LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 78 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Video Games

Author Message
Offline  Re: Video Games
#61

Posted: September 03, 2018, 8:46 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5236
Location: Phoenix, AZ
So excited for CyberPunk 2077. I would link the video here but the video is NSFW. There is a 40 minute gameplay on YouTube from gamecom if you want to watch it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#62

Posted: September 08, 2018, 7:00 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 13922
Location: Wisconsin
I have Battlefield V pre-ordered. Not sure what to think of it at this point. In half the clips, you can barely even tell the game is set in Word War II. I'm worried they've decided to go all in for the Fortnite crowd, and it's going to be way too different for me.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#63

Posted: September 08, 2018, 11:10 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5236
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Invader3K said:
I have Battlefield V pre-ordered. Not sure what to think of it at this point. In half the clips, you can barely even tell the game is set in Word War II. I'm worried they've decided to go all in for the Fortnite crowd, and it's going to be way too different for me.


I have been playing the beta a little bit on the PC and it is OK. Feels more like a mix of BF3 and Fortnite. The airplanes suck they feel like they are flying bricks but then again I am more a flight sim person so that maybe the problem there. I am expecting the 109 to be fast and nimble by using its superior roll rate and the Spitfire to also be fast but to be more nimble by using its superior turn rate compared to the 109. In the current beta the 109 performs like a spitfire and the Spitfire performs like I don't know a brink with an engine attached to it maybe.

All of the planes are slow and don't really move all that well. Probably will be fixed later on. Tanks are balanced nicely but infantry AT weapons are way to powerful and have way to much ammo. The maps play more like BF3 which is nice with some base building elements mixed in. This game would fit in more along with a battlefield bad company than in the normal battlefield gameplay. I believe EA missed the mark on this one as the gameplay is more battlefield bad company than it is the normal battlefield gameplay (a little bit more realistic).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#64

Posted: September 09, 2018, 7:32 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 13922
Location: Wisconsin
Hmmm. We'll have to see then. I've been playing Battlefield 1 a lot lately, and really enjoy it. Sounds like V is going to be quite the shock to the system.

I have the Beta downloaded on PS4, but the first day I tried it, I couldn't get into any of the servers. Hopefully they've resolved those issues. I'll have to give it another shot.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#65

Posted: September 20, 2018, 12:52 AM Post
Posts: 339
As a huge fan of Rockstar games with all the GTA games and the original Red Dead I absolutely cannot wait for October! New RDR looks freaking amazing!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#66

Posted: October 12, 2018, 4:49 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5236
Location: Phoenix, AZ
So far this game has Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill, Gary Oldman, and now Henry Cavill!




 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#67

Posted: October 25, 2018, 4:38 AM Post
Posts: 4
Location: Atlanta, GA
rondoman said:
As a huge fan of Rockstar games with all the GTA games and the original Red Dead I absolutely cannot wait for October! New RDR looks freaking amazing!

And here it comes! Now I just need to stay alive until the friday evening. This was a hard week for me [laughing]
Also, you've pre-ordered a physical copy or got a digital one?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#68

Posted: October 26, 2018, 10:34 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2986
When it was released, Firewall Zero Hour was the best game on PSVR. But players have now discovered, that if they're the host for their team, they can leave the console on and just walk away, accruing points for themselves on a winning or losing team, even though they never participated in the game. It's been happening a lot.

Astro Bot just came out for the PSVR and a lot of people are calling it the game that finally starts to sell VR units, it's supposed to be that good. Though PSVR is two years old now and it would seem that people have already made up their minds whether they're going to get one or not.

I like mine and barely ever play 2-D games anymore, but at the same time I play games much less now. You have to be so much more active playing VR and usually I just want to sit and relax. The next iteration is expected to come out in two years with the PS5, but it's going to be a tough sell to be spending $800 for both the new console and the new VR headset.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#69

Posted: October 26, 2018, 2:10 PM Post
Posts: 332
I've got my hard copy of Red Dead!! Ready for a weekend of lazy video gaming! !


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#70

Posted: October 27, 2018, 12:41 PM Post
Posts: 635
8+ years after building my current PC, I have pulled the trigger on a new one... upgrading from a Sailboat to a UFO, per userbenchmarks! [smile]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#71

Posted: December 24, 2018, 9:21 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 863
Location: bush Alaska
GAME05 said:
When it was released, Firewall Zero Hour was the best game on PSVR. But players have now discovered, that if they're the host for their team, they can leave the console on and just walk away, accruing points for themselves on a winning or losing team, even though they never participated in the game. It's been happening a lot.

Astro Bot just came out for the PSVR and a lot of people are calling it the game that finally starts to sell VR units, it's supposed to be that good. Though PSVR is two years old now and it would seem that people have already made up their minds whether they're going to get one or not.

I like mine and barely ever play 2-D games anymore, but at the same time I play games much less now. You have to be so much more active playing VR and usually I just want to sit and relax. The next iteration is expected to come out in two years with the PS5, but it's going to be a tough sell to be spending $800 for both the new console and the new VR headset.


I've been doing some research on VR ever since my girlfriend and I played once this last fall and had a fun time. Neither of us are gamers but I think something that got us up off the couch and moving and competing and/or being teammates would be a lot of fun. I see the PS4 vr system gets good reviews. Can you run more than one headset off of one console for the games?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#72

Posted: December 24, 2018, 9:29 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5236
Location: Phoenix, AZ
AKCheesehead said:
GAME05 said:
When it was released, Firewall Zero Hour was the best game on PSVR. But players have now discovered, that if they're the host for their team, they can leave the console on and just walk away, accruing points for themselves on a winning or losing team, even though they never participated in the game. It's been happening a lot.

Astro Bot just came out for the PSVR and a lot of people are calling it the game that finally starts to sell VR units, it's supposed to be that good. Though PSVR is two years old now and it would seem that people have already made up their minds whether they're going to get one or not.

I like mine and barely ever play 2-D games anymore, but at the same time I play games much less now. You have to be so much more active playing VR and usually I just want to sit and relax. The next iteration is expected to come out in two years with the PS5, but it's going to be a tough sell to be spending $800 for both the new console and the new VR headset.


I've been doing some research on VR ever since my girlfriend and I played once this last fall and had a fun time. Neither of us are gamers but I think something that got us up off the couch and moving and competing and/or being teammates would be a lot of fun. I see the PS4 vr system gets good reviews. Can you run more than one headset off of one console for the games?


I don't believe you can. Only one per console.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#73

Posted: December 24, 2018, 9:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 863
Location: bush Alaska
Thanks. I'm assuming at least if one person is using the vr the other can see what they are seeing on the tv screen hopefully? Also, this might sound silly, but if there are any vr gamers here, is injury or property damage a big concern? I see the Creed: Rise to Glory game being hyped and that sounds cool but then I think what if one of us gets disoriented and puts their fist through the picture window.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#74

Posted: December 25, 2018, 6:22 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2986
Yeah, only one headset on a console and there's basically no games where one uses the headset and the other uses a regular controller. But yes, what the person sees in the VR headset gets displayed on the tv for anyone else to see.

Five square feet of space is roughly what you'd want playing a VR game. I've been able to reign that in the more I play. I've also seen brand new people to VR use a good bit more room because they move around more--it takes some people a bit to realize they don't have to physically walk toward something in a game. I've seen people fall, so take the coffee table away until you get your legs. It's more fun to stand up and play, but you can also put a chair in front of the camera and sit on that if there's worries about falling. I've bumped into my overhead lamp once, lightly touched a wall, but haven't hit anything hard or broken anything. But I have heard of people punching their televisions playing Creed. Unless you're in a space that is particularly cramped, injury or punching things isn't a tremendous concern. I've begun standing on a bath mat so that I can tell when I've stepped off my mark without looking.

Since you can't have dual headsets, I can't think of too many games off the top of my head which would be particularly competitive against another person in the room.

If you don't care about regular video games at all, something like the Oculus or the Vive might be a better VR unit instead of the PS4 because you wouldn't have to buy a pricey video game console just for VR. I'm not sure about the particular computer processing requirements for those headsets, though.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#75

Posted: December 25, 2018, 8:19 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 863
Location: bush Alaska
Thanks Game, that helps somewhat. For me, I don't see getting a full blown rig that would run an Oculus or the like. My understanding is that it would take a pretty respectable computer to do it. It'd be an investment and we don't have a ton of room. I think we'd have fun with the VR even if we couldn't play head to head. It will also be important not to need wifi since we don't have it at home, and even if we did, the wifi where I live is very expensive, somewhat slow with limited bandwidth and it is metered stingily. I'm hoping I'd be able to take the unit with me to work from time to time to download games or updates after hours. That or purchase games at the store.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#76

Posted: December 28, 2018, 10:43 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2200
Hot take: Spider-Man on PS4 is a really fun game.

(I'm not particularly good at the combat - I'm just now coming to realize they expect you to be web-swinging around rather than endless punching, at least for the boss fights - but it's the first game in awhile where I've enjoyed the open world aspects of the game enough to put the main story on hold while I try to take photographs of NY landmarks from mid-air...and then end up disappointed with myself when the Sanctum Sanctorum looks blurry. My completion percentage is in the 20's, but I suspect much of that is collectibles.)


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#77

Posted: April 13, 2019, 10:31 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 5399
I'm trying to get my brother's game of Saints Row 4 to work properly. Running FRAPS we see he has frame rate of 5-6 FPS during the intro movies and the main menu, as well as the game itself.

We put all the video settings at low, even though his computer easily exceeds the recommended specs. We've also deactivated the steam overlay, have it running as an administrator, etc. etc. In other words, we've done our due diligence of google searches for recommended fixes and tried them all.

Interestingly, we put the game into windowed mode, and then alt-tabbed out of the game to check stuff and, suddenly, the FPS shot up into the 100s FPS! But as soon as he alt-tabs back into the game, it plummets back to 5-6 FPS.

Frustrating to say the least! Any other ideas out there? Could there be something that is NOT video card related that could be "interfering" with the game running properly? I know this is a shot in the dark, asking here, but haven't received many hits in the forums for a 5+ year old game.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Video Games
#78

Posted: April 14, 2019, 8:39 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5236
Location: Phoenix, AZ
pitchleague said:
I'm trying to get my brother's game of Saints Row 4 to work properly. Running FRAPS we see he has frame rate of 5-6 FPS during the intro movies and the main menu, as well as the game itself.

We put all the video settings at low, even though his computer easily exceeds the recommended specs. We've also deactivated the steam overlay, have it running as an administrator, etc. etc. In other words, we've done our due diligence of google searches for recommended fixes and tried them all.

Interestingly, we put the game into windowed mode, and then alt-tabbed out of the game to check stuff and, suddenly, the FPS shot up into the 100s FPS! But as soon as he alt-tabs back into the game, it plummets back to 5-6 FPS.

Frustrating to say the least! Any other ideas out there? Could there be something that is NOT video card related that could be "interfering" with the game running properly? I know this is a shot in the dark, asking here, but haven't received many hits in the forums for a 5+ year old game.


Only thing I can think of is a video card driver issue. Are you using a laptop or a desktop? If you are using a laptop make sure the game is using the actual video card and not the motherboard's video. I know stupid but it happens a lot.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 78 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test