LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 70 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Video Games

Author Message
Offline  Re: Video Games
#41

Posted: January 05, 2018, 12:26 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2914
I've also heard Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare has a great single-player campaign. I actually own the game but haven't played the single-player yet. I've played the campaign for Black Ops III and it wasn't anything special. But you've got older iterations like Ghosts which you could probably get for a decent price.
---------

I brought my Playstation VR machine home for Christmas and it was pretty fun to see the reactions people had to it. Everyone thought it was pretty neat and a lot of funny moments. I went into YouTube and loaded up some VR roller coaster videos and my brother had the idea that we should all stand up and watch it. It wasn't easy to keep your balance.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#42

Posted: February 18, 2018, 2:27 PM Post
Posts: 4198
What a flippin waste of a prized Christmas XBox gift for my daughter and I. The first gaming sytem Ive ever bought happens to be XBox One S. Included (huge selling point for daughter) was a Just Dance game of which you use a Kinect Sensor to play. I get a Kinect. Its plug in is made only for original One and not the S version. Yeah they seriously modified a back of system plug to not fit something that is used to play games with the console! Genius aspect #2, they stopped making this 1 adapter just after Christmas. Which finding out today, with my Kinect awaiting to be plugged in, came with Sold out on Microsoft page. $40 was Their purchase price. So outside sources to acquire this? Ebay for $300! Needs to be a lawsuit made out of this, as at no time buying the XBox Console and including a Game using a Kinect was I warned that I couldnt play this game on my console because impossible to connect a Kinect because of their stupidity to change ability to plug it in. Oh, and cease producing what fixes this problem! At same month this product is being bought for the XMas season.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#43

Posted: February 19, 2018, 8:20 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5115
Location: Phoenix, AZ
brewcrewdue80 said:
What a flippin waste of a prized Christmas XBox gift for my daughter and I. The first gaming sytem Ive ever bought happens to be XBox One S. Included (huge selling point for daughter) was a Just Dance game of which you use a Kinect Sensor to play. I get a Kinect. Its plug in is made only for original One and not the S version. Yeah they seriously modified a back of system plug to not fit something that is used to play games with the console! Genius aspect #2, they stopped making this 1 adapter just after Christmas. Which finding out today, with my Kinect awaiting to be plugged in, came with Sold out on Microsoft page. $40 was Their purchase price. So outside sources to acquire this? Ebay for $300! Needs to be a lawsuit made out of this, as at no time buying the XBox Console and including a Game using a Kinect was I warned that I couldnt play this game on my console because impossible to connect a Kinect because of their stupidity to change ability to plug it in. Oh, and cease producing what fixes this problem! At same month this product is being bought for the XMas season.


Google is your friend took 1 minute to find one for 39.99.

https://m.gamestop.com/product/accessor ... ter/132874


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#44

Posted: February 19, 2018, 9:59 AM Post
Posts: 4198
nate82 said:
brewcrewdue80 said:
What a flippin waste of a prized Christmas XBox gift for my daughter and I. The first gaming sytem Ive ever bought happens to be XBox One S. Included (huge selling point for daughter) was a Just Dance game of which you use a Kinect Sensor to play. I get a Kinect. Its plug in is made only for original One and not the S version. Yeah they seriously modified a back of system plug to not fit something that is used to play games with the console! Genius aspect #2, they stopped making this 1 adapter just after Christmas. Which finding out today, with my Kinect awaiting to be plugged in, came with Sold out on Microsoft page. $40 was Their purchase price. So outside sources to acquire this? Ebay for $300! Needs to be a lawsuit made out of this, as at no time buying the XBox Console and including a Game using a Kinect was I warned that I couldnt play this game on my console because impossible to connect a Kinect because of their stupidity to change ability to plug it in. Oh, and cease producing what fixes this problem! At same month this product is being bought for the XMas season.


Google is your friend took 1 minute to find one for 39.99.

https://m.gamestop.com/product/accessor ... ter/132874


I'll try thanks! Not an online purchase item on in-store pickup. Good Luck me as there's 1 store in my city or else it's hour drive to Milwaukee stores.

Edit add w/o posting a new. GameStop here and within 100miles(including Milwaukee) no longer carries this adaptor in their warehouses.

Looks like I'll be in the market for a used XBox one since will be far cheaper than this adaptor alone.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#45

Posted: February 19, 2018, 4:08 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5115
Location: Phoenix, AZ
brewcrewdue80 said:

I'll try thanks! Not an online purchase item on in-store pickup. Good Luck me as there's 1 store in my city or else it's hour drive to Milwaukee stores.

Edit add w/o posting a new. GameStop here and within 100miles(including Milwaukee) no longer carries this adaptor in their warehouses.

Looks like I'll be in the market for a used XBox one since will be far cheaper than this adaptor alone.


Hmmm it was available this morning. But buying a used Xbox one is probably better anyways you are not missing all that much with the original Xbox One versus the S version. It is probably to late to return the system that you ordered. Might be able to get them to give you credit if you bought it at a store like GameStop and have them exchange it for a used Xbox One.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#46

Posted: February 19, 2018, 6:09 PM Post
Posts: 4198
Oh the google and gamestop website listed the Adaptor available for sale. The site then listed only available in stores not via web. At the store the woman told me its been discontinued and no longer in Gamestops warehouses. Then her 100mile instore locator said it wasnt in any of the stores.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#47

Posted: March 07, 2018, 12:43 PM Post
Posts: 621
Anyone playing MMOs at all? I've been playing Black Desert Online again after quitting it for 15 months. Haven't been able to find one that looks as good, and has as good gameplay as it does.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#48

Posted: March 08, 2018, 9:56 AM Post
Posts: 2812
istanbultaye said:
Anyone playing MMOs at all? I've been playing Black Desert Online again after quitting it for 15 months. Haven't been able to find one that looks as good, and has as good gameplay as it does.


I'm not, but I have been looking for one as well. A lot of my friends play FF14, but I don't feel like starting on an olderish game. I would like to start something fresh.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#49

Posted: March 08, 2018, 11:23 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10805
Location: Milwaukee, WI
The new Far Cry game looks like it might be a lot of fun. Comes out March 27th.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#50

Posted: March 08, 2018, 11:32 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5115
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Subnautica is a good game not an MMO but it is a really good game.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#51

Posted: August 10, 2018, 4:17 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2914
Playstation VR has a new virtual DJ game out called Electronauts. I don't normally even like that kind of music, but darn that was fun!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#52

Posted: August 11, 2018, 11:49 AM Post
Posts: 4239
I'm an OG (original gamer) my first game was pong and I've played ever since. My first computer game was Civilization on a Tandy before windows came out. It took an hour for the intro to play the first time I played it. Have had every version of Civ since. I like strategy games like Civ as well as open world games with some amount of story line with them. The Witcher, Fallout, Skyrim stuff like that.
I've finally set up my desk so I can pedal an excesie bike while playing. I fell less guilty that way and average about 20 miles a day now.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#53

Posted: August 11, 2018, 4:22 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2148
I don't know how I'm going to get through Octopath Traveler for the Switch between now and the time Spider-Man comes out for the PS4...but I'm going to enjoy trying!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#54

Posted: August 11, 2018, 4:37 PM Post
Posts: 1801
Any of you guys do livestreaming? I can't seem to get a grasp of it in my head as someone who hasn't gamed a ton recently why people actually pay to watch video gaming, but my friend keeps telling me about all the money he's making. Not $50 either...more like $500. Few weeks back he made $1700 in about 12 hours worth of "work."

Really makes me wonder why I work a 9/5. LOL


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#55

Posted: August 12, 2018, 9:42 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5115
Location: Phoenix, AZ
superfly said:
Any of you guys do livestreaming? I can't seem to get a grasp of it in my head as someone who hasn't gamed a ton recently why people actually pay to watch video gaming, but my friend keeps telling me about all the money he's making. Not $50 either...more like $500. Few weeks back he made $1700 in about 12 hours worth of "work."

Really makes me wonder why I work a 9/5. LOL


Personality helps and it can take a while to get a following. Some people make up to a couple $100k a year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#56

Posted: August 12, 2018, 11:03 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2914
I've seen news articles which said the same thing, that the top top people make six figures. But it also means playing 12-14 hours per day on Twitch and maintaining an active Youtube account. Also helps to be good at the game, have a good personality and/or be female.

I've watched a little bit of Twitch. Battlefield is a favorite game of mine, so there's one person on there who streams daily but also doesn't cuss while playing. It's neat watching someone play who is a world better than me. Or I'll use it to watch a stream of a game I'm thinking about buying to see what it's really like.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#57

Posted: August 13, 2018, 8:05 AM Post
Posts: 339
bjkrautk said:
I don't know how I'm going to get through Octopath Traveler for the Switch between now and the time Spider-Man comes out for the PS4...but I'm going to enjoy trying!


Takes less time than I would have expected. I've just got H'aanit's Chapter Four to go and the post game and have been mostly just wandering aimlessly and enjoying the world. I kinda hoped it would be harder but so far the only times I've died have been when I tried to fight the secret shrine bosses at like level 25 and when I blow myself up with Bewildering Grace.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#58

Posted: August 13, 2018, 1:10 PM Post
Posts: 621
When I played World of Tanks for awhile a few years back, I would watch some of the good player's live streams. It was pretty much the best way to learn how to not play like an idiot. I have watched YouTube vids of Minecraft since I play modpacks, and that's a good way to learn about the different mods. Outside of that, I'd generally rather play whatever game than watch someone else play it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#59

Posted: August 13, 2018, 1:10 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 297
nate82 said:
superfly said:
Any of you guys do livestreaming? I can't seem to get a grasp of it in my head as someone who hasn't gamed a ton recently why people actually pay to watch video gaming, but my friend keeps telling me about all the money he's making. Not $50 either...more like $500. Few weeks back he made $1700 in about 12 hours worth of "work."

Really makes me wonder why I work a 9/5. LOL


Personality helps and it can take a while to get a following. Some people make up to a couple $100k a year.

Ninja is reportedly making $500k a month. He's definitely an exception but the dude is on fire right now and has been for around a year riding the Fortnite popularity wave.

Honestly, type ninja in google. He's the first thing that comes up, the guy has hijacked the word. If you want to learn about actual ninjas you have to type in more keywords to get the information you want. Crazy.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#60

Posted: September 01, 2018, 6:16 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2914
After Bravo Team was a total bomb for Playstation VR, Firewall Zero Hour has come out and has been an immediate success, especially being basically the first FPS game on a VR platform. Good to see. We'll see in a month or so, though, as VR servers tend to become deserts immediately. Only one game style right now, but I hear the developers already have another game type built, but they don't want to fracture the playerbase until they know for sure if there will be enough people online.

I've only played a little bit of it so far, and nothing online yet. I tend to get jumpy when I see an enemy with every new FPS I play, and it's been especially so in VR, so I want to play against the computer some until I relax more.

Still hesitant about what the online commentary is going to be like, because I've quit playing games like Call of Duty because the people online were so terrible. Hearing a young kid yell racist stuff the whole match or having to listen to someone's music, or bad players getting called out after every match really takes the fun out of online play.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 70 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wallus and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test