LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Video Games

Offline  Re: Video Games
Posted: November 30, 2020, 1:40 PM Post
AKCheesehead said:
I'm considering ordering the oculus quest 2 I have been seeing all this hype about. I've been wanting to get some kind of VR system for a long time and the quest 2 seems like it would get me in at a much lower price point than getting the whole PSVR system. I haven't had much luck figuring out if it's a viable system for offline use. I realize some games where you play with other people you'd need to be online for sure, but what about the rest? I could take it to work and install games and updates as needed no problem, we have a big pipe there. At home is a different story, I get 30gb/month so I don't even bother with wifi, just ethernet into the laptop.
Also, do you have to be signed into facebook on the thing in order to play?

Please see this video:

https://youtu.be/Bl5eBtDqAXE

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2020, 2:02 PM Post
JosephC said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. One of the things that interest me about Strategic Command: WWII World At War is that is the triggering of certain events AND the fact that some scenarios play out contradicting history...I can understand why that is a big turnoff for many but it seems like it would add to replay value which is something I'm interested in.

I'll have to check out some video for the War in the Pacific game and see if I might be interested in switching and getting that one instead. Thanks again.

Hey JosephC

If you're interested, War in the Pacific is now $16 instead of the usual $80 for their Christmas Sale.

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/war-in-the-pacific-admirals-edition

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2020, 2:31 PM Post
Thanks nate82, that was pretty informative. They didn't really touch on my dilemma regarding wifi, and that's always tough for me when dealing with products, as most seem to go with the assumption of unlimited and fast wifi everywhere. The product looks very cool aside from the whole facebook thing. Has anyone here gotten one and care to chime in thoughts?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2020, 3:14 PM Post
I only have the PSVR. Assuming you have a great computer to be able to run the Oculus, I do like that as opposed to the PSVR because Oculus will come out with a new headset more often.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 30, 2020, 3:32 PM Post
AKCheesehead said:
Thanks nate82, that was pretty informative. They didn't really touch on my dilemma regarding wifi, and that's always tough for me when dealing with products, as most seem to go with the assumption of unlimited and fast wifi everywhere. The product looks very cool aside from the whole facebook thing. Has anyone here gotten one and care to chime in thoughts?

I don't have one and don't know anyone who does but you should be able to hookup to any kind of wifi and download from there. I am not sure if you always have to be connected to wifi I wouldn't think you would have to. I did find this on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/co ... 2_offline/

It looks like there is an offline mode that can be used.

GAME05 said:
I only have the PSVR. Assuming you have a great computer to be able to run the Oculus, I do like that as opposed to the PSVR because Oculus will come out with a new headset more often.

The Quest 2 doesn't need a PC to run it. The processor it has is a beefier version of what you find in tablets and phones.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 01, 2020, 8:21 AM Post
nate82 said:
The Quest 2 doesn't need a PC to run it. The processor it has is a beefier version of what you find in tablets and phones.

That's awesome. I may look into that in a few years. My flat gaming has just about died because I like VR so much more, but I don't love VR so much that I want to buy a $400 PS5 just to buy a $400 PSVR2 when it comes out.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply