LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next  [ 368 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The Investment Thread

Offline  Re: The Investment Thread
Posted: March 13, 2020, 2:59 PM Post
Metals are plummeting. Does anyone have a source they would recommend from their own experience buying and selling?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 13, 2020, 6:14 PM Post
So far made some nice money simply day trading 1 stock over the last 2 weeks. Bought and sold it 3 times. Guessing Monday and Tuesday will be down, so I’ll target a low level Monday, and hope to add to it lower Tuesday

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: The Investment Thread
Posted: March 14, 2020, 7:02 AM Post
AKCheesehead said:
Metals are plummeting. Does anyone have a source they would recommend from their own experience buying and selling?

What’s your objective? If it’s to speculate, I’d go with the iShares Silver Trust ETF (ticker: SLV). The transaction costs on trading physical gold and silver will eat into your profits. Do you have sales tax in Alaska? It’s a killer in Wisconsin for trading physical precious metals. You pay a 5% premium to buy, but you don’t get it back when you sell. The state keeps it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 6:25 AM Post
New financial goal for 2020: Keep job.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 11:01 AM Post
nodakfan17 said:
AKCheesehead said:

What’s your objective? If it’s to speculate, I’d go with the iShares Silver Trust ETF (ticker: SLV). The transaction costs on trading physical gold and silver will eat into your profits. Do you have sales tax in Alaska? It’s a killer in Wisconsin for trading physical precious metals. You pay a 5% premium to buy, but you don’t get it back when you sell. The state keeps it.

No statewide sales tax, just city sales taxes in some towns. There are dealerships over in anchorage for gold and silver, and no city tax there. But that’s a 400 mile plane ride away.

My objective of course is buy low and sell high. Just following prices it seems like there may be a good opportunity right now, trying to figure out a smooth way to do it and of course most importantly not get burned.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 3:25 PM Post
Rates to zero ... yikes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 4:09 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
Rates to zero ... yikes.

They just used their last bullet!! smh

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 4:10 PM Post
How will that rate affect mortgage rates? Or won’t it?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 4:23 PM Post
Brew4U said:
How will that rate affect mortgage rates? Or won’t it?

It won’t. At least not in the short term.

Most banks have full refi pipelines and are going to be hesitant to book new volume at anything less than 3%. But when their pipelines thin out, who knows?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 4:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
It'll cause mortgage rates to decline eventually, though not as quickly as shorter-term rates.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 4:26 PM Post
Jaylyn said:
nodakfan17 said:
Rates to zero ... yikes.

They should never have cut rates three times in 2019 when the economy was humming along just fine.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 5:15 PM Post
nodakfan17 said:
Jaylyn said:
nodakfan17 said:
Rates to zero ... yikes.

They should never have cut rates three times in 2019 when the economy was humming along just fine.

Funny, they should never have raised rates 4 times in 2018 while simultaneously Quantitative Tightening.

From 2012 - 2016 economists where looking for one rate hike per year, but Yellen continued to sit on her hands. Slow and steady would have been a better solution.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 7:46 PM Post
Jaylyn said:
nodakfan17 said:
Rates to zero ... yikes.

Could always go negative...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 15, 2020, 10:38 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
There’s no way out of this now. This is on the scale of 9/11. The economic hit is going to be massive and it is going to take years to get out of the hole.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 16, 2020, 4:20 AM Post
owbc said:
There’s no way out of this now. This is on the scale of 9/11. The economic hit is going to be massive and it is going to take years to get out of the hole.

At this point, I’d take a 9/11-type recession. Unemployment ‘only’ increased from 4%-6%. At least there’s a bottom.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 18, 2020, 6:55 PM Post
I started dabbling in a couple things today, as I think there was capitulation going on. Preferred stocks (much safer dividends than common shares) were outright being blown out the door, and things like Square rallied 22% off an incredible dump.

Not saying we’re out of the woods and we may retest lows again, not sure some of these stocks will see the same lows though.

Bought a few as speculative:

MSB a little under $10 (iron ore trust in northern MN, no debt and the only thing that it does is distribute royalty payments)

NYMTN around $7. preferred stock in a mortgage reit. If they survive it’ll be a 27-30% annual dividend at my purchase price.

Eying McDonalds, Delta, and AT&T for the long haul. MCD is getting obscene and Buffett has a large position in DAL already. I think he makes a move on them.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 18, 2020, 7:08 PM Post
Why didn't I buy APRN a week ago?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 19, 2020, 9:02 AM Post
superfly said:
I started dabbling in a couple things today, as I think there was capitulation going on. Preferred stocks (much safer dividends than common shares) were outright being blown out the door, and things like Square rallied 22% off an incredible dump.

Not saying we’re out of the woods and we may retest lows again, not sure some of these stocks will see the same lows though.

Bought a few as speculative:

MSB a little under $10 (iron ore trust in northern MN, no debt and the only thing that it does is distribute royalty payments)

NYMTN around $7. preferred stock in a mortgage reit. If they survive it’ll be a 27-30% annual dividend at my purchase price.

Eying McDonalds, Delta, and AT&T for the long haul. MCD is getting obscene and Buffett has a large position in DAL already. I think he makes a move on them.

Well didn’t expect that so fast Lol. Took some NYMTN off at 14 and riding free from here on in. Crazy moves.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 19, 2020, 2:07 PM Post
A co-worker keeps talking about Carnival. Usually hovers around $50 and has gotten as low as $7. Been bouncing around +/- $4 the past week or so, so I'd guess a lot of folks are using it as a quick buy/sell stock. He's also looking into the company's suppliers, which almost certainly would have Carnival as their biggest client.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 19, 2020, 2:33 PM Post
Should I receive any stimulus money, I plan on spending a portion at a local coin shop. Silver is attractively priced and it would help keep those dollars flowing in the community.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next  [ 368 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply