LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 40  Next  [ 797 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017
Posted: April 21, 2017, 8:05 AM Post
That was a fun game to watch from start to finish. It was the defense, really; great help defense but they were rotating back over to the open man quickly and weren't allowing easy jumpers the way they were at the beginning of the year. How much of it is the team focusing more and how much of it is just losing Parker and his porous defense?

Monroe is still putting out a ton of effort and is really fitting into the team style. It's odd that all of a sudden I wouldn't terribly mind if he used his player option and stayed another year (most likely won't, though).

Didn't envision Maker being like this already. He used to be absolutely lost on defense, but now he's pretty good and is figuring out how to use his length to his advantage. It's kinda funny when he gets the ball at the 3-point line he sometimes gets this hesitation to say "Really? You're going to give me this shot? ok." The Bucks must have an amazing set of coaches to be able to develop raw talent like they've done with him and Giannis. Put another 30 pounds on Maker and it really seems like he could be something special, too. What a fun team to watch.

Giannis is still getting 5' feet of space when he's at the top of the 3. Boy if only he could hit that shot at a reasonable clip he'd be impossible to stop. I think it's going to be surprising if Giannis doesn't at least get some recognition for MVP next year.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017
Posted: April 21, 2017, 8:31 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Thought Maker was at least a year away from playing like this. I mean, just how good is he going to be in two years?

During the first game they said that Maker had been working with Kevin Garnett, and Garnett said that "(Maker) will win a MVP some day" and that "in a couple years (Maker) will be the best 7-footer in the game".

Pretty high praise from someone who never put on a Bucks uniform.

Last edited by LouisEly on April 21, 2017, 8:35 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2017, 8:34 AM Post
Global Moderator
His hands definitely need some work. I think they're kind of small so I question how good a rebounder/post player he will become but as active as he is he can certainly defend the rim and even defend a 4 out on the perimeter.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2017, 9:05 AM Post
Heard that the bucks played the barney theme song when they introduced the raptors yesterday. That is hilarious!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2017, 6:56 PM Post
Dare I suggest that Jabari might be (sorta) on the trading block if anyone would call? Value is probably fairly low so maybe not but as much as i'd like it to work he just is hindering this team when he's out there on flow/defense...its readily apparent now. Maker is going to need his minutes as time goes on too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2017, 8:15 PM Post
Jabari could be a 21st century Rickie Pierce.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2017, 8:57 PM Post
superfly said:
Dare I suggest that Jabari might be (sorta) on the trading block if anyone would call? Value is probably fairly low so maybe not but as much as i'd like it to work he just is hindering this team when he's out there on flow/defense...its readily apparent now. Maker is going to need his minutes as time goes on too.

I hope he's not on the trading block. Dude really loves Milwaukee: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/jabari-parker-milwaukee-bucks-playoffs/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 21, 2017, 10:08 PM Post
jjgott said:
superfly said:

I hope he's not on the trading block. Dude really loves Milwaukee: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/jabari-parker-milwaukee-bucks-playoffs/

That article right there explains he's about team and not I. Pretty amazing writing, you can feel his emotion. I am hoping the team takes it carefully and he doesn't become the next Derrick Rose with his knees. But in this write-up of his, It would sound like he's committed to being a Buck like Giannis.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 22, 2017, 2:07 AM Post
What an amazing turnaround for the Bucks to go from lottery to a wipe out of the #3 seed.

Hammonds has no idea how to judge contracts or sign FAs, but my goodness the man can draft. G, Brogdon, and Maker?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 22, 2017, 6:47 AM Post
Holy smokes....just read the article Jabari wrote and am just stunned by how powerful it was...as a Bucks fan you just have to get choked up by it.....I really hope there are some thunderous Ja-Bar-I chants today

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 22, 2017, 9:08 PM Post
Game 4 about as bad as game 3 was good. Maybe we will just win all the odd games, but hopefully we can pull it off in 6. Would be fun to watch them win the series at home.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 24, 2017, 9:07 AM Post
Global Moderator
Awesome article! When are they thinking he'll be game ready? It might be way too big of a risk, but I almost wonder if it could be a huge payoff to extend him at a discount and see if he takes it. That is if he's healthy after all the rehab. Just a thought. I'm assuming he's going to have lingering issues as he gets older, but could hopefully stay healthy for a couple years while he's young.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2017, 9:46 AM Post
Game 6 tonight.

Lots of cheap tickets on seatgeek. Wish I weren't working on the west side of Madison... I'd be going.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2017, 8:08 PM Post
Jason Terry earned his yearly salary tonight. Exciting game, good experience for a young team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2017, 8:34 PM Post
Hate that it had to end that way. At least get a shot off. Heck, at least inbound it to a buck! It was an exciting comeback though. Giannis was so gassed im amazed he made it to the end.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 27, 2017, 9:37 PM Post
That was such a trash fire ending to a fantastic game. Giannis bruh...MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS! Talk about a brain fart driving a wide open lane with Lowry on him too...and don't forget Middleton's brain farts. Overall I would call it a good season, but man what a terrible way to end it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2017, 9:29 AM Post
what a comeback last night, i think overall they made great strides this season.

i think the one thing that is painfully obvious is that the bucks need to add a shooter in the draft or free agency / trade.

looking at early mock drafts on who could be around i'm looking at Luke Kennard as a good draft pick that could be around at 17.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2017, 10:12 AM Post
Based on what we saw this year, im looking forward to see thon play next year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 28, 2017, 10:18 AM Post
Global Moderator
Tough ending to that as many have said. Giannis can't take that layup with that little of time left. He actually could have taken it to the rack the first time he had the ball and didn't. Oh well. I loved how crazy that place was at the end. I don't know if I've ever seen it like that. Awesome. Hopefully they learn from it and get better next year. Big Things!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017
Posted: April 29, 2017, 3:56 PM Post
I think that a backup PG, specifically Bronson Koenig, would be a really good 2nd round pick. Koenig is definitely a shooter who can create his own shot.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 40  Next  [ 797 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply