LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 138 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

All Things Hockey:

Offline  Re: All Things Hockey:
Posted: April 08, 2017, 5:18 PM Post
Brew4U said:
UMD alum here (bigger Badger fan though) but hoping for a big W tonight.

I'm glad to see two NCHC teams playing for the title. I'll also be pulling for Duluth - just because I want Nodak to get to 9 before Denver gets to 8. [smile]

Enjoy the game. Go Bulldogs!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 08, 2017, 8:48 PM Post
UMD's radio announcer used to post here though it's been a long time.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=325

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 09, 2017, 7:20 AM Post
Good ole Bruce. Good effort by the Dogs but Denver looked like the better team. Oh well, On Wisconsin anyways.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 09, 2017, 9:38 AM Post
Brew4U - I'm curious as to why you don't have the same fondness for UMD hockey as you do for the Badgers? I like UW hockey (thanks PBS) and all of the old WCHA teams, but Duluth has been a top 10 program for the last decade and I don't think they're going away anytime soon.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 09, 2017, 12:39 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
Brew4U - I'm curious as to why you don't have the same fondness for UMD hockey as you do for the Badgers? I like UW hockey (thanks PBS) and all of the old WCHA teams, but Duluth has been a top 10 program for the last decade and I don't think they're going away anytime soon.

I went there to play baseball. Never really cared much about their athletic teams before attending the school. I grew up 10 minutes from the campus but have just always been a bigger Badger fan when it comes to all sports. It's nothing against them by any means, as I root for them in situations like last night. But deep down, I just don't care all that much if they win or lose.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 12, 2017, 5:31 AM Post
NHL playoffs start tonight. Let's go Blues!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 12, 2017, 8:17 AM Post
Brew4U said:

I would love to cheer for them...but, not in this series!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 12, 2017, 8:32 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
Brew4U said:

Wild fan? Should be a good series.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 12, 2017, 8:46 AM Post
Brew4U said:
stoutdude04 said:
Brew4U said:

Yea, Wild and Sharks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 13, 2017, 8:03 AM Post
Brew4U said:
stoutdude04 said:
Brew4U said:

Good first game to watch! Wild dominated play, but Allen was the best player on the ice(somehow only got 2nd star of the game). Frustrating loss and one that could come back to bite the Wild.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 13, 2017, 9:45 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
Good first game to watch! Wild dominated play, but Allen was the best player on the ice(somehow only got 2nd star of the game). Frustrating loss and one that could come back to bite the Wild.

Wild dominated, and this is not to take away from Allen, but they did not do a good job of getting quality shots. Of the 52 shots Allen face, maybe half were of decent quality? Too many just flick shots from the side boards for them. On their PP, and I haven't watched them all that much but they just throw everything at the net and hope something sticks. Last nights game was a big one for the Blues to hold onto because it means getting out of Minnesota with at least a split. The next game will be the decider for me. I say if they Blues win, they take it in 6. If they lose, the Wild win in 7. Just my gut feeling.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 13, 2017, 10:49 AM Post
Brew4U said:
stoutdude04 said:

Wild dominated, and this is not to take away from Allen, but they did not do a good job of getting quality shots. Of the 52 shots Allen face, maybe half were of decent quality? Too many just flick shots from the side boards for them. On their PP, and I haven't watched them all that much but they just throw everything at the net and hope something sticks. Last nights game was a big one for the Blues to hold onto because it means getting out of Minnesota with at least a split. The next game will be the decider for me. I say if they Blues win, they take it in 6. If they lose, the Wild win in 7. Just my gut feeling.

Even 26 quality shots is a lot. I think the blues PK is solid. Crash down and make it tough to get close opportunities.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 13, 2017, 11:23 AM Post
That had to be deflating for the Wild. I think the Blues take it in 5, with MIN taking one of the STL games. MIN has stifling defense, and Dubnyk is kryptonite for the Blues. Hoping to get through this series unscathed and take it to the Blackhawks. The return of Sobotka can't be undersold for STL, that is a huge addition for the playoffs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 13, 2017, 4:36 PM Post
GO PERDS

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2017, 9:20 PM Post
Preds up 2-0 on FIBs, with former Admirals getting it done. Hopefully no letdown heading back to NSH. Get at least one of those games, then just 1 of the remaining 3. A sweep works, too.

Pekka, my goodness...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2017, 5:57 PM Post
Allen has continued be be great. Blues are a tough matchup for the wild. Quite physical.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2017, 7:39 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
Allen has continued be be great. Blues are a tough matchup for the wild. Quite physical.

Yeah I can't see STL losing four in a down with the way Allen and that defense is playing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 17, 2017, 8:17 AM Post
Brew4U said:
stoutdude04 said:

Yeah I can't see STL losing four in a down with the way Allen and that defense is playing.

Yea, nothing has come easy for them thus far.

EDIT: I love Allen's pads and helmet btw. I haven't had a chance to watch them much this year and like the simplicity of it. The faded Logo on the all white helmet is pretty awesome.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 18, 2017, 12:15 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:

Yea, nothing has come easy for them thus far.

EDIT: I love Allen's pads and helmet btw. I haven't had a chance to watch them much this year and like the simplicity of it. The faded Logo on the all white helmet is pretty awesome.

Stantsy possibly coming back is huge get for the Blues.

Allen's pads are great. Sometimes the simpler the better.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 18, 2017, 1:14 PM Post
trwi7 said:
GO PERDS

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 138 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply