LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next  [ 590 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? (2017)

Author Message
Online  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: June 12, 2018, 7:05 AM Post
Posts: 13907
Journalists whose article titles include phrases such as 'throws shade," "claps back", or "breaks the internet", etc.

Goodness, I can't believe this is even a thing. You are, presumably, reputable news sources. Have some professionalism. News shouldn't sound like it's written by a 14 year old for a local school newspaper.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: June 12, 2018, 8:30 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7449
adambr2 said:
Journalists whose article titles include phrases such as 'throws shade," "claps back", or "breaks the internet", etc.

Goodness, I can't believe this is even a thing. You are, presumably, reputable news sources. Have some professionalism. News shouldn't sound like it's written by a 14 year old for a local school newspaper.


Or "eviscerates," "destroys", etc. about something someone said about someone else.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: June 12, 2018, 8:47 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7449
A certain candidate in the Wisconsin special election has been inundating my mailbox with mailers. For the last month I've been getting something at least every other day and every single day last week I got at least one, sometimes two in the same day. They also sent someone to my house to give me a flyer and speak with me on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Monday. This person's opponent has sent me one thing during the whole campaign. What an incredible and annoying waste of money and paper all of this is for a 5 month position.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: June 25, 2018, 8:41 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2862
I got to celebrate being totally debt free for all of three weeks before my car broke beyond repair (I shoulda gotten another three years out of it, at least) and I had to buy a new vehicle. So now its a year of paying that off and not building that additional retirement savings.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 01, 2018, 1:50 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4700
My power has gone out for the third time today. I'm really annoyed. It's 94 outside, so no A/C.

This is also making it impossible to meal prep, when I've got an electric stovetop

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 02, 2018, 6:32 PM Post
Posts: 487
I had a bad knee injury in HS. I had no problem staying in shape while riding an exercise bike in my 20s. Now I’m 33 and the same old habits aren’t working. A few weeks ago, I started walking at a brisk pace for 40 minutes / day (plus a 2-hour walk on the weekends). Feeling great. Now I’m starting with knee pain. [sad]

I think in the short term it makes sense to battle through the pain - haven’t been this active since before kids. Step 2 would be to drop $100 on a nice pair of walking shoes from an actual running shoe store (not the Kohl’s specials I’d ordinarily buy). Otherwise, I’m dreading having to see a specialist. I don’t want them to say I need to cut back on the long walks or that I’m 10 years away from a knee replacement. Praying for an easy fix.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 02, 2018, 9:08 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5311
nodakfan17 said:
I had a bad knee injury in HS. I had no problem staying in shape while riding an exercise bike in my 20s. Now I’m 33 and the same old habits aren’t working. A few weeks ago, I started walking at a brisk pace for 40 minutes / day (plus a 2-hour walk on the weekends). Feeling great. Now I’m starting with knee pain. [sad]

I think in the short term it makes sense to battle through the pain - haven’t been this active since before kids. Step 2 would be to drop $100 on a nice pair of walking shoes from an actual running shoe store (not the Kohl’s specials I’d ordinarily buy). Otherwise, I’m dreading having to see a specialist. I don’t want them to say I need to cut back on the long walks or that I’m 10 years away from a knee replacement. Praying for an easy fix.

Work with a personal trainer to strengthen your leg muscles, specifically quads, to take some of the pressure off of your knees. My cartilage and meniscus in my right knee are damaged and I had knee pain in my 30's, but after I worked with a trainer for a couple of months and continued to do the exercises my knees feel better in my 40's than 30's.

And definitely invest the money in high quality walking/running shoes. They made a big difference for me. You can get high quality New Balance or Brooks shoes and not have to pay for the advertising and endorsements that Nike, Adidas, etc, pay for.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 02, 2018, 10:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 179
Lazy people who are incapable of walking their grocery cart back to its proper place and just leave them in parking spaces when there's already limited parking as it is.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 03, 2018, 12:50 PM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Posts: 14992
LouisEly said:
And definitely invest the money in high quality walking/running shoes. They made a big difference for me. You can get high quality New Balance or Brooks shoes and not have to pay for the advertising and endorsements that Nike, Adidas, etc, pay for.

Can confirm. I've had good fortune (pausing to knock on wood) with New Balance and Keen shoes. If a New Balance store is in your area (i.e. not just a department store that sells New Balance shoes), the staff can assess your feet and suggest a shoe and/or insole type that would particularly aid you. Not at a discount, but the price still compares favorably to a knee replacement or other medical treatment.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 03, 2018, 4:08 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2862
What I've seen a lot of is that when you're first getting back to an exercise that involves your legs, when the quads weaken it can affect the tendon that helps hold your kneecap in place. And that's what causes the knee pain. It goes away once the quads get a little stronger. A good solution is a patella tendon brace or even just a handkerchief tied just under the kneecap. That holds your kneecap in place and can really reduce the knee pain.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 03, 2018, 4:18 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2862
Made two mistakes this week at work, both somewhat serious and both boneheaded. And they're bugging me.


Last edited by GAME05 on July 03, 2018, 4:20 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 03, 2018, 7:50 PM Post
Posts: 487
Thanks, All, for weighing in on the knee pain.

I dislocated my knee a few times in 2002, so that likely explains the pain around the knee cap. The patellar tendon brace is a great suggestion. I used one during my recovery many years ago. New, decent shoes are also a must. I’ll also look into some stretches and strengthening exercises.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 04, 2018, 9:28 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 962
Location: Waukesha, WI
nodakfan17 said:
I had a bad knee injury in HS. I had no problem staying in shape while riding an exercise bike in my 20s. Now I’m 33 and the same old habits aren’t working. A few weeks ago, I started walking at a brisk pace for 40 minutes / day (plus a 2-hour walk on the weekends). Feeling great. Now I’m starting with knee pain. [sad]


My situation is similar to GAME05. Three years ago I began experiencing some knee pain. An MRI revealed the ligament attaching my quad to my kneecap is 50% torn from the kneecap. At then age 50, decided to live with it. A good PT showed me some exercises to strengthen the hip and quads. I now do activities pain free. If you're in Milwaukee, PM me and I'll pass along his name.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 05, 2018, 9:41 AM Post
Posts: 487
GAME05 said:
What I've seen a lot of is that when you're first getting back to an exercise that involves your legs, when the quads weaken it can affect the tendon that helps hold your kneecap in place. And that's what causes the knee pain. It goes away once the quads get a little stronger. A good solution is a patella tendon brace or even just a handkerchief tied just under the kneecap. That holds your kneecap in place and can really reduce the knee pain.

I surveyed the knee brace selection at Target yesterday and noticed the patella tendon brace you recommended. Would the larger sleeve style brace give me the same support around the knee cap (plus a little more) or is that more of a general purpose brace?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 05, 2018, 9:47 AM Post
Posts: 487
Jimbo said:
nodakfan17 said:
I had a bad knee injury in HS. I had no problem staying in shape while riding an exercise bike in my 20s. Now I’m 33 and the same old habits aren’t working. A few weeks ago, I started walking at a brisk pace for 40 minutes / day (plus a 2-hour walk on the weekends). Feeling great. Now I’m starting with knee pain. [sad]


My situation is similar to GAME05. Three years ago I began experiencing some knee pain. An MRI revealed the ligament attaching my quad to my kneecap is 50% torn from the kneecap. At then age 50, decided to live with it. A good PT showed me some exercises to strengthen the hip and quads. I now do activities pain free. If you're in Milwaukee, PM me and I'll pass along his name.

I really appreciate that! My wife teaches at a small college and has some neat benefits, including free access to an on-site physical therapist at the student health center. Her benefits extend to spouses, so I think I’ll start there. It’s also a good excuse to meet my wife for lunch on campus. It’s like a date except we don’t need to hire a babysitter. [smile]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 05, 2018, 12:53 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4700
nodakfan17 said:
GAME05 said:
What I've seen a lot of is that when you're first getting back to an exercise that involves your legs, when the quads weaken it can affect the tendon that helps hold your kneecap in place. And that's what causes the knee pain. It goes away once the quads get a little stronger. A good solution is a patella tendon brace or even just a handkerchief tied just under the kneecap. That holds your kneecap in place and can really reduce the knee pain.

I surveyed the knee brace selection at Target yesterday and noticed the patella tendon brace you recommended. Would the larger sleeve style brace give me the same support around the knee cap (plus a little more) or is that more of a general purpose brace?


If you truly believe you have patella tendinitis, buy the small thin brace.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/patellar-tendinitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20376113

Icing is important to reduce symptoms and doing strengthening exercises to improve the stabilization in your legs can only reduce the strain on your knees -- planks, squats, lunges, calf raises, etc etc.

Anyway, if pain continues, please, for your sake, go to the doctor!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 06, 2018, 8:31 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2944
The Ho-Chuck Gaming "Let's Go Back" commercial. Just grating! And they play it nearly as much as Pizza Ranch and Gruber Lawffices.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 07, 2018, 11:02 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 13763
Location: Wisconsin
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
The Ho-Chuck Gaming "Let's Go Back" commercial. Just grating! And they play it nearly as much as Pizza Ranch and Gruber Lawffices.
It's been discussed here before, but that HoChunk ad is the worst. What era is that couple even supposed to be from? I can't figure it out.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 07, 2018, 12:49 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7449
Invader3K said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
The Ho-Chuck Gaming "Let's Go Back" commercial. Just grating! And they play it nearly as much as Pizza Ranch and Gruber Lawffices.
It's been discussed here before, but that HoChunk ad is the worst. What era is that couple even supposed to be from? I can't figure it out.


The mid-50's to early 70's. Every single year in between.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: July 07, 2018, 3:51 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2944
jerichoholicninja said:
Invader3K said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
The Ho-Chuck Gaming "Let's Go Back" commercial. Just grating! And they play it nearly as much as Pizza Ranch and Gruber Lawffices.
It's been discussed here before, but that HoChunk ad is the worst. What era is that couple even supposed to be from? I can't figure it out.


The mid-50's to early 70's. Every single year in between.


I have to say that is one nice thing about watching the Brewers on FS1 today. Different ads than the 4 that Fox Sports Wisconsin constantly cycles through.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next  [ 590 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test