Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next  [ 309 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? (2017)

Offline  What's bugging you? (2017)

Posted: January 04, 2017, 4:26 PM Post
Global Moderator
Continued from: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=34813#p1016167
Original Lead: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=2392

DHonks said:
The texting and peeing thing doesn't get me. What gets me is when guys approach a urinal, undo their belt and button, unzip, and pee with their frontside mostly exposed. I've seen it quite a bit lately and don't get why the belt and button have to be undone for peeing to occur

Zippers are harsh. Skin is soft. Its how I was taught. I have no other reasoning. Just keep your eyes up! [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2016)

Posted: January 05, 2017, 8:51 AM Post
That's funny, I didn't even know people peed through their zippers, seems like a lot of trouble when all you have to do is unzip and pull down...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2017, 1:26 PM Post
That's a lot to do when all you have to do is unzip and pop out.

Fan is short for fanatic.
I blame Wang.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2017, 4:19 PM Post
logan82 said:

Through the underwear, through the zipper... No thanks.

[wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2017, 5:00 PM Post
turborickey said:
logan82 said:

[wink]

It's all pipes, what's the difference!?!?!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2017, 7:06 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
turborickey said:
logan82 said:

[wink]

It's all pipes, what's the difference!?!?!

Too much fiddling around, I see no reason why you can't just unzip, pull down.......done! Why go through the hassle of unzipping, then trying to get "joey" out of the underwear hole, through the zipper. Seems like a big hassle. To each their own.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2017, 9:45 AM Post
Global Moderator
This is why, when out in public, I almost exclusively just use a stall. Inside my little cubicle, I can do things however I want without others peeking around at my business.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2017, 10:53 AM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator
I find that stalls are frequently much more disgusting, especially if you have to deal with moving the seat. Plus, there's the potential issue of tying it up if someone might "really" need it.

As far as the original issue, I've never really thought about it and haven't paid attention to the personal choices of others. [smile] But at the risk of getting way too personal, I guess how I operate depends on the pair of pants I'm wearing.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.
-- Sigmund Snopek

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2017, 12:55 PM Post

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2017, 11:47 PM Post
I wear a duty belt for work and I'll get it out in whatever way that prevents me from having to take the darned thing off.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2017, 9:23 AM Post
Aaaaand changing the topic here... what's bugging me are the half dozen or more people I see every day walking around in their Canada Goose Arctic Project parkas. Apparently that's the cool kid brand now, and that patch on the sleeve proudly shows that you can spend $800-1000 on a winter coat.

No, you're not in the Arctic, but apparently you shop at Nordstrom's/Sak's 5th Avenue/Barney's/etc. Maybe it keeps you warm, and maybe the Columbia ski jacket I wear is fashion faux-pas, but for what you paid for your Canada Goose jacket versus the $130 I paid for my jacket I stay pretty warm too and have enough left over to pay for a trip to Miami or LA for a long weekend. Enjoy your cold weekend in Chicago.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2017, 9:53 AM Post
Never even heard of this Canada jacket.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2017, 10:56 AM Post
That's exactly why I hate the Chicago area. Filled with materialistic people that spend $1000+ on everyday items because they are designer brand. Must be a big city thing to stand out.

I remember growing up(small town) the Superintendent of my district(obviously good money) drove a piece of junk pickup truck worth less than the coat you speak of.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2017, 11:34 AM Post
I used to work at a high-end outfitters in a very rich area. You'd be amazed how many $90 plain white undershirts I sold there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2017, 4:32 PM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
LouisEly said:
Aaaaand changing the topic here... what's bugging me are the half dozen or more people I see every day walking around in their Canada Goose Arctic Project parkas. Apparently that's the cool kid brand now, and that patch on the sleeve proudly shows that you can spend $800-1000 on a winter coat.

No, you're not in the Arctic, but apparently you shop at Nordstrom's/Sak's 5th Avenue/Barney's/etc. Maybe it keeps you warm, and maybe the Columbia ski jacket I wear is fashion faux-pas, but for what you paid for your Canada Goose jacket versus the $130 I paid for my jacket I stay pretty warm too and have enough left over to pay for a trip to Miami or LA for a long weekend. Enjoy your cold weekend in Chicago.

I'd never heard of Canada Goose until the 2015-2016 winter, when they seemed to crop up ALL OVER the UW-Madison campus. We were mystified and then flabbergasted once we checked out the Canada Goose website and saw how much those coats cost. And most of them are good to -5! My Lands End parka cost a lot less and holds up in colder temperatures than that.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2017, 8:30 PM Post
What do you want to bet that those kids are either from the east coast or the north Chicago suburbs? It's the "I'm rich and you're not" exclusive brand of the winter.

At least two of them last night at the bar, maybe more (there were parkas but couldn't see the arm patch), and neither of the guys took them off - kept them on even though they were INSIDE. Either showing off, or didn't want to risk getting them stolen (since it was a trendy restaurant/bar, people in groups staying at their table, I doubt that will happen), in which case you shouldn't be bringing it in the first place.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2017, 7:37 AM Post
Global Moderator
Yes Canada Goose has been all over the East Coast for a couple years now. When we lived out there a few years ago, everyone had one. I have been noticing them more in places where I didn't think I'd see them, so the trend is spreading.

LouisEly - That's hilarious. Guaranteed it was so people would see them wearing the coat. Bet they were sweating their you know what off, but it was worth it because they looked cool.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2017, 8:44 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
The Canada Goose website has a page devoted to how to spot counterfeit Canada Goose jackets: https://www.canadagoose.com/us/en/counterfeit/counterfeit.html

Though it's impossible to know for sure by sight alone, some of the UW-Madison CG customers appear to be international students.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2017, 9:25 AM Post
I hate work emails that end with regards or best regards. I don't know why this is bugging me but it is.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 09, 2017, 1:17 PM Post
Global Moderator
nate82 said:
I hate work emails that end with regards or best regards. I don't know why this is bugging me but it is.

We are instructed at work to have our signature close with "Kind regards" as a norm. Drives me nuts. I think it comes more from non-native English speaking culture (we are a German company).

Also, another non-native English speaking phrase that bugs me is "do the needful" (i.e. please perform the action I need you to do).

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next  [ 309 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply