LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  [ 665 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What's bugging you? (2017)

Offline  Re: What's bugging you? (2017)
Posted: October 24, 2018, 8:01 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
That reminds me of the 2007 season (which looked playoff hopeful for a while). The SO's sister-in law was all "hey, if you guys have any playoff tickets you're not going to use..." and my thinking was THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BREWERS PLAYOFF TICKETS I'M NOT GOING TO USE.

In 2008 we added a 20-pack (giving us two), which means we're now offered four seats for the postseason. We did bring brother and SIL to one of the NLDS games this year.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 25, 2018, 7:07 AM Post
The inability for people to have a conversation without checking their phones constantly. Seriously.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 26, 2018, 8:41 AM Post
Baldkin said:
The inability for people to have a conversation without checking their phones constantly. Seriously.

When I was in grad school I went out to some bar with five undergrads. We sat down and they immediately got out their phones and were on it the whole time. I got up, went to the bar, and made friends with the people there. I'm not even sure the undergrads realized I'd left. What's the point of going out to be on your phone when you could just as well do that at home?

Phones also ruin good bar conversation. You know, especially when you talk about sports and you start to argue about who was the best or who had what stats, and it can be pretty entertaining as people remember names and numbers. But now somebody just whips out their phone, looks it all up, and that's the end of the conversation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 26, 2018, 3:23 PM Post
"Millennial date" - when two people sit at the same table in a restaurant looking at their phones and interacting with people who aren't there.

I brought this up with a MBA classmate of mine who is a Millennial (they pretty much all are Millennials). I said it was rude, and she said, "But what if a friend of mine texts me? Isn't it rude to not respond?" (paraphrasing)

Uh, isn't it rude to not pay attention to your date? Basically you are telling that person that other people are more important that they are and/or you'd rather be with someone else at that moment.

Here's an idea... wait until the date's over to respond. Or excuse yourself to the bathroom.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 29, 2018, 6:37 AM Post
GAME05 said:
Baldkin said:

When I was in grad school I went out to some bar with five undergrads. We sat down and they immediately got out their phones and were on it the whole time. I got up, went to the bar, and made friends with the people there. I'm not even sure the undergrads realized I'd left. What's the point of going out to be on your phone when you could just as well do that at home?

Phones also ruin good bar conversation. You know, especially when you talk about sports and you start to argue about who was the best or who had what stats, and it can be pretty entertaining as people remember names and numbers. But now somebody just whips out their phone, looks it all up, and that's the end of the conversation.

With people who I hang out with who have a severe cell phone addiction, I make them play cell phone roulette. Everyone's phones in the middle of the table. First person to pick up their phone buys the drinks/food/whatever.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  [ 665 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply