LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 354 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? (2017)

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: September 02, 2017, 11:46 PM Post
The off topic forum turning into Lambeau Leap main forum. I get it that this place gets more traffic than that website but there are now 4 Packer threads. The bucks thread does just fine with 1. Is it possible to make another Packer subforum outside the off topic blanket if there is more than 1 thread?

I also get it that the Packers are a big deal in this state. People at work talk about how good someone looks in a preseason game and completely blow off the Brewers in a playoff chase. I am also one that doesn't really enjoy watching football and prefers to follow hockey in the winter.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 03, 2017, 10:25 AM Post
Global Moderator
zurch1818 said:
The off topic forum turning into Lambeau Leap main forum. I get it that this place gets more traffic than that website but there are now 4 Packer threads. The bucks thread does just fine with 1. Is it possible to make another Packer subforum outside the off topic blanket if there is more than 1 thread?

I also get it that the Packers are a big deal in this state. People at work talk about how good someone looks in a preseason game and completely blow off the Brewers in a playoff chase. I am also one that doesn't really enjoy watching football and prefers to follow hockey in the winter.

It's worth looking at. Myself and the other mods will discuss.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 03, 2017, 10:54 AM Post
Last year there was one dedicated Packers thread, similar to the Badgers and Bucks threads. Could that be done again?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 04, 2017, 4:40 AM Post
Thanks for looking into it. I think 1 thread is a good compromise and will keep Brewerfan from looking like Wall Drug

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 04, 2017, 7:02 AM Post
Global Moderator
We can look at that option too. With it being a holiday weekend, I haven't heard from any of the other mods yet on this. Please be patient...we'll keep you posted.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 04, 2017, 4:42 PM Post
zurch1818 said:

"Like"

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 04, 2017, 6:57 PM Post
It would be great if there was another sub-forum dedicated to just the Packers. Heck, if there are enough people wanting it, the Bucks should get one too. Build these forums up and get people talking sports!

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 05, 2017, 2:36 PM Post
While I am a big Packers fan, this is a Brewers' fan site. Not my call, but I see no reason to create all these sub-forums for non- Brewers/ MLB topics. Just as there's a Bucks thread going in Off-topic, that should be enough for the Packers. There are plenty of Packer sites on the interwebs already, I just don't think we need all that detail here on BF. Just one man's opinion.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 05, 2017, 4:00 PM Post
I liked the idea of Lambeau leap, but I rarely visited. Laziness I suppose. If it's not a ton of work for someone, I would love a Packer sub forum. Just a vote that direction.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 06, 2017, 8:34 AM Post
Global Moderator
I don't mind all the other sports talk in off topic. I guess maybe to clean it up a bit, have subform "other WI sports." I welcome any extra activity that Packers, Badgers, and Bucks would bring to the site.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 06, 2017, 1:37 PM Post
The Brewers. Such a trash franchise.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 06, 2017, 2:48 PM Post
Global Moderator
We don't have ability to create additional subforums right now, so I created a merged topic for Packers/NFL that is now "stickied" to the top of the Off-Topic forum. Additionally, I stickied the Wisconsin Football and Bucks/NBA threads. Hopefully this helps people who want to discuss those topics have one easy place to go to on this forum.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 06, 2017, 2:56 PM Post
Just about every morning since May there has been a cardinal either on my bird feeder or the tree next to it. It's the first thing I see when I walk out of the house and I feel pissed off to start my day.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 06, 2017, 9:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
Invader3K said:
We don't have ability to create additional subforums right now, so I created a merged topic for Packers/NFL that is now "stickied" to the top of the Off-Topic forum. Additionally, I stickied the Wisconsin Football and Bucks/NBA threads. Hopefully this helps people who want to discuss those topics have one easy place to go to on this forum.

So for the last couple years, I've been moderating here and LL.net, but we just couldn't get any push at LL.net. Thus, the decision to shut it down. I'm not sure why we can't get another subforum, but the agreement last year among the moderators was to do exactly as it was done... different threads for different topics.

Generally, the only people that want "one thread" are the people that don't use it. Its hard to discuss anything when people are talking about multiple things at once. Its pretty useless.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 07, 2017, 7:07 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

Yes. It is hard 99% of the time to be a fan of that franchise.

“There's a fine line between being confident and cocky, or overconfident. This is an extremely humbling game. But if you don't believe in yourself, no one else is going to believe in you.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 07, 2017, 8:08 AM Post
Brew4U said:
jerichoholicninja said:

Sometimes I wish we were like the Browns - never even a glimmer of hope. The constant looking like things are going our way before the crashing and burning is worse.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 07, 2017, 2:23 PM Post
Browns fans actually do have hope right now. People are pretty excited in Cleveland over an undefeated preseason. There were even t shirts made for it. That's even worse than continually celebrating a team that lost a championship for 35 years and counting. Honestly, with how meaningless the preseason is, I'd say that getting excited over a 4-0 preseason is delusional. So even teams that seem to have no expectations have fans that are setting themselves up for disappointment. I'd rather actually have a chance once in a while than that...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 07, 2017, 4:00 PM Post
CheezWizHed said:

Generally, the only people that want "one thread" are the people that don't use it. Its hard to discuss anything when people are talking about multiple things at once. Its pretty useless.

If every packer topic became a separate thread, this forum would be nothing but a Packer forum, and myself, I would never come back...

Not being a Packer fan, I am constantly bombarded with Packer news, non news, or anything Packer related everywhere I go. Radio ads, tv ads, you name it, Packers are everywhere. I am speaking for myself only, and you are correct, I don't want to see all the Packer topics separately because I wouldn't use them, I like them all in one tidy thread that I can simply ignore... This is my selfish opinion of course...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2017, 6:55 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Brew4U said:
jerichoholicninja said:

Sometimes I wish we were like the Browns - never even a glimmer of hope. The constant looking like things are going our way before the crashing and burning is worse.

Ok?

- Most national publications had the Brewers finishing 4th or 5th in the division
- I believe there were 44 predictions made by Brewer Fans on the 2017 prediction site and if my math is correct the average win prediction was 74 (2 more than where they currently are at on September 8th). I believe only 5 people had them above .500 with the highest being a very optimistic 86. Again, keep in mind these are Brewer Fans.
- The Brewers did not go out and make any major acquisitions at the trade deadline (and most posters on this site did not want them to). The Cubs, on the other hand, did.
- A lot of the Brewers being in contention all year had to do with the fact that the Cubs were playing far below expectations. The wild card hopes have only come in the last 3 weeks or so as the Rockies have struggled a bit.

To me, whatever "glimmer of hope" the Brewers provided this year was unexpected to begin with, so if they don't reach the playoffs, I'm ok with that.

I know this is a "What's bugging you thread" and I know the Brewers historical track record is not great. However, as stated in most financial disclosures, past performance is not an indicator of future results.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2017, 10:47 AM Post
Global Moderator
jerichoholicninja said:
Brew4U said:
jerichoholicninja said:

My brother is a Cleveland Browns fan. Trust me, you don't want that. It's painful.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 354 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply