LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  [ 365 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The Investment Thread

Online  Re: The Investment Thread
Posted: June 03, 2020, 6:49 PM Post
I honestly find it more than a little disturbing that the stock market is basically right back where it was

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The Investment Thread
Posted: June 03, 2020, 9:23 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
igor67 said:
I honestly find it more than a little disturbing that the stock market is basically right back where it was

As I noted in the other thread, many businesses have used this as an opportunity to slash labor costs and trim unnecessary costs. Many were also sitting on a ton of cash which combined with the government loans has allowed them to move along.

The question I have is--when will the high unemployment start to take its toll on the economy? Seems like the answer depends on how long unemployment benefits are allowed to continue. And a number of industries are counting on additional government support to make it through the rest of the year. My bet is that nothing is allowed to fall apart until after the November election.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 03, 2020, 11:12 PM Post
igor67 said:

Unlimited fed printing and 0% interest rates really does wonders for a fake stock market doesn’t it? Oops sorry I was supposed to say “stimulates the economy.” 2020 pumping stocks is what 2019 was except all roided up.

*Typing this as the futures are green and were on about 12 days in a row of the same exact “pumping stock futures at night and green markets all day long.”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 04, 2020, 12:20 AM Post
superfly said:
igor67 said:

Unlimited fed printing and 0% interest rates really does wonders for a fake stock market doesn’t it? Oops sorry I was supposed to say “stimulates the economy.” 2020 pumping stocks is what 2019 was except all roided up.

*Typing this as the futures are green and were on about 12 days in a row of the same exact “pumping stock futures at night and green markets all day long.”

This bothers me also, but then again the Dow is based on 30 companies. My stock watch has lost one stock, and I feel at least 2 more are due to disappear or be bought out and absorbed.
I imagine there are a few sectors that have or will be hit hard, but come the Dow 30, 3months is but a blip to them, I imagine the majority was deemed essential and business generally moved right on along.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 07, 2020, 7:38 PM Post
Not being bearish but in my opinion the “virus” cases are about to spike here in the next few weeks...could see the market yanked. I’ll be taking profits on anything left that I’m not holding long long term.

Note we won’t see the lows again, but im thinking they try to shut us down again. Horrible for the economy and all of us, bullish for stocks.

Just for fun I’ll probably buy a small position in Hertz (HTZ) this week too. Read the government is directly invested in them now by hook or crook, so thinking they won’t cancel the shares. Hero or zero type play.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  [ 365 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply