LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next  [ 762 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? (2017)

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: September 20, 2018, 5:18 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Not a teacher but I did work at a high school and monitored students throughout the day. While not a top reason why I left the job, a potential shooting was probably in the top 10. We had drills but it seemed neither the students nor teachers took them very seriously. We were basically told it's up to the teacher/monitor whether to hide or flee in that situation. My room was unique in that it was windowless, there were multiple entrances/exits, and also a couple rooms within the room. For each period I had a mental plan about what to do if something happened based on the number and makeup of the students, whether to barricade and hunker down or head out the other door and run.

There’s a lot more teachers that think the way you did while working at a school than you think. Been at three different schools and had many conversation. It’s a top priority for most. Unfortunately planning can only do so much. Which is probably why there are so many mixed messages on how to react. ALICE training seems to be rhe best to me so far.

On another note, my school had a federal grant and we installed bullet proof glass last week. So, there’s that, I guess.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2018, 7:24 PM Post
Can anyone understand what "Tubey" is saying in the WI Dells commercial where it opens up with him saying "Boy, 'blank' is really happening in the Reyes' household"? What's really happening in their household? Our family tries to figure it out every time it comes on. We have no idea. Sounds like he is saying "flights" or "fights", but neither would make any sense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2018, 7:33 PM Post
Patrick425 said:
Can anyone understand what "Tubey" is saying in the WI Dells commercial where it opens up with him saying "Boy, 'blank' is really happening in the Reyes' household"? What's really happening in their household? Our family tries to figure it out every time it comes on. We have no idea. Sounds like he is saying "flights" or "fights", but neither would make any sense.

life's

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2018, 7:33 PM Post
Patrick425 said:

life's

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2018, 7:22 AM Post
Ah..ok. That makes sense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2018, 11:01 AM Post
You know how sometimes there's that guy in the office who comes in early to work so they can get ahead of their tasks, and they do it every day? The guy who eats lunch at his desk so he can keep working even though he's not getting paid for that hour? The guy who just goes way overboard? And you get pretty frustrated by it because it's not really necessary most all of the time, but at the same time it makes you feel guilty and lazy for it bothering you in the first place? Well the culture of my workplace is like that, and it's frustrating. I feel like I'm going to get fired if I take a 61-minute lunch. Sitting down to have a cup of coffee in the morning has been called lazy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2018, 7:06 PM Post
Global Moderator
I may get run out of town for saying this, but some of the Brewers Twitterverse towards the Cubs is getting pretty chesty.

The Cole Hamels stuff and the Flying the L and all of that seems a little strong for a fan base that's seen exactly 1 League Champion in almost 50 years.

I dislike Chicago fans as much as the next guy, but I would rather see Brewers fans celebrating wins instead of Cubs losses.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2018, 7:54 PM Post
If you live in the city of Chicago, there is a 19% sales tax on vehicle leases. Yes, 19%. Doesn't matter where you lease the vehicle, it matters where you live.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2018, 8:46 AM Post
JimH5 said:
I may get run out of town for saying this, but some of the Brewers Twitterverse towards the Cubs is getting pretty chesty.

The Cole Hamels stuff and the Flying the L and all of that seems a little strong for a fan base that's seen exactly 1 League Champion in almost 50 years.

I dislike Chicago fans as much as the next guy, but I would rather see Brewers fans celebrating wins instead of Cubs losses.

The giant L flag at Miller Park a few weeks back was funny, but I’d say that gag has peaked.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2018, 8:50 AM Post
LouisEly said:
If you live in the city of Chicago, there is a 19% sales tax on vehicle leases. Yes, 19%. Doesn't matter where you lease the vehicle, it matters where you live.

I wonder how that compares to the rest of Illinois or even neighboring states (IDK, I’ve never leased)? But yeah, ‘rediculous’ is one of the first words to come to mind. I’ve always thought paying sales tax on a used vehicle purchase was unnecessary because someone already paid the sales tax when it was new.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2018, 9:52 AM Post
I believe the rest of Illinois is 9%, which is the same as the vehicle purchase tax. The city of Chicago adds another 10% on top of it. Likely to "nudge" (shove?) you towards using the city's public transportation system. But if you reverse commute to the suburbs and/or where the public transportation system doesn't go, it's hard to use public transportation.

If you move to Illinois and try to register a vehicle they look back three months and if you've purchased/leased in the last three months they charge you the difference between what you paid in that state and Illinois tax.

Good thing my parents still live in WI. I could pay them to lease the vehicle and save almost $3000 in taxes on a $500/month vehicle.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2018, 11:53 AM Post
The Brewers ticketing now uses the ReCaptcha system to verify that I am not a robot. I'm trying to check for tickets released last minute today, but every time I make a selection, I'm forced to click through 10 screens of "click on all the pictures of fire hydrants." before it will actually perform the search.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2018, 11:31 PM Post
I absolutely despise those verification images. Half the time I get them wrong. When they tell me to click on all the images with a vehicle, I’m never sure if they want me to include all pictures with even the tiniest sliver or corner of a vehicle in them. And then the pictures aren’t always clear enough to tell what’s a tire vs a shadow on the pavement, etc. And now sometimes the pictures change after you select them the first time... ugh

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 06, 2018, 11:23 AM Post
chuckiehacks said:
The Brewers ticketing now uses the ReCaptcha system to verify that I am not a robot. I'm trying to check for tickets released last minute today, but every time I make a selection, I'm forced to click through 10 screens of "click on all the pictures of fire hydrants." before it will actually perform the search.

Well, you have been caught. We knew you were a robot all along...
[laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 07, 2018, 7:02 AM Post
I did a workshop at a company that trains AI and they said those ReCaptcha systems are actually ways to train AI how to identify images.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 15, 2018, 7:44 PM Post
"Is you ready?" Seriously?

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 17, 2018, 3:02 PM Post
Baseball in October means playoffs. Catching a cold in the fall means watching Brewer playoffs while fighting off a cold. Possibly my first cold during any season. Ugh.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2018, 7:10 AM Post
young guns said:
"Is you ready?" Seriously?

This is beyond annoying to me...

I mute the tv when this comes on, I just can't listen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2018, 12:28 PM Post
"Hey, you go to Brewers games, you have any extra World Series tickets for me and my friends?"

No, my dear Aunt, Cousin, acquaintance and even co-worker. If I have extra World Series tickets, I'm most definitely not selling them to you for face value so you can bring people I don't even know to the game.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 18, 2018, 4:38 PM Post
"Hey, you go to Brewers games, you have any extra World Series tickets for me and my friends?"

For me it's, "Hey, you live in Madison. Can you get some tickets to a Badger game for me?"

In all seriousness, a relative of mine in Iowa contacted me the first time Nebraska played at Camp Randall asking if I could get tickets for their friends that are Nebraska fans. First, I wouldn't get tickets for Nebraska fans, second, there's a thing called the internet where people resell tickets to pretty much every sporting event.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next  [ 762 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply