LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 72 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Winter Weather Thread (2016-19)

Offline  Re: Winter Weather Thread (2016-19)

Posted: January 30, 2019, 9:45 AM Post
40 this weekend. Enjoy the 60 degree warmup!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 30, 2019, 12:31 PM Post
Closer to a 90 degree warmup in what it feels like if you account for the wind chill.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 30, 2019, 1:11 PM Post
Global Moderator
Going through this cold spell has me convinced that people who attended the Ice Bowl in 1967 shouldn't be praised for their hardiness, they should be scorned for their lack of judgment. I cannot imagine any activity in the world that would have me wanting to spend 3 hours out in this kind of cold.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 30, 2019, 3:19 PM Post
Had to go to a Dr appointment this afternoon and ran some errands while I was out. This is no where near the coldest I can remember in my life. My car said -12 but it didn't feel anywhere near that, even with the wind.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 30, 2019, 3:25 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
My car said -12 but it didn't feel anywhere near that, even with the wind.

You were driving around with your windows down?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 31, 2019, 11:31 AM Post
Global Moderator
I went to work today and apparently it was -21 when I left the house. There was barely any wind so I really didn't think it was all that bad. Granted I am only outside for about 7, 8 minutes of my commute (walk, train, bus).

And by the looks of it (knocks on wood) we are literally going to have two weeks of real winter. Obviously, we can still get dumped on with snow but I think the below zero stuff is done. I'm fine with that...I like snow actually.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 31, 2019, 12:23 PM Post
I believe I saw that factoring windchill, we'd be seeing almost a 100 degree swing from Tues/Wed to Sun/Mon. Ridiculous

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 31, 2019, 6:48 PM Post
Screw the Super Bowl MVP, my car's battery is the real MVP. After sitting for a month, it somehow started (barely) last night. Of course this morning I woke up to a flat tire.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 09, 2019, 12:55 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Here in Seattle we had 4-8" of snow overnight, the biggest snowstorm in decades. I got to shovel for the first time since I lived in Wisconsin! Really heavy wet stuff.

Surprisingly the city did fairly well with the heavy snow. Lesson learned from previous disasters. The funniest thing was the run on grocery stores before the storm started.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 10, 2019, 10:15 AM Post
Global Moderator
It looks like La Crosse is going to get 2-4" today and then 8-10" tomorrow night and Tuesday. At least it is February and we only have a couple more months of potential snow.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2019, 7:50 AM Post
The highway 29 corridor has be pummeled by every single storm the past week or so. With Wausau looking to get some of the worst today I am guessing since the first storm started they have gained close to 3 feet of snow. We went from almost nothing up in this area to not knowing where to put it anymore. We are having to snowblow our snow off the driveway, onto the sidewalk, and then around to the other side of the house because there simply is no more room on the other side without burying the neighbors house.

They are new neighbors and don't know it yet, but all that snow in their yard is already so deep when spring rolls around their basement will flood...at this point just trying to not make it any worse.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 21, 2019, 10:38 AM Post
Global Moderator
I know many (MANY) of you are tired of winter, but here in Kingman, AZ we've had a tremendous amount of snow today in just a few hours. My backyard has 13 inches of snow on the ground at 9:00 am. There was ZERO at 3 am when I got up to use the bathroom.

Yes, I know. BIG flippin' whoopty-doo. But here in the desert, this is unprecedented. We had 8 inches on New Years Eve 2014 and I thought that was the best it would ever get here. Wow!

The good thing is a) it's a snow day! No school!!!! b) I don't have to shovel at all (it'll probably all melt by the weekend.)

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 72 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply