LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 189 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? (2017)

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: May 01, 2017, 7:44 PM Post
fondybrewfan said:
Or you could be a tall skinny guy like myself and find it pretty much impossible to find shirts that have long enough arms that don't make me look like a balloon. Plus having to get pretty much every dress shirt and pants I buy tailored is a major pain.

Pants shopping is always the best. I have the shorts for a 400 pound man it feels like. If you getting taller I guess you must get fatter too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 01, 2017, 8:37 PM Post
Global Moderator
RobDeer 45 said:
Jim - Man, those thick heavy cotton T-Shirts really bother me. I really prefer the soft ones that start to feel like you've owned them for 10 years after one wash!

The softness is pretty nice, but the new fabric is so thin. I need some bulk to adequately cover my bulk.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 02, 2017, 12:03 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
fondybrewfan said:
Or you could be a tall skinny guy like myself and find it pretty much impossible to find shirts that have long enough arms that don't make me look like a balloon. Plus having to get pretty much every dress shirt and pants I buy tailored is a major pain.

Pants shopping is always the best. I have the shorts for a 400 pound man it feels like. If you getting taller I guess you must get fatter too.

This. I'm 6'8" tall. I wouldn't say I'm skinny, but I'm not huge. XXL shirts are made for the short and girthy. Big and Tall stores are mostly for the big AND tall. Outrageously expensive. Most t-shirts there feature some sort of animal with an angry/aggressive saying. I'm not a big dog. I just want a reasonably priced t-shirt. I love shirseys, they may fit once, but once washed are useless. Dress clothes fit ridiculously, very billowy. Old Navy online has some stuff that fits in their tall sizes, but there seems to be no consistency in size...and they don't hold their shape very well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 02, 2017, 7:02 PM Post
Tom James custom clothing

If you live in Madison, Milwaukee, or Chicago let me know - I can hook you up with my Tom James rep who makes great custom tailored shirts and suits for a reasonable (not cheap - reasonable) price. I've been buying dress shirts and suits from him for over 15 years.

I'm 6'3", have a 47" chest, 36" long arms, and a 10-12" drop from my chest to my waist depending on how in-shape I am. If anything is big enough in the shoulders/chest and long enough in the arms, the rest of the shirt usually fits like a tent. Jackets are the worst; button-up shirts you can kind of take in on the sides, but not with jackets and the sleeves are usually 1-2" too short.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 03, 2017, 8:32 AM Post
I will second the Tom James recommendation. Their suits are nice, but the custom shirts are worth every penny.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 05, 2017, 11:50 PM Post
Many many years ago I switched to the CBS Sports website from ESPN because theirs got to be full of ads and it was a chore just to reach the headlines. I put up with CBS' banner ad which expanded and collapsed, meaning I had to scroll around even though I was on the page I wanted, and that I couldn't click on links because they were moving around most of the time. But my problem now is that on every page, CBS insists on opening up an audio of some annoying guy which I have to constantly mute. And it's rarely an audio referencing the article I'm reading.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 06, 2017, 8:36 AM Post
Have you ever tried an ad blocker? They do such a good job making websites readable and even load faster. I even found the mobile version of Firefox supports the adblock add-on. Now websites are trying to be smart and guilt you for using an ad blocker by putting a message under the ad that got blocked.

I'm just not sure how well it will work with your audio problem. Maybe there is a mute all button you can click.

Now for what is bugging me...I recently saw someone on this forum using xBA and other Statcast statistics. I figured out that one source was Baseball Savant. They make it so easy to search a player...but you can't actually find all of the detailed stats I'm interested in. The only way I found to get them was to do an advanced search which is difficult to do...especially on a phone.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 08, 2017, 10:33 AM Post
I don't understand why movie directors think it's so cute to make scenes with dialogue you cannot hear without cranking up the volume and then follow it up with gunfire, explosions or other racket. It doesn't add quality to the film, it detracts from it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 09, 2017, 9:42 PM Post
AKCheesehead. I call it the Russell Crowe effect. In movies he's always pretty much whispering.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 12, 2017, 12:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
The annual discussion of "when can we promote/demote him?" based on tiny spring sample sizes...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 14, 2017, 9:59 AM Post
People that listen to music on the golf course so loud that you can hear it 100 yards away.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 7:28 AM Post
Bought some mulch from Menards on Friday, realized I needed to get more on Saturday. Brown mulch purchased on Friday is different shade than brown mulch purchased on Saturday which led to 3rd trip to Menards to buy more mulch to blend the two browns together.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 7:39 AM Post
fondybrewfan said:
Bought some mulch from Menards on Friday, realized I needed to get more on Saturday. Brown mulch purchased on Friday is different shade than brown mulch purchased on Saturday which led to 3rd trip to Menards to buy more mulch to blend the two browns together.

Ya, last year I would buy 3 or 4 bags every other week from Menards. It took until the 3rd time to realize I got a different brand each time even though I was getting it from the same pile. Different colors and different consistency. Some was more wood chips and others were more finely ground. This spring it all looks the same. It fades so quickly the different shades really doesn't make a difference.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 9:13 AM Post
zurch1818 said:
People that listen to music on the golf course so loud that you can hear it 100 yards away.

There, corrected. Not sure when this practice started, but it drives me nuts. Golf courses should outlaw it. The people who do this are the same people you can hear talking 2 fairways away..."Me, I, and me, myself, me, I, me, me, myself, and I.......". The sense of self importance that some people have is intolerable.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 9:20 AM Post
The other day in a Pick N' Save parking lot I saw a bumper sticker on a car that said "F" you and your stick figure family and it had an image of a male and female stick figure engaging in "activity". Seriously? You're that annoyed by someone else's innocent pride in their family that you are going to counter it with completely vulger and inappropriate graphic and display it to the whole world on the back of your car. What is happening to society?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 11:08 AM Post
I guess the former employees walked off with two keys. Something like that. Gotta get two made by Saturday, but I guess it's a special sorta key and blanks aren't easy to find. Has the "don't duplicate" on it so we'll see if they'll do it anyway. Would like to avoid asking the higher-ups for more as I'd get the "Why are they missing? Didn't you collect them? Why wait until now?" routine.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 12:29 PM Post
GAME05 said:
I guess the former employees walked off with two keys. Something like that. Gotta get two made by Saturday, but I guess it's a special sorta key and blanks aren't easy to find. Has the "don't duplicate" on it so we'll see if they'll do it anyway. Would like to avoid asking the higher-ups for more as I'd get the "Why are they missing? Didn't you collect them? Why wait until now?" routine.

The hardware store I worked at just had you fill out a form to get "Do Not Duplicate" keys made and it was only to protect the store from liability. Shouldn't be a problem getting them made.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 1:01 PM Post
Patrick425 said:
zurch1818 said:

There, corrected. Not sure when this practice started, but it drives me nuts. Golf courses should outlaw it. The people who do this are the same people you can hear talking 2 fairways away..."Me, I, and me, myself, me, I, me, me, myself, and I.......". The sense of self importance that some people have is intolerable.

With how much golf has fallen off in recent years, especially with young people, they're doing all they can to do things to accommodate younger people. I really don't think you can blame the courses for allowing it, they're all going to go under soon and the private membership clubs will too as all the old folks pass away. If you've ever spent time in one of those it's rare to see anyone under 40, heck even 50. That said, you can play your own music and keep it at a normal volume and it's really not a big deal. no need to have it cranked to 11.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 3:13 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Patrick425 said:
zurch1818 said:

With how much golf has fallen off in recent years, especially with young people, they're doing all they can to do things to accommodate younger people. I really don't think you can blame the courses for allowing it, they're all going to go under soon and the private membership clubs will too as all the old folks pass away. If you've ever spent time in one of those it's rare to see anyone under 40, heck even 50. That said, you can play your own music and keep it at a normal volume and it's really not a big deal. no need to have it cranked to 11.

I think if anyone had suggested 20 years ago that there will be a trend on golf courses where golfers will play music in their carts, most golfers would have laughed at that suggestion and said that would never happen or be allowed to happen. When I witness trends of this nature it just reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy".

I would not say that keeping it at "a normal volume is really not a big deal". If you are on a green and the 4 some ahead of you is playing music on the tee box at a "normal volume", you can still hear it. I have a hard time understanding why some people feel other people should should be subjected to listen to their taste in music when they are on a golf course (or that other people even want to listen to music at all while they are golfing). I guess I'm too self conscious to ever think that way and would never have any desire to draw that kind of attention to myself. I sometimes get the sense that people engage in this type of behavior because they know it annoys others (or maybe they are just profoundly egotistical and/or oblivious).

I don't know the exact numbers and I understand that golf's popularity is declining, but sometimes I wonder if it's a bit overblown. Golf popularity was at an all time high during the Tiger Woods era. Are we comparing it to that time period? Maybe golf is just back at it's pre-Tiger popularity levels. Just a theory, could be wrong.

All golf courses are not going to "go under" soon or even in our lifetime. Horse racing use to be one of the top 3 sports in terms of popularity in the U.S., but the sport did not disappear as popularity took a drastic turn downwards. Yes, some golf courses may eventually fold, but the sport that has been in existence for about 500 years is not going away any time soon. Also, country clubs memberships have always skewed towards an older age group.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 15, 2017, 3:57 PM Post
But why are people who prefer to listen to music subjected to your preference to not have music on the golf course, it works both ways.

The closing of golf courses is already happening. Just google it and read up on how down the numbers are, of course some will always exist but there will continue to be a contraction for awhile. I don't know if I said 'all' but if I did of course I didn't mean it literally.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/ ... cial-media

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobcook/20 ... dc2d8d77c1

ETA: I get this is a what's bugging you, so I get that it's opinion based and you're more than able to have it. i'm not trying to say you're wrong, heck overall I agree with you but I'm really easy going so it would never bother me anyway on the course. Just saying I get why it's being allowed now.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 189 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply