LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 70 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Video Games

Offline  Video Games

Posted: December 18, 2016, 5:45 PM Post
I didn't see a thread dedicated to video games in the search, so maybe it would be one of some interest for reviews or comments or whatnot.

I got a PS4 a year ago after a long time of not playing. I'm certainly not any kind of big gamer, but there's really nothing to do around my town, so it fits as a good time-killer. Plus one or two co-workers come over after work and play, so it's helped socially.

I've played a lot of Call of Duty, but just a few days ago I've become hooked on Battlefield 1. It's more intense, the graphics are far better, and I especially like that you can be a contributor to your team without necessarily getting a lot of kills. I'm marginal-to-bad on Call of Duty, but so far I'm middle of the pack in BF1, which for me is great.

I've also been trying to play Dirt Rally. Bought a wheel for it and everything, but still haven't figured out the best settings for it. Still fun, though.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games

Posted: December 19, 2016, 12:37 PM Post
Global Moderator
I also have a ps4 (whiskey7400 .... hmu)

I play Battlefield 1 occasionally. I get more into the campaign mode honestly. Some great set-piece moments.

I play a ton of Overwatch. Closing in on level 200. Probably one of my favorite playstation games of all time. So much better if you have at least 1 or 2 co-op team mates than just a random queued up team.

Probably about 100 hours into No Man's Sky. It's good, not great, and it's certainly not bad, like the hate filled Redditors who say they were 'lied to' by Hello Games want you to believe. The game is super chill, and is even better since they added base building with the latest patch.

Star Wars Battlefront was pretty good but I kind of drifted away form that after they started releasing all the paid DLC.

Pretty sure I'm getting both Infinite Warfare and Skyrim for X-mas.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 19, 2016, 2:50 PM Post
For the PS4 I am just waiting for Mass Effect: Andromeda that is coming out next year at some point.

Everything else I am waiting for is on the PC and that is basically Star Citizen and Squadron 42.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 19, 2016, 3:40 PM Post
I have played all of the COD games since Cod 4 modern warfare, so I have been pretty overwhelmed playing the remastered version of COD. I am just tired of the jumping and boosting that comes with the new cod games, so I havent even played a minute of infinite warfare(this is from someone who was max prestige in every COD game except the last one). I was tempted to buy Battlefield, but friends of mine say it gets tiresome quickly, although, COD is similar in that aspect.

I also play Madden and The Show as well as RPGs when I have the time. I am currently playing FFXV and I am enjoying it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 19, 2016, 4:33 PM Post
Overwatch is definitely worth the money. I stopped playing a few months ago, but would like to jump back in at some point.

Rocket League is another game I hate to admit the amount of time I've spent playing.

Playing through Dishonored: Definitive Edition, since I was intrigued by the ads and previews for the sequel. Game feels like Assassin's Creed with superpowers, in a Bioshock Infinite -esque dystopia...not a bad combo.
That said, the back half of the game is getting tedious, since I've tried to play stealth. There was a sweet spot in the middle missions when I knew enough to use cover to avoid detection, but the later levels pump up the number of hostiles looking for you, and took away a good deal of your ability to hide in the level design. I have a little over a level remaining in the game, and I'm increasingly interested in being done with it. Anti-climactic as it's been, I've definitely got my $10 out of it.

FFXV is one of the games I was holding off on playing until I bought my new TV (this past weekend). More than a little nervous it's not going to live up to the FF brand of my childhood, but I'm just hoping it's better than XIII (and 13-2...which I gave up on halfway through. Never went back for the 3rd game).

Invisible, Inc. is a turn-based, stealth/strategy game that I'm looking forward to trying out. It's one of this month's free games for PS+ subscribers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 19, 2016, 5:03 PM Post
I like games that have a quality story behind it. I usually fall into the more historical games as well as NHL and MLB. Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption. Just played Mafia III and that was fun. PS4 guy here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 19, 2016, 6:34 PM Post
I'm a PC gamer, and I've become mildly addicted with a game called Factorio.

You build a factory, automate some stuff, automate more stuff, make trains to help you automate even more stuff and then suddenly it's 2am.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 19, 2016, 7:27 PM Post
Baldkin said:
I'm a PC gamer, and I've become mildly addicted with a game called Factorio.

You build a factory, automate some stuff, automate more stuff, make trains to help you automate even more stuff and then suddenly it's 2am.

Sound a lot like Civilization. After the first couple hours OK one more turn and I will be done. A few more hours later OK one more turn and I will be done. Looks at clock dang it I have to get ready for work now well one more turn won't hurt.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 19, 2016, 9:33 PM Post
stoutdude, maybe we'll have to set up shareplay so you can try out Battlefield for a while.

Black Ops III was my first COD game and I got a bit sick of the jumping around, too. I've seen videos of BOIII people making it all the way around a map without ever touching the ground. A friend of mine will only ever play Call of Duty. Refuses any other game, I guess because he's good at COD and pretty bad at anything else, as if anyone cares how good he is or not.

But if anyone plays a lot of Call of Duty and is looking to get better, I highly recommend Captain Shock's youtube videos.

The simple/cheap game my friends and I are addicted to is BlazeRush. A lot of fun as a couch multiplayer game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 20, 2016, 8:17 AM Post
bjkrautk said:

FFXV is one of the games I was holding off on playing until I bought my new TV (this past weekend). More than a little nervous it's not going to live up to the FF brand of my childhood, but I'm just hoping it's better than XIII (and 13-2...which I gave up on halfway through. Never went back for the 3rd game).

Invisible, Inc. is a turn-based, stealth/strategy game that I'm looking forward to trying out. It's one of this month's free games for PS+ subscribers.

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XV ... FX40Q&th=1

one day only sale for FFXV

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 20, 2016, 8:24 AM Post
GAME05 said:
stoutdude, maybe we'll have to set up shareplay so you can try out Battlefield for a while.

How does shareplay work? I have never done it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 20, 2016, 11:42 AM Post
[/quote]

How does shareplay work? I have never done it.[/quote]

I've never done it, either. But as I understand so long as one person owns the game and has PS Plus (at least I think they have to have PS+), you connect with another person who doesn't have to own the game and they can play it. You're booted after an hour, but you can just re-connect and get another hour. But maybe someone who has done it before could correct me on it.

My online name is "mattresspad".

https://www.playstation.com/en-in/get-h ... -it-works/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 20, 2016, 11:48 AM Post
GAME05 said:

HAH! How was that name not taken already?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 20, 2016, 6:55 PM Post
I think I might give up on consoles. I had to(kind of) build a good computer for school so I built one that can handle pretty much any game even VR.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 20, 2016, 7:43 PM Post
logan82 said:
I think I might give up on consoles. I had to(kind of) build a good computer for school so I built one that can handle pretty much any game even VR.

Welcome to the PC Master Race.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 20, 2016, 7:48 PM Post
Console prices are out of control and you can get so many games on pc anymore. I also do not keep up on games like I used to so I can wait them out.

I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 20, 2016, 8:18 PM Post
I bought a cheap laptop a few years ago without thinking that some games I play may not be compatible (it has an integrated graphics card...won't make that mistake again). I'm considering buying something that can actually handle games other than Civ4, but price is somewhat hindering that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 20, 2016, 8:38 PM Post
$1000 will build a computer that will play anything. You can probably do better than that if you try. The graphics card is a good percentage of the cost.

I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 20, 2016, 10:02 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm looking into trying that Playstation streaming service. As a PC gamer (don't own any consoles, unless you count my old Sega Saturn), I've always wanted to have Rockstar Games put Red Dead Redemption on PC. Since I don't think that's ever going to happen, I guess I could stream the game to my PC and play it that way.

Anybody have any experience with their service? (Can't think of what it's called. . . Playstation Now? is that it?)

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 21, 2016, 8:36 AM Post
Are you thinking of Playstation Vue? We got it when we cut the cord a few months ago. Very good decision.

BTW: you don't need a Playstation to use it. We use Roku Sticks. Funny how they don't have an app for that on the XBox One... [tongue]

PC vs. Console is cyclical. I remember playing the Star Wars games (XWing vs. Tie Fighter for example) on a PC. Then as the consoles improved, I spent more time playing on a Wii or XBox. Part of the allure to the console is the ability to easily play with multiple people at the same time. 20 years ago, there weren't very good game controllers for the PC (I think I still have my first USB gaming controller).

I have heard some of the younger guys at work use a service called Steam. Has anybody used that? How is the selection and the service?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 70 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply