounts a pretty sizable hit. Adults may not be going out to the movies, but they certainly still do watch shows geared for adults. And adults pay the bills

Disney+ will likely have a big launch, but their selection announced to date is fairly limited, especially compared to what it could be, and we'll see how invested people actually are in the World of Star Wars as opposed to specific characters, around episode 5 of The Mandalorian.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2019, 6:49 AM Post
Disney owns Hulu which does and will have those kinds of shows. See Handmaid's Tale. They have created Disney content that's exclusive to Hulu and are pretty obviously using that avenue for adult-centric content, so that won't be any kind of hurdle for them. It's not going to happen overnight but they have resources that nobody else does. Disney+ could lose money for years and they could still keep it going as long as they need to.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  [ 207 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply