LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 40  Next  [ 797 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017

Online  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017
Posted: May 03, 2017, 6:21 PM Post
LouisEly said:
I think that a backup PG, specifically Bronson Koenig, would be a really good 2nd round pick. Koenig is definitely a shooter who can create his own shot.

The Bucks definitely need someone that can shoot the 3 and score off the bench. I thought Vaughn could possibly do that coming into this season but he hasn't really shown all that much of an improvement since being drafted.

I think Monroe is going to opt out of his contract and test free agency and I believe he will find a new home. That then makes Henson or Hawes the backup center on this team and both are worse than Monroe. Monroe is going to be the biggest sore spot for the Bucks if he leaves.

In the first round of the draft hopefully the Bucks can get either Anzejs Pasecniks or Isaiah Hartenstein. With both of those picks they are going to be a project similar to how Maker and Giannis were and are. Hartenstein may not be available when the Bucks pick but Anzejs definitely will be and both feel like a Hammond's pick.

I think the Bucks can get Koenig in the 2nd round or even as an undrafted rookie. Koenig would be a good get to come off the bench in terms of scoring chances but I don't think his defense is going to be all that great in the NBA. I wouldn't be surprised if Hayes gets drafted and Koenig has a better NBA career while not being drafted.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Milwaukee Bucks 2016 - 2017
Posted: May 03, 2017, 9:22 PM Post
Global Moderator
Koenig wasn't invited to the combine. Do non combine invitees normally get drafted?

Speaking of Koenig, I just read he is a cousin of former Brewer Vinny Rotino. Is that true?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 04, 2017, 8:00 AM Post
Koenig being left off the combine isn't that huge of a hit on him. He just doesn't have a NBA future ahead of him. The guy scrapes around barely near 40% shooting for his College career. He brings nothing to the defensive end. Just no way a team takes him in the draft.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 04, 2017, 8:15 AM Post
Global Moderator
Koenig looked faster this year and was able to keep up with most PGs he defended last year. That was after his body transformation effort over the summer prior. But I think that is still his biggest drawback as a PG in the NBA. I don't think he will be fast enough. Maybe he can continue to develop and improve that. And he is too short for SG.

He might be drafted and will (at least) be on someone's training camp roster. But I don't think he will make much of an impact right away. Of course, similar things were said about Brogdon...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 04, 2017, 8:17 AM Post
Koenig is done, he can probably make decent money overseas but i can't see an NBA future for him.

regarding the bucks, i think they have to assume Rashard Vaughn is done, i would look and a Luke Kennard in the 1st and then see if you can get this years Malcom Brogden in Josh Hart in the 2nd.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 04, 2017, 8:31 AM Post
Barring unbelievable workouts, I don't think Koenig will be drafted. I think he winds up in Europe. I'm sure he'll wind up on a summer league roster, and maybe a NBDL stint if he desires, but I'd be surprised if his career ends up in the US. I think Hayes could be a second round pick, I don't think he'll be much of an NBA player either though. I hope the best for both, but I don't have high hopes for either in the NBA. The Bucks could use a shooting PG, hitting FA for one is going to cost them people like Snell/Monroe. Their best bet to keep the team together is through the draft. If they can grab a PG that can shoot, or another 3 and D guy, I'll be happy. I will be unhappy if they go the route of another big, or another big project ala Maker. Their window is opening, it's time to go for it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 04, 2017, 9:42 AM Post
There's really no reason Bronson couldn't hang in the NBA if guys like Delladova, TJ McConnell, and Kirk Heinrich can. First, it comes down to him and how hard he's willing to work and willingness to do more of the role player hustle type stuff. And second, he'd need to somewhat luck into the right situation. I agree he probably won't ever play in a real NBA game, but he has more talent than those guys but who knows if he has the same drive they do. Also, we all know shooting is king right now and BK's shot is perfect. If I'm him I work my tail off to get better at all the little things and at least take a swing in the D league for a year or two before giving up on NBA and taking Euro money. If you can just find a way to get some PT and prove yourself enough to get a FA contract as a backup you're set for life with the cap boom.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 10, 2017, 12:57 PM Post
I don't know why everyone is talking about drafting a SF. Even if Monroe opts in we need a backup C. And if he opts out (likely), we've got nobody. Thon Maker probably isn't ready for 25 minutes per game, isn't big enough yet to play the position, and is better out of the paint because of his catch-up speed. And Henson wasn't even allowed to work up a sweat in games this past season, so it's not like he'll be a good replacement.

We've got so many guards we could more easily slide one of them into the SF position for a while, but really nobody who could slide into the center position.

Here's somebody else's write-up of players who should be available at our draft location:

----------Shooting Guard---------

Terrance Ferguson 19 years old 6'7" 186lbs. Adelaide

Donovan Mitchell 20 years old 6'3" 210lbs. Louisville

Luke Kennard 20 years old 6'6" 202lbs. Duke

-------Small Forwards--------

OG Anunoby 19 years old 6'8" 215lbs. Indiana

Justin Jackson 22 years old 6'8" 193lbs. North Carolina

Rodions Kurucs 19 years old 6'8" 190lbs. Barcelona 2

-----Power Forwards--------

John Collins 19 years old 6'10" 225lbs. Wake Forest

Ivan Rabb 20 years old 6'10" 215lbs. Cal

Isaiah Hartenstein 19 years old 7'0" 225lbs. Zalgiris

TJ Leaf 20 years old 6'10" 220lbs. UCLA

-----Center---------

Zach Collins 19 years old 7'0" 230lbs. Gonzaga

Jarrett Allen 19 years old 6'11" 224lbs. Texas

Ike Anigbogu 18 years old 6'10" 230lbs. UCLA

Justin Patton 19 years old 7'0" 226lbs. Creighton

Harry Giles 19 years old 6'11" 222lbs. Duke (SCHWARTZ CLIENT)

Caleb "cookster123" Swanigan 20 years old 6'9" 247lbs. Purdue

Bam Adebayo 19 years old 6'10" 250lbs. Kentucky

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 10, 2017, 2:34 PM Post
GAME05 said:
I don't know why everyone is talking about drafting a SF.

Position doesn't matter, they need to take best player available. SF, PF, SG...positions don't even matter in the NBA. They can use trades and FA market to fill in any holes, but the draft is for finding high upside guys. When they drafted for need, shooter, they ended up with Vaughn.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2017, 11:02 PM Post
rwa12 said:
If they can grab a PG that can shoot, or another 3 and D guy, I'll be happy. I will be unhappy if they go the route of another big, or another big project ala Maker. Their window is opening, it's time to go for it.

Being we're so low in the draft I am just fine with shots at guys like Giannis/Maker and have no problem with going after another. If we were a top 5-7 pick then it's a different story, but I don't have much interest in taking low upside guys out of the back half of the first round. I'd LOVE to get Fox or Monk, but just don't see it in the cards.

I would bet Rodions Kurucs, Omer Yurtseven, or Diallo from Kentucky are pretty high on our lists.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 13, 2017, 9:48 PM Post
I think Terrence Ferguson is interesting because he's got good length at 6'7 and can shoot. Decent athlete with potential to defend too.

I'd really like to get a couple of big time shooters. The drive and kick based offense would be so much more effective with better shooting.

Harry Giles has had his knees torn up, but he could be a high reward pick at 17. He may be rising above the Bucks pick, though. Huge upside which may fit the Bucks' philosophy.

Diallo is a big time athlete, and like Giles, may be hard to pass up. The issue is he's not known as a shooter, which I feel we really could use with the components we have already.

I think TJ Leaf could be a Michael Dunleavy Jr type of guy. Limited but crafty and can shoot.

Donovan Mitchell and Luke Kennard could be solid second unit guys too. OG Anunoby is interesting because he's got a motor and can flat out defend.

A core of Giannis, Parker, Maker, Middleton, and Brogdon makes me very happy, though. I think Ferguson may be my first choice if we could get him. I don't think a big time point guard gets to 17, which is what I'd really like. After that I might rank them: Giles, Diallo, Mitchell, Anunoby, Leaf, Kennard.

I'd be inclined in the second round to snag a winner like a Frank Mason, Josh Hart, or the kid from So Carolina. I think his name is Thornwell.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 14, 2017, 9:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
So, who are the big international players in the draft this year? That seems to be the Buck's MO.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 16, 2017, 9:07 AM Post
CheezWizHed said:
So, who are the big international players in the draft this year? That seems to be the Buck's MO.

funny that you mention that, i was just going to post this, looks like there is another Thon Maker in this years draft. anyone not think this isn't going to be the pick:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Isa ... ein-81574/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 16, 2017, 9:19 AM Post
Kind of been leaning more and more toward Thornwell from South Car in the 2nd round. Feel like you could probably let Snell go and he could step in pretty much right away as a 3 and D guy, kind of be this year's Brogdon

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 16, 2017, 11:17 AM Post
Global Moderator
patrickgpe said:
CheezWizHed said:

funny that you mention that, i was just going to post this, looks like there is another Thon Maker in this years draft. anyone not think this isn't going to be the pick:

Just so we don't draft him and trade him to Dallas!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2017, 5:06 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
CheezWizHed said:

Hartenstein is someone I think fits the Hammonds type of a draft pick at least with Maker and Giannis. Hartenstein's offense reminds me a little bit of Parker's offense. Terrence Ferguson and Hamidou Diallo are also project like picks and I believe the Bucks have been connected with Diallo as he has done a workout for them. I would prefer Hartenstein over those two.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 12:34 PM Post
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/05/mag ... m=facebook

When Weltman was hired, i was worried this was going to happen. Say what you want about Hammond, for the most part he was a good drafter and when he made free agent mistakes he always seemed to be able to fix them and come out of them OK. i hope McKinney isn't leaving too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 12:50 PM Post
The timing of it isn't ideal with the draft only about a month away. Puts the Bucks in a bit of a bind if he takes anyone with him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 2:41 PM Post
Global Moderator
brwrsfan said:
The timing of it isn't ideal with the draft only about a month away. Puts the Bucks in a bit of a bind if he takes anyone with him.

My guess is they'll promote from within.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 2:46 PM Post
homer said:
brwrsfan said:

My guess is they'll promote from within.

they have a GM in waiting, who was set to take over in the 18-19 season anyway. my concern is that Billy McKinney and Dave Babcock follow John to Orlando, which really puts the bucks behind the 8 ball for next months draft.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 40  Next  [ 797 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply